Skip to content

Black screen except for tool bars

MrBrownnnMrBrownnn Member Posts: 2
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
I downloaded the game last night to my dell desktop, from everything I can see it meets all the requirments(it's a rather new comp). The game loads fine, creates characters fine, but once the game starts, the screen is completely black. I can see the text that irenicus is saying, and once imoen talks to me the character bar on the right, invetory/map buttons on the left, and command bar on the bottom all come up, but the middle of the screen is completely black.

I tried ToB and it was the exact same thing but I could see the rain in the bottom of the screen between the bottom command bar and the left and right bars(the small section at the bottom).

So I think it has to be some kind of graphics issue but I don't know how to fix it.

Can someone please help me.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• MrBrownnnMrBrownnn Member Posts: 2
    For some reason it looks like this posted in BG EE, so to be clear I am talking about BG2 EE
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @MrBrownnn, is this still an issue for you? If so, there are few questions:
    • What version of BG2:EE are you currently using?
    • What operating system are you using?
    • What hardware are you running?
    • Are you using VMWare or other virtualisation software?
    • Have you tried setting the OpenGL version to 1 or 0 in the INI file?
    • Are you using any compatibility or DPI modes from a previous version of BG2:EE?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Moving to Not An Issue due to the length of time this topic has been inactive. If you continue to experience this issue, please post in regards to the questions above and we will resume the investigation into the problem.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Gate70 said:

& in ToB does pressing the M key twice help?

That what happens in ToB is weird, but you open up a window in-game (inventory screen) and it's gone (?).