Skip to content

BGII:EE Compatible Mod List

Comments

• DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    @kaldgord: mostly, some things do not work yet. so far, what I've noticed: BG1 weapon styles breaks item descriptions, and the romance cheats do not affect new npcs.
  • So_LoWSo_LoW Member Posts: 62
    kaldgord said:

Is the BG2 tweak pack compatible with BG2 EE ? Was wondering if it works and if it is worth a try.

Yup it is.

Any1 using YasraenaNPC is experiencing her being damaged by something? 3 hits for 1,2,3 dmg, now its 3 hits for 5 dmg :/ Any1 knows what is causing this?
  • AsherDantaisAsherDantais Member Posts: 9
    It has something to do with Fireflower. When you equip it, she gets damaged. Same when she has it equipped and you load up a game. I ditch it after a short time anyways, and don't have the problem again.
  • kaldgordkaldgord Member Posts: 29
    Thanks for the answers, nice to know :)
    Just another thing that came to mind, is the unfinished business for BG2 compatible with the EE aswell ?
  • XellosXellos Member Posts: 16
    @Iliad - the tweak pack has an XP cap remover. It claims to have installed correctly, though I guess we'll see when I hit the cap if it worked or not.
  • rathe101rathe101 Member Posts: 61
    Any word on level 1 NPC? Or did I just miss it on the list?
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    edited November 2013
    I realize every player and his dog has their own pet mods they would love to see but I'm putting in requests for:
    - Ascension (I see it on the list already, this makes me happy =D)
    - Tactics/Deeper Shadows of Amn
    - Tower of Deception
    - Vecna

- b!tweak or Ashes of Embers
    - Full Plate and Packing Steel
    whenever you get the chance ^.^

my recent playthroughs have brought to light just how bored I am with the vanilla combat and SCS just isn't cutting it on its own
  • So_LoWSo_LoW Member Posts: 62
    rathe101 said:

Any word on level 1 NPC? Or did I just miss it on the list?

I tried it yday but there is some error during install, something about wrong game which prevents any component to install :( we have to wait

It has something to do with Fireflower. When you equip it, she gets damaged. Same when she has it equipped and you load up a game. I ditch it after a short time anyways, and don't have the problem again.

ty for info. Imma check it in dltecep maybe I find the cause of this :)
  • AsherDantaisAsherDantais Member Posts: 9
    Not a problem. ^.^
  • wubastardwubastard Member Posts: 1
    is Infinity Engine required to use these mods?
  • harticus33harticus33 Member Posts: 23
    Hey team! First off thanks for all of the work that y'all do, love bg with mods in general! Quick questions, I love mages, and spell revisions made my last playthrough SO much better. I've read that its not 'compatible' with bg 2 ee. Does that mean crashes, like don't don't install it for real? Or like it might not modify all of the spells. Just curious, since I am currently playing through bg 1 ee and by the time I get to 2 I would love a spell revisions mod. Thanks for any info!
  • ManweTheValarManweTheValar Member Posts: 1
    I'm having a bit to trouble with the install in your list. I can load my previous games, but when I try to start a new game it crashes? Any idea's as to why?
  • DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
    To help with the list - http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25241/adalon-s-blood-now-bgii-ee-compatible is not there at the moment, and it is compatible.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    wubastard said:

Yes. :D

• RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    Anyone know if BG2tweaks is going to be updated to include the new content for BG2 EE like the new NPCs etc in the NPC tweaks and multiple romance tweaks?

Also i think the Unfinished Business mod added npc portraits to some of the named npcs like Xzar etc which don't work atm cause the pictures are not in the right size i think. i tried to find them in the folders but can't find them. hoping it will be updated too

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Ryofu said:

Anyone know if BG2tweaks is going to be updated to include the new content for BG2 EE like the new NPCs etc in the NPC tweaks and multiple romance tweaks?

Also i think the Unfinished Business mod added npc portraits to some of the named npcs like Xzar etc which don't work atm cause the pictures are not in the right size i think. i tried to find them in the folders but can't find them. hoping it will be updated too

This feature is one I always enjoyed. It made immersion so much better. I'd even want some smaller portraits for other characters, like Garren Windspear, Renal Bloodscalp, Maevar, etc
  • kaldgordkaldgord Member Posts: 29
    So I can go ahead and install the unfinished business for BG2 EE without worries ?
    I haven't found guides of sort for preparing the game, so I assume i don't have to go tweak anything like i did for BGEE...or should I use the same guide to make mods to work with BG EE ?
  • WigginnsWigginns Member Posts: 18

I'm having a bit to trouble with the install in your list. I can load my previous games, but when I try to start a new game it crashes? Any idea's as to why?

Many mods are recommended to be installed before starting a playthrough as several of them make very large changes and trying to load up a playthrough from before will cause corrupted data etc.
  • WigginnsWigginns Member Posts: 18
    wubastard said:

@wubastard It is required but it is what the game runs on. Just install and you "have" Infinity Engine.
  • AkuroAkuro Member Posts: 93
    edited November 2013

Hey team! First off thanks for all of the work that y'all do, love bg with mods in general! Quick questions, I love mages, and spell revisions made my last playthrough SO much better. I've read that its not 'compatible' with bg 2 ee. Does that mean crashes, like don't don't install it for real? Or like it might not modify all of the spells. Just curious, since I am currently playing through bg 1 ee and by the time I get to 2 I would love a spell revisions mod. Thanks for any info!

@harticus33

Heya,

I think you might be interested in that post over here:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25919/spell-revisions-compatibility-with-bg2-ee#latest

I absolutely agree with you when it comes to the Spell Revisions mod; the new spells and the idea of "bringing them into balance" is just great and makes the game even more fun!
    I was able to install the mod onto BG2 EE without any major problems, but I don't know if it's compatible in every aspect...

Anyway, according to the author there will be a new version, which will then be compatible to BG2 EE.

Akuro

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Well, nice REALLY nice.

With:
    -Kindrek
    -IEP extended banters
    -unfinshed business
    -bg2 tweakpack
    -RR
    -SCS
    -Item Upgrade
    -Item randomizer

My day is truly shinning.

Now i just want:

-Valen NPC
    -Kido NPC
    -An more decent Wizard Slayer class mod
    -Ascension

And then i will be trully satisfied.

@Solaufein, any intent of improve Kindrek banters in the game (or kindrek's threat to other players, specifically if they're spellcasters)? Cos i really like this mod, but it is a bit silenced.

@LiamEster, Is Weimer in activity again or is someone updating the Weidu.org for him? Any chance of see an improved Valen mod in the future?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    kamuizin said:

@Solaufein, any intent of improve Kindrek banters in the game (or kindrek's threat to other players, specifically if they're spellcasters)? Cos i really like this mod, but it is a bit silenced.

@LiamEster, Is Weimer in activity again or is someone updating the Weidu.org for him? Any chance of see an improved Valen mod in the future?

@Solaufein_CoM
    @LiamEsler
    Both of you have been summoned by @kamuizin.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @kamuizin I can't see Weimer returning, no, and there's nobody working on updating his mods as far as I'm aware.
  • WorgWorg Member Posts: 170
    Just finished Tales of the deep gardens for the first time. Pretty darn good mod.
  • FuineFuine Member Posts: 40
    edited November 2013
    I put Adalon's Blood to google spreadsheet.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApOxBTzo7fj5dFlzNTEzb1QxdlBtSWxHb2FDTlprelE&usp=drive_web#gid=0
    But of course I dont know its load order.

And also will Baldur's Gate II Fixpack be updated?
  • harticus33harticus33 Member Posts: 23
    Thanks Akuro!
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    edited November 2013
    Adalon's Blood added to post

@Fuine The BGII Fixpack is deprecated, since it's fixes are already in BGII:EE :)
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    b!tweak and Full Plate installed without error so I'm going ahead and using them in my next playthrough.
  • SivarSivar Member Posts: 53

What about the Tactics mod? anyone know when it will be compatible with Enhanced Edition? I don't play vanilla BG2 anymore, too easy.

And anyone found a way to still get items imported from Bg1?

I hope Tactics is updated, though Wes Weimer is pretty busy with his responsibilities as a professor and researcher.
    SCS is a fine mod, but Tactics adds surprisingly high-quality content in addition to added challenge.
This discussion has been closed.