Skip to content

Deleting Pre-Generated Characters

Is there any way to remove the pre-generated characters like Abdel, Halen and Adelia in BG:EE and BG2:EE? I've tried looking for their character files (01FIGHT) but no luck...

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Just create another character and name the character file 01FIGHT. That way, you're able to overwrite Abdel. Same is true for the other pre-generated characters.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    That's not the problem - the pre-generated characters are really cluttering up the menu and I want to get rid of them altogether. Overwriting them places files in the "characters" folder but if I delete them the old ones come back...
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I've been wanting to delete them too. I'm using the rename solution as well, but I'd rather be able to remove them entirely and keep a shorter list.
    I've found a way to do it - by deleting the .CHR files from MISC.BIF using Near Infinity. It'll probably undo itself with the next patch, but I figure I can just keep deleting them each time...
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
    Wow, talk about thread necromancy...

You have to have an override folder in the game directory. When you start up Near Infinity, go to MISC.BIF and you'll see the character files (01FIGHT, etc.). Transfer them over, then go to the override folder and manually delete them.

Be warned, if you don't have at least one character saved (yours or pregenerated), the game will crash. So create/export your character, then delete the pregenerated ones.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    edited September 2015
    Hey @shawne

When you say go into MISC.BIF, how do you do this? I can edit MISC.BIF but see no .CHR files in there. Like @Yulaw9460 , I can see the CHAR folder with 6 files on the left, but they are grayed out. How did you exactly transfer them from MISC.BIF to your Override folder?

Edit: Perhaps it changed with a recent patch... instead of MISC.BIF, I found 4 of the 6 pregenerated characters in CHAR.BIF... Still looking for the paladin and bard char files tho, they were strangely absent.

Edit #2: Found the other 2 chars in IWDEE.BIF :smile: Deleted all 6, and now I don't get pre-gen chars in the new game screen, except as the sample party.
    Post edited by HaHaCharade on
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
    shawne said:

Be warned, if you don't have at least one character saved (yours or pregenerated), the game will crash. So create/export your character, then delete the pregenerated ones.

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Hello, necro!