Skip to content

BGII:EE Compatible Mod List

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Unfortunately I don't have time to maintain a date-time system for each mod added; I can add a "new" marker next to the latest things added, however.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Looking over the list it looks pretty good all things considered :)
  • beingmarkhbeingmarkh Member Posts: 42
    While I have a fair to middlin' idea as to what the answer might be, will the item upgrade mod work for a) mac users; and b) people with zero coding skills, who understand about seven percent of the conversations about mods?

I'd settle for the limited/special (can't remember what it was called) edition vendors that showed up in Ribald's shop and the Copper Coronet.

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Those vendors should already be in the unmodded game, no?
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    I believe they're on the upper floor in the back of Ribald's
  • EmmiEmmi Member Posts: 77
    Does anyone know anything about the progress on the Sarah NPC mod? Unfortunatly, I don't even know where to look for that kind of thing.
  • FrkunFrkun Member Posts: 52
    Can I have some recomendations about mods? I am interested in well developed and complex missions. I downloaded the minsc's boo kidnaping mission and I was totally dissapointed with simple dialogs, no depth and just keep reading texts.

I am specially interested in the underworld, which I consider the most annoying part of the game, not being able to escape after looong time in places where you cannot return back to the worldmap. I would like neat stuff to make my walkthrough more interesting and fresh.

I am not very interested in NPCs until they have a really good story behind. In this play I am having a romance with Neera and probably on my next one it will be with the mod Saerileth, which I was said it was quite good. Also I heard good things about ascension. TOB is pretty straightforward so mods with extra missions fot TOB are also welcome, but I would really like to stick to proffesionally looking mods.

Thanks in advance.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    The only time the words "good" and "Saerileth" should be in the same sentence is if you say "Good riddance, Saerileth". :)
    edited November 2013
    So, the saerileth is not a good mod? Good in the sense of coherent, cared, with many content and complete.
    edited November 2013
    I think that in general, there are two kinds of mod-NPCs: the kind that fit into the story, and the kind that take over the story.

Saerileth is in the latter group. There's a reason that particular mod is referred to as "Saerileth's Gate: Shadows of Saerileth". :)
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    I've never tried Saerileth, but now I want to :)

It's sound kinda like Sharknado, i.e. you know is bad, but you have to watch it anyway :D
    @shawne, that doesn't have to be something bad. I think that as long as it gives new and extensive content is good enough for me. I hope to not to be wrong with this mod in the end. If that's all your complains I will give it a try.

Still in need of extra content that is not game breaking, big and consistent, pretty much like the new NPCs of the EE.

Also, it would be nice to have a mod that increases the game's speed so I don't have to spend 200 hours on every run. I am right now quite interested on the new content but not in the old one, so actually some speed up for the game in general could be quite useful, specially when having to traverse empty scenarios -once again-.

Thanks for your comments.
  • KilmantorKilmantor Member Posts: 34
    I tested Saerileth and this mod just don't fit in BG. Sorry but 15 year old girls fighting against undeads and dragons is just not authentic and all this manga-style trash totally breaks the atmosphere. Too much Sailor Moon for me!

PS: I need Solaufein and Valen NPC for BG2:EE! ;-)
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2013
    @Frkun Kulyok's Sellswords and Back to Brynnlaw are both quality mods with great writing, perfect coding and dynamic quests. In The Sellswords you'll explore the Underdark city of Menzoberranzan in a different approach from Ust Natha. To fight boredom in vanilla underdark, take an EE party. The new NPCs make it quite colorful.

Lava's Tales of the Deep Gardens is a rich quest mod, hopefully he'll update the White Queen and Eilistraee's Song, good additions to the game and blend seamlessly.

Ascension is a must. It expands ToB and make it considerably more interesting and challenging, also great synergy with Wheels of Prophecy.

I don't know about a mod that speeds the game, but the Banter Packs have the option to accelerate banters frenquency allowing speed runs without missing much of the (vanilla) party interactions.
    Post edited by Foggy on
  • FuineFuine Member Posts: 40
    Liam says He doesn't have the time to keep a detailed list. If we create a google spreadsheet that can be edited by anyone and put the link to the original post, We can keep a list with every kind Of detail, like when it was added, particular compatibility issues with other mods in the list without bothering Liam.
  • MasacruAlexMasacruAlex Member Posts: 9
    please creator of thread try to add a sign to the new added mods or to the updated ones that have been in the list already, like * or something so we know.
  • noddy366noddy366 Member Posts: 5
    ok probs a silly question but im trying to get a mod on my game but no matter where i extract the file it cant find the game directory any ideas how to fix this ?
  • boomboxboombox Member Posts: 2

I already answered this.

Thank you, Solaufein. I know it's a massive undertaking and of course I understand it will take a humongous amount of time. If it is realized, I will come and kiss you, man! Or if that's not your thing, I will ask my girlfriend to do it. Just kiss, mind it! *glares*

• CrabappleCrabapple Member Posts: 4
    Anyone making the improved battles series in throne of bhaal compatible?
  • Eveningstar2Eveningstar2 Member Posts: 1
    The latest patch seems to have broken several mods, including Dungeon-be-Gone and Isra. All of their dialogue options show up as "Invalid######"
  • ValendaleValendale Member Posts: 34
    edited November 2013
    We should do some categorization and make a list of all the Enhanced Edition compatible mods by type where it's easier to find.

So like

NPC Mods
    Amber NPC (just needs an updated version of WeiDU)
    Ajantis NPC
    Tashia NPC
    [in progress] Ajantis NPC
    [in progress] Kivan and Deheriana Companions
    Kindrek NPC
    Xan NPC
    Yasraena NPC
    Alora NPC

For example.
    @Valendale: If you want to put that up as a Google document, by all means do so - the problem with doing it here is that it's really, really important to install BG2 mods in the correct order, and I think that trumps the convenience of having them sorted by type. Make a mistake with the install sequence and the entire game can go kaput.
    Putting types is for filtering not for sorting
    shawne said:

@Valendale: If you want to put that up as a Google document, by all means do so - the problem with doing it here is that it's really, really important to install BG2 mods in the correct order, and I think that trumps the convenience of having them sorted by type. Make a mistake with the install sequence and the entire game can go kaput.

• zerkeshzerkesh Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    So uhm... *fidget* Imoen Romance mod?

... Don't judge me!

http://imoen.blindmonkey.org/
  • GSmith84GSmith84 Member Posts: 25
    Has anybody encountered issues with BG2 EE Steam and the Mods since the update on 11/21. I had to reinstall all the mods because I had a lot of Inactive ###### but since then I've had some dialog mismatch stuff going on.

I think thats supposed to be his name because mousing over him what is visible is Black Isle Studios Division Director.
    Hi guys. I have complied a crude list at google docs.
    It is editable with everyone with the link.
    Since it is editable by all you can fix any mistake and add extra mods wikipedia style.
    Also I probably babbled heavily about mod types. Feel free to correct them or tell me what to put.
    Since it is editable by all if people use it I will take multiple backups everyday to keep it safe.
    Link is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApOxBTzo7fj5dFlzNTEzb1QxdlBtSWxHb2FDTlprelE&usp=sharing
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    zerkesh said:

... Don't judge me!

Sister romance mod? :P
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353

zerkesh said:

... Don't judge me!

Stop judging him! :P

• zerkesh said:

... Don't judge me!

He is bad and what he wants to do is bad. ;)
  • zerkeshzerkesh Member Posts: 3
    Cyteen said:

zerkesh said:

... Don't judge me!

He is bad and what he wants to do is bad. ;)
    But how can something so bad, feel so good? Imoen is great!
This discussion has been closed.