Skip to content

BGII:EE Compatible Mod List

Comments

• JoviwanJoviwan Member Posts: 28
    zerkesh said:

So uhm... *fidget* Imoen Romance mod?

... Don't judge me!

http://imoen.blindmonkey.org/

Don't get your hopes up for this one. It's gone through 2 or 3 different devs now, none of which ever finish updating or continuing it.
  • EmmiEmmi Member Posts: 77
    Joviwan said:

zerkesh said:

... Don't judge me!

Don't get your hopes up for this one. It's gone through 2 or 3 different devs now, none of which ever finish updating or continuing it.
    A shame, really, it's one of my favorites and I had high hopes for cleaned up new v2.1 without all the unnecessery, psycho replies. But I guess a conclusion for ToB in a release for BG2:EE would be too much to hope for.
    MonkeyRobotMan
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514

Hey everyone, I tried to install 'Nathaniel' today, and it didn't cooperate with me. [...]

new to modding as well but when I got that error what I did was, Ive extracted the rar (mod) into the game's main folder where the exe is then I simply ran the setup and it worked

Well, it didn't work for me. :(

Is it possible that the newest patch disagrees with the mod?
  • Bladesinger1985Bladesinger1985 Member Posts: 7
    What about the Tactics mod? anyone know when it will be compatible with Enhanced Edition? I don't play vanilla BG2 anymore, too easy.

And anyone found a way to still get items imported from Bg1?
    Sivar
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited November 2013
    @Syntia13
    That isn't the game main directory. The main directory is always the one with the file CHITIN.KEY in it.

The above statement is always true, irrespective of the OS (Windows, Mac, iPad, etc.), Store (Beamdog, Steam, Apple, GOG, etc.), version (Vanilla, Enhanced, BG1, BG2, etc.), etc.

In your case the right path should be

E:\Flame\Gry2\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783\

Post edited by Erg on
    Syntia13
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    zerkesh said:

Cyteen said:

zerkesh said:

... Don't judge me!

Sister romance mod? :P
    Stop judging him! :P

He is bad and what he wants to do is bad. ;)
    But how can something so bad, feel so good? Imoen is great!
    Okay, this whole exchange made me crack up. People are looking at me funny now.
    booinyoureyesStoneSwords
  • NamikNamik Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2013
    *edit* Nevermind.
    Post edited by Namik on
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    @Erg
    Erg said:

That isn't the game main directory. The main directory is always the one with the file CHITIN.KEY in it.
    In your case the right path should be E:\Flame\Gry2\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783

OH! I see! It worked, thank you! :D:*

MasacruAlexErg
  • XellosXellos Member Posts: 16
    The NPC mod I really want finished is Fade (no ToB section), but I'm pretty sure that's never going to happen. Shame, I really liked it.
    Emmi
  • triclops41triclops41 Member Posts: 207
    Assuming it's ready, will I be able to install Ascension after I finish SoA but before ToB while importing my SoA save without issue, or must I restart from SoA?
    booinyoureyes
  • AvenelAvenel Member Posts: 94
    Is there any update on the Kivan mod? Amn is a very lonely place for my PC without him...
    booinyoureyesSapphireIce101AvengingExile
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Would trade half these mods and like 20 bucks cash for BG1 NPC Project
    StoneSwordsStradlin
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Avenel said:

Is there any update on the Kivan mod? Amn is a very lonely place for my PC without him...

I'll agree with that. Kivan has got to be one of my most favorite mods, and I would like an update on how far along it is.
    AvenelAvengingExile
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    @LiamEsler

Ascension when? :P
  • AvenelAvenel Member Posts: 94
    @SapphireIce101
    Playing the game vanilla without him has been...difficult, to say the least. I had to switch PC's just to be able to justify romancing Rasaad. I am enjoying the new material in EE, but I also think (and this is just my personal opinion) that the Kivan and Xan mods have been so well written and fleshed out that it makes it hard to play the game without all that interaction. Here's hoping the Kivan mod gets done soon.
    SapphireIce101AvengingExile
  • SassyGoldElfSassyGoldElf Member Posts: 73
    You had me at "Edwin Romance".
    booinyoureyesEudaemonium

You had me at "Edwin Romance".

Never played that one, and I'm so interested to see how a romantic Edwin would ever look... also Edwina must be quite the... experience.
    Also need to try out Xan, I hear nothing but good things.
    The modding community in Baldur's Gate is so amazing. So much creativity and inspiration around one incredible rpg.
    @booinyoureyes Some parts I might have handled a tad bit different, but overall it's enjoyable. It was a bit wordy and silly in parts, but in a way it kind of has to be. As far as a romantic Edwin, it's very clear that the writer worked off of his general mannerisms during the Viconia and Mazzy canon flirts. It basically takes the route of all his posturing being a tiny bit of a front, and that a lot of it was necessary just to survive in Thay. You have to walk a fine line because he's so easy to piss off, too.
    Oh, and the Edwina section is just adorable! It's worth keeping the thing installed for a male playthrough just for the flirts she tossed in there.

....I think I just wrote a review by accident. *wanders off*
    booinyoureyes

@booinyoureyes Some parts I might have handled a tad bit different, but overall it's enjoyable. It was a bit wordy and silly in parts, but in a way it kind of has to be. As far as a romantic Edwin, it's very clear that the writer worked off of his general mannerisms during the Viconia and Mazzy canon flirts. It basically takes the route of all his posturing being a tiny bit of a front, and that a lot of it was necessary just to survive in Thay. You have to walk a fine line because he's so easy to piss off, too.
    Oh, and the Edwina section is just adorable! It's worth keeping the thing installed for a male playthrough just for the flirts she tossed in there.

....I think I just wrote a review by accident. *wanders off*

No, thank you so much for your input! Out of interest, were the first two lines in reference to the Xan mod?
    @booinyoureyes Oh no, the whole thing was about the Edwin Romance lol. When I said "as far as" I just meant characterization.
    I've never played the Xan mod but I plan to soon. I really was sad he didn't make the canon cut. :(
    booinyoureyes

I've never played the Xan mod but I plan to soon. I really was sad he didn't make the canon cut. :(

He told you he was doomed, but you didn't believe him :p
    SassyGoldElfSyntia13lolien
  • KilmantorKilmantor Member Posts: 34

What about the Tactics mod? anyone know when it will be compatible with Enhanced Edition? I don't play vanilla BG2 anymore, too easy.

I'm also hoping for the Tactics mod but i think noone is working on that right now. SCS (Stratagems) also is a good solution as it uses many parts of Tactics. SCS is broken after the last patch but someone is already working on that so just wait for a few days.

If you want Items from BG1, maybe just use the Shadowkeeper (DL was linked some pages before) - it contains most of the BG1 item content.
    Sivar
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    Kilmantor said:

I'm also hoping for the Tactics mod but i think noone is working on that right now. SCS (Stratagems) also is a good solution as it uses many parts of Tactics. SCS is broken after the last patch but someone is already working on that so just wait for a few days.

If you want Items from BG1, maybe just use the Shadowkeeper (DL was linked some pages before) - it contains most of the BG1 item content.
    Out of curiosity, what about SCS is broken at the moment?
    edited November 2013

I don't know whats exactly broken but a new game doesn't start with SCS installed
    DavidW said:

Yep, I can reproduce - incompatibility with the new patch. As a workaround, delete ar0602.bcs from your override. I'll try to upload a new version tomorrow.

Some components of SCS are broken or "installed with warnings (i.e. more intelligent Illithids, Sahuagin, Githyanki).

Edit: I just saw new version 28 is out so maybe it's alredy fixed.
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Kilmantor said:

I don't know whats exactly broken but a new game doesn't start with SCS installed

Some components of SCS are broken or "installed with warnings (i.e. more intelligent Illithids, Sahuagin, Githyanki).

Yes. (Though I wasn't getting those warning messages even on version 27 so that may be a compatibility issue with other mods.)
    DavidW said:

Kilmantor said:

Yes. (Though I wasn't getting those warning messages even on version 27 so that may be a compatibility issue with other mods.)
    Thanks! No more vanilla-walkthrough! ;)

• SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    @Avenel - I know. I felt like Kivan was one of the best mods that I've ever played, so I'm kind of sad that I have to hold off on the charname that usually romances him. As for Xan, hes definitely in my top four with Kivan, Arath, and Adrian. Just need Kivan now. :D
    AvengingExile
  • IliadIliad Member Posts: 3
    Still nothing to remove the XP Cap?
  • kaldgordkaldgord Member Posts: 29
    Is the BG2 tweak pack compatible with BG2 EE ? Was wondering if it works and if it is worth a try.
This discussion has been closed.