Skip to content

What, exactly, was wrong with ToB?

13»

Comments

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    edited November 2013
    New DLC for TOB:

1) Milkshakes with Cespenar. More character development for everyone's favorite (and only) abyssal butler. He likes strawberry.

2) Bhaal's diary. An unlikely remnant of a dead god, this reveals a puckish sense of humour. Unfortunately your removing it from its hiding place seems to have triggered a number of practical-jokes/traps throughout the pocket plane...
    Post edited by Corvino on
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Except everyone knows that Milkshakes with Cespenar would be pre-order DLC at specific retailers.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    As far as I'm concerned, charname's story ended with the defeat of Irenicus in hell at the end of SoA.
    The rest has yet to be determined.
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    The real problem for me was that it ended the saga.
  • MikeMastersMikeMasters Member Posts: 141
    ajwz said:

As far as I'm concerned, charname's story ended with the defeat of Irenicus in hell at the end of SoA.
    The rest has yet to be determined.

@ajwz I agree, SoA was just pure awesome, great story, NPCs and Irenicus was brilliant. Adventures should be added after Irenicus.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    meagloth said:

I think you are all projecting Serevoks personality onto bhaal. Who said he was this big badass with no sense of humor? No one. Who said he had a sense of humor? No one, but cespenar implied it. I think you need to stop projecting your preconceived images of personality onto bhaal, like have you even met him? Exactly. So don't judge.

:-)

To be fair to the 'totally grimdark badass' school of thought, Bhaal often appears to his followers as a mangled corpse or something bone-themed, and his avatar is an Eldritch Abomination with talons the size of short swords and the face of a lamprey. He does certainly have his darker side.

On the other hand, as I pointed out, he was the rogue of his party, a Lawful Evil rogue, and that comes with it certain expectations of cunning and mirth.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

meagloth said:

I think you are all projecting Serevoks personality onto bhaal. Who said he was this big badass with no sense of humor? No one. Who said he had a sense of humor? No one, but cespenar implied it. I think you need to stop projecting your preconceived images of personality onto bhaal, like have you even met him? Exactly. So don't judge.

To be fair to the 'totally grimdark badass' school of thought, Bhaal often appears to his followers as a mangled corpse or something bone-themed, and his avatar is an Eldritch Abomination with talons the size of short swords and the face of a lamprey. He does certainly have his darker side.

On the other hand, as I pointed out, he was the rogue of his party, a Lawful Evil rogue, and that comes with it certain expectations of cunning and mirth.
    Dude, all that means is that he invented Halloween.
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    meagloth said:

meagloth said:

I'll send him over to your house for trick or treats next year. Without the option for treats.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Amberion said:

meagloth said:

meagloth said:

I'll send him over to your house for trick or treats next year. Without the option for treats.
    So one of you has met him