1. Sarevok Vs. Irenicus347 votes
    1. Sarevok
      40.35%
    2. Irenicus
      59.65%

Comments

• AlderonAlderon Member Posts: 53
    edited August 2012
    In a 'barfight?' Sarevok, no question at all. But depending on the circumstances and environment, Irenicus could certainly give Sarevok a nasty time.
  • XezmeraudeXezmeraude Member Posts: 91
    Shouldnt be a poll on this. It will lead to flaming whose the better of the two. Both have their pros and cons for each stories antagonists. I vote both of them equally. Ones a Former Elfen Highmage, the other a Fallen Deathbringer. Two completely different styles of combat they have but both have their uses in certain situations. I agree with Alderon on the part they both have their uses. But in general. Ill pick Sarevok since I perfer fighter like classes.
  • NostalgiaNostalgia Member Posts: 14
    Have u seen Icenicus blast away those fledgling mages? Sheesh he would blow Sarevok out the water!

Now if were taking fist fight then yes ofc Sarevok would win. Punch dead.
  • kjiflrfkjiflrf Member Posts: 31
    sarevok is Bhaal child and Irenicus just mad mage... ofc sarevok will win
  • RenshtalisRenshtalis Member Posts: 136
    Sarevok, by the end of ToB, he would bead ten shades of the brown out of Irenicus! he was baaaaaaaaad arze!!!
  • ArmanciaArmancia Member Posts: 243
    I prefer Sarevok, but Irenicus will win at same level
  • P0dbiP0dbi Member Posts: 19
    Sarevok would beat Irenicus to the death with his fists before mage could cast single spell.
  • JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157
    "Irenicus' magic is, like Irenicus himself, elven in origin. The extent of Irenicus' magical ability is so great that he ranks among the most powerful wizards in all of Faerûn, rivaling mages such as Elminster Aumar and Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun. In combat, Irenicus is decisive and overwhelmingly potent, usually eliminating opponents with only a single spell at a time. Irenicus is clearly able to cast spells of the ninth level or even beyond, and often disintegrates or detonates enemies in an instant—a display of his power is given in Waukeen's Promenade, where he dispatches several assailants with his powerful magics. Irenicus commands some spells that are not even available to the Player Character and his or her party, a notable example being Rapture of the Father, a death spell that appears to be able to instantly kill six enemies with no regard to magic resistance or saving throws, and a cloning spell with which he clones the main character and his friends to keep them occupied while he makes his escape."

/end
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Sarevok pre-TotSC - Immune to magic ;)
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Sarevok literally cannot be harmed by magic, leaving Irenicus no way to hurt him.
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    Only one of these managed to crawl back out of death and banishment in hell...
  • WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    Linear warrior, quadratic wizard... Can I say Timestop? Summon Skeleton? Gate?
  • beerflavourbeerflavour Member Posts: 117
    Well. What about the circumstances? Are both dead drunk?
  • raclariuraclariu Member Posts: 56
    edited August 2012
    Sarevok with his deathbringer assault special attack (200dmg) will chop off Irenicus's head before he even have time to channel a spell.
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    This is a very hard poll, not who would win as I'am not comparing their power but, the one I liked the most.
  • SarevokokSarevokok Member Posts: 171
    "In a bar fight." Implying a fist fight, a flimsy mage or a big meaty dude?
  • drakerddrakerd Member Posts: 23
    I'm going to have to say Irenicus. He is a very precise villian who thinks ahead and always has a plan. Plus with all of the spells he has at his disposal he would easily outmatch Sarevok. Now, I think Sarevok is an amazing bad guy, but he just doesn't have the tools to properly match Irenecus. With contingencies, spell triggers, forethought Sarevok would not be able to get up on Irenecus. Of course, I am a little bias as I personally like Mages over Fighter types :)
  • seekaseeka Member Posts: 53
    I'm with @drakerd. Irenicus was a crafty one.
  • irenicus1992irenicus1992 Member Posts: 12
    Of course Irenicus :D He is much more than "just mage" He was the most powerful elven mage and then he become even more powerful. He would only need time stop and for example squalid decrepitude abi-dalizm spell or cold cone to kill Sarevok even before he approach to him :) For me - he rocks :)
  • e3r4t5yne3r4t5yn Member Posts: 42
    Irenicus is a mage. How can mage loose to simple fighter???
  • KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    In 2nd edition mages just outpower pretty much every other class as they lvl up. So Id imagine Irenicus would win this fight.
  • LediathLediath Member Posts: 125
    Wow almost even split :)
    I thought it would be much more heavily tilted towards Irenicus
  • MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203
    Irenicus may be dangerously powerful mage, but Sarevok still has God blood, so in barfight, Sarevok would win, but then Irenicus may come back with some friends from Hell.
  • purebredcornpurebredcorn Member Posts: 77
    edited August 2012
    My money is on Sarevok.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Irenicus mostly because I love his voice. I'm surprised David Warner doesn't do more voice work, his voice is awesome.

And in terms of power, Irenicus is undoubtedly far more powerful than Sarevok. I don't think that can even be disputed since they are of vastly different levels, and the PC fights them at different levels.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Irenicus no question.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    if it was who do i hate more, irenicus. Who would win in a fight? Sarevok, no question. BG2, ;you were predictable, and both of your reasons for getting captured, sarevok wouldn't have fallen for. S would unleash an army after Irenicus. S was VERY chrismatic if you'll remember, where was Irenicus was powerful, but trusted no one and isolated himself from them. S would win by sheer numbers and strategy.