Skip to content

Hotfixes, workarounds, and how to activate the console

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    By the way, just wanted to say that fencers aren't buying stolen items anymore, an stolen item can't be sold anywhere atm.
  • brokNbrokN Member Posts: 4
    I have just completed underdark with Aerie, Jaheria, Minsc, imoen and korgan. I come to the surface and all the drow gear disintegrates as normal, but now when i select minsc and jaheria's inventory (who were carrying all my original gear) the game suddenly crashes. I have moved to another area within game, and the same occurs...so now I cannot continue the game as I cannot select either characters at all without the game crashing.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    brokN said:

I have just completed underdark with Aerie, Jaheria, Minsc, imoen and korgan. I come to the surface and all the drow gear disintegrates as normal, but now when i select minsc and jaheria's inventory (who were carrying all my original gear) the game suddenly crashes. I have moved to another area within game, and the same occurs...so now I cannot continue the game as I cannot select either characters at all without the game crashing.

Drop all drow equipment before leaving the Underdark. If you don't have a prior save, kill and resurrect any party member who may have such items.
    Cross finger for one of them to not be main char, otherwise only EE shadow keeper will save your soul :)!
  • SmilgeSmilge Member Posts: 104
    edited November 2013
    kamuizin said:

Cross finger for one of them to not be main char, otherwise only EE shadow keeper will save your soul :)!

It can be done with good timing (Queue up a resurrection spell on the PC, have a party member head for a transition with an auto-save, and kill the PC. If you kill the PC, then resurrect him, then hit the auto-save with good enough timing, you should be able to load the autosave to avoid the endgame cutscene.)
    If that doesn't lead to an major bug in the future... ok, let's do it!
  • quinnskimoquinnskimo Member Posts: 2
    Hi there.

I'm trying to fix Dorn's speaking repetition after the teleporting into the Radiant Heart building by using:

C:SetGlobal("ohd_wedding_impatient","locals",4)

as Jalily posted before but it just doesn't work. Any thoughts on this?
  • XukuthXukuth Member Posts: 78
    Make sure you are moused over Dorn when hitting enter on that line in the console.
  • quinnskimoquinnskimo Member Posts: 2
    Xukuth said:

Make sure you are moused over Dorn when hitting enter on that line in the console.

That was the problem. Thank you very much!
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    kamuizin said:

By the way, just wanted to say that fencers aren't buying stolen items anymore, an stolen item can't be sold anywhere atm.

We've had no other report of this (and at least one saying that fences work). Is there a specific fence that should buy stolen goods but doesn't, @kamuizin ?

There are a couple workarounds for issues in Rasaad's ToB quest:
    1) If you get persistent effects lingering on your characters because of e.g. a Darkness spell, use Dispel Magic or ctrl+R to clear it
    2) If the ending dialogue for the Wheel of Obliteration won't trigger, make sure you're a good distance from the portal when using the Wheel to ensure Alorgoth has time to respond
    The fencer at the bottom right part of the slumms (in diagonal corner of copper coronet), there's a thief that isn't buying stolen goods in my game.

The Mae'var storekeep didn't brought my stolen items also (but i already killed him with mar'var).

The fencer at the docks, near mook also isn't buying stolen goods.

The shadow thief storekeeper inside their building also didn't brought my stolen items.

I didn't tryied the other fencers atm (listed below) but i can if you want.

- The fencer inside the sewers of the temple district.
    - The fencer near the temple of Ilmater on the Slums in the roof of copper coronet.
    - the fencer in the bridge district near neb.
    - the guy in Umar hills from the quest of the human skin (i believe he buy stolen goods)
    - I'm almost certain that exist one fencer in the Trademeet but i don't remember atm, i can search him anyway.

I'm almost sure my game is blocked to sell stolen goods but i can't know for sure @Miloch
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Is there currently a workaround for number #7141 of the bugtracker list?

I just ran into Gegardan who turns Edwina back into a man... only to dreadfully witness that Edwin uses the Nether Scroll (again) and turns back into Edwina on his own accord. Now she's unselectable, her inventory grayed out, and now I feel like Xan on a bloody Monday morning. :(
    Well, he liked to be a female as we can see :)! He got a bit touched with the drag queen scroll anyway.
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    edited November 2013
    AFAIK, fences that worked in BG2 should work in BG2EE. Do you have mods installed, @kamuizin - anything in your WeiDU.log?

Edit: Though I'm not so sure if everyone you mentioned was actually a fence... it would help to have the actual storekeep names and you might want to test those others also.
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    edited November 2013
    @kamuizin most of the merchants that you mention are not fences in the original game.

They were changed into fences by Rogue Rebalancing.
  • MosterannMosterann Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Jalily said:

While we're working on getting another patch out, here are workarounds for some of the issues that have been found. To use most of these, you must first activate debug mode by ensuring that your Baldur.ini file contains this line:

'Program Options',	'Debug Mode',	'1',
    To open the console in the game, press Ctrl+Space.

Problem: After exiting the Underdark, attempting to open a character's Inventory or Record page crashes the game.
    Drop all drow equipment before leaving the Underdark. If you don't have a prior save, kill and resurrect any party member who may have such items.
    Problem: After teleporting you into the Radiant Heart building, Dorn repeats his selection sounds nonstop.
    C:SetGlobal("ohd_wedding_impatient","locals",4)
    This doesn't fix my problem. Any other known work arounds? Im running on win7 64bit service pack 1 via steam.

Computer specs:
    Intel i7-2600k 3.40GHz
    8 GB RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 6950

I'm also using dual monitors.

My problem:

After a few days Dorn will start his conversation where he either leaves or forces you to go to the radiantheart compound. If I try to "stall" him he will only ask again instantly thus forcing me to either kick him or go along with his quest.
    When I accept his quest and go to the radiantheart compound he will start repeating his selection sounds. I can't save, pause or remove him from the party. The only thing left to do is kill him I guess.

Is there any known workarounds for this?
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Jalily said:

Problem: Hexxat's first lovetalk is taking forever to start.

C:SetGlobal("HexxatLovetalksTimer","GLOBAL",1) 
    The first talk is meant to fire 90 real-time minutes after you recruit her. Your PC must be female, and you must not be in a dungeon area or Chapter 5.
    When you say you must not be in chapter 5... I hope you don't mean that the romance just won't work if you're at or past that point? I input your command fix and sure enough when I reached the surface (I was in the Underdark) Hexxat had her first talk with me, which was awkward since we'd already saved Imoen at that point and she knew what was up.

Anyway. She should continue triggering from here right? Or does starting it that late in the game ruin her dialogue progression?
    Do you devs have a list of whom is a fencer in the game atm? Cos all of the list i mentioned by roleplay terms asume or mention that deal with stolen merchandise.
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    edited November 2013
    I think the only mainland fences are stores directly connected with the shadow thieves?
    and possibly someone in trademeet, i haven't checked the code on that in a while

sort of counter-intuitive that someone who goes by 'Roger the Fence' doesn't buy your stolen goods but there you go, good reason to make a mod for it :P

on the plus side it looks like Rogue Rebalancing is now supported thanks to the devs' hard work so you can get your fences back, no trouble ^^
    Aranneas said:

I think the only mainland fences are stores directly connected with the shadow thieves?
    and possibly someone in trademeet, i haven't checked the code on that in a while

sort of counter-intuitive that someone who goes by 'Roger the Fence' doesn't buy your stolen goods but there you go, good reason to make a mod for it :P

Not a mod in fact, but an update in the vanilla game, mechanic behaviors don't fall in the "old content" category.
    I'm confused and having difficulty following your sentence structure. Rogue Rebalancing is a mod, which does exactly what you're describing.
  • KastianKastian Member Posts: 30
    @lordrumfish although i'm not one hundred percent, i think romance talks (atleast vanilla ones) have a cut off point of not progressing naturally at all after the underdark, and you would need to advance each talk manually, however that it triggered the moment you reached the surface may indicate that one, i am simply wrong, or two the new romances are scripted slightly differently.
    Aranneas said:

I'm confused and having difficulty following your sentence structure. Rogue Rebalancing is a mod, which does exactly what you're describing.

Yes RR is a mod, but make fencers buy stolen goods isn't something to be left to mods, it's a bug in the system that deserve a vanilla fix.
    It's not a bug. If anything it was an oversight in the original game, but I'm not entirely convinced that's even the case.

The dearth of available fences always gave me the impression that the Shadow Thieves were putting the squeeze on all black market trade; basically, all these people who theoretically trade in illegal goods simply aren't willing to do it with you, because you're a newcomer to the region, unknown and untrusted. Shadow Thieves themselves have no fear in trading with you because they know they have the backing of their guild should anything go wrong. I thought it was a good thematic touch, certainly not something Beamdog needs to address in their own version of the game when there's a functional mod available that fixes the situation for those who feel the need to have it fixed.
  • rabelzrabelz Member Posts: 3
    I keep having a problem where after nearly every battle in the Black Pits II, my game crashes. It's like a 50/50 crap shoot on whether or not it's crashing. First time it happened was on the drow.
    You see that anyone with guts can buy stolen things, no? Anyway if they don't buy stolen things they wouldn't mention that in their banters as most of them do and even more, give an option to the character directly ask if the goods are from stolen sources (what they indirectly confirmate).

So call it a bug, a glitch, a mistake, an lazyness of the devs, but it's something out of order, and in need of vanilla adaption, not a mod.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Kastian said:

@lordrumfish although i'm not one hundred percent, i think romance talks (atleast vanilla ones) have a cut off point of not progressing naturally at all after the underdark, and you would need to advance each talk manually, however that it triggered the moment you reached the surface may indicate that one, i am simply wrong, or two the new romances are scripted slightly differently.

@Jalily is this true? Will I have to figure out how to advance it manually (not really wanting to restart at this point) or will it trigger normally?

Kastian said:

@Jalily is this true? Will I have to figure out how to advance it manually (not really wanting to restart at this point) or will it trigger normally?
    In fact it's not from everything i know, the only consequence possible in SoA is the possibility that you don't finish all the romance before reach ToB, still ToB romance part will happen normally if you're at level 2 in NpcRomanceActive.

The only cut i know for romances are wrong banter choices and convergence point between 2 romances, where you have to choice one of the active romances.
    Akachi said:

Is there a code for the Slayer ability dream? I got two of them, where I attack party members,, but the one where I learn to control it is not happenning.

Second this one, Slayer change become a one time charge in BG2 EE, use it once and you lost it forever.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Folks, keep in mind this thread is NOT for bug reports. It's for reporting work arounds to identified / reported bugs.

No offence, but no one is looking at this thread for bug reports. If you have a new bug, please follow the procedure in "The Consolidated Reported Issues Thread" at announced at the top of the forum.

Basically:

1) Verify your bug is not listed in the Consolidated Reported Issues Thread
    2) Open a new thread and give as much information about re-producing your bug as possible.
    3) Attach a Saved Game if possible (any game related bug should have a saved game attached).
    4) Monitor your Thread for Questions and Updates.

Thanks in advance.