Skip to content

#7137 [DORN] - Cespenar BUG

ExtasicExtasic Member Posts: 4
edited December 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
When i go to the Pocket Plane and try to talk to cespenar all he does is say the "ooo! shiny ones!" line and nothing happenes, no conversation window no nothing.
I tried talking to him with other party members and it workes but he won't talk to anyone but the main character.
Anyone have this issue?
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• SheveSheve Member Posts: 3
    Getting the exact same thing.
  • SmilgeSmilge Member Posts: 104
    I did a playthrough from SoA and cespenar didn't have any problems. How far along in ToB are you? Did he talk to you before and now he won't, or have you not been able to talk to him for the whole game?
  • ExtasicExtasic Member Posts: 4
    @Gate70 there ya go, i hope you can figure this out.
    Yeah I'll do the rest myself, thank you! :D
    Yup, no mods whatsoever.
  • EleassarEleassar Member Posts: 11
    I had the same issue and I think it began after Cespenar had crafted the shadowdragonarmor(unmodded game). Unfortunately I don't have my saves any more.
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    the shadowdragon armor was also the last thing i created
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Gate70, it's definitely a bug. #7137

@Eleassar, thanks for the information, I can replicate it with the Shadow Dragon Scale.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    @Smilge thank you for this. Fixed the issue with that CLUA code <3
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    Ok Im computer illiterate and i too am unfortunatly a victim of this bug, I dont understand what i need to do to fix it, what files do i open and what text to i alter/add to fix it?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862

Ok Im computer illiterate and i too am unfortunatly a victim of this bug, I dont understand what i need to do to fix it, what files do i open and what text to i alter/add to fix it?

You don't need to change any files, just open the cheat console while in game (ctrl-space), and type in the line mentioned above.
  • RoananRoanan Member Posts: 18
    edited December 2013
    I took the
    Shadow Dragon scales from Alorgoth's lackey
    but when I took it to the Pocket Plane to have Cespenar craft with it, he stopped working right after the created item appeared in my inventory. Instead of saying "Enjoy!" and such, he simply breaks off the conversation. Clicking on him triggers his sound bites, but an actual dialogue does not open, rendering him useless thereafter.

Other notes:

- Found out this also happens with the normal version of said item created with
    ("SCALEB").

- Console-ing his creature code ("BOTSMITH") after the bug creates an identically bugged Cespenar.

- Saving and reloading after the bug does not fix it, but going back to before the item is crafted works fine.

- Crafting Vanilla items (I did Runehammer & Staff of the Ram) right before the bug did not glitch Cespenar.

- Resting, Using Ctrl+R on Cespenar, or Leaving the plane and returning do not fix the bug.

- You guys are awesome.
    Post edited by Avenger_teambg on
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Check the workaround for known problems thread ;)
  • RoananRoanan Member Posts: 18
    edited December 2013
    @Aranthys Already did and it wasn't there, or else I wouldn't have posted.

EDIT: Scrounged around some more, and it was mistakenly sent to the "Not an Issue" thread. Found here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25003/cespenar-bug. It is indeed a bug, but can be fixed via CLUAConsole: SetGlobal("ItemMaker", "GLOBAL", 0).
  • tgoretgore Member Posts: 7
    On a MAC and just tried the workaround in the console mode and Cespenar still not talking. Get the message "lua: call expression not a function"
    Active Stack:
    Active Stack:

Any help would be appreciated.
  • tgoretgore Member Posts: 7
    OK - new at the modding. ***Be Sure To Put CLUAConsole: Before Any Commands***

I will now shuffle off embarrassed.....
  • SplasHSplasH Member Posts: 3
    Got the same bug. Thankfully, I q-saved before talking to Cespenar. Guess i'll just drop this armor for now.
  • NaastriilNaastriil Member Posts: 60
    It worked for me as well
    Thanks!
  • odschneiderodschneider Member Posts: 2
    I'm playing in multiplayer and I tried the CLUA fix but it didn't work for me. Any ideas?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @odschneider try with C:SetGlobal("ItemMaker","GLOBAL",0)
  • odschneiderodschneider Member Posts: 2
    Thanks CrevsDaak, but I'm still just getting "ooo! shiny ones!"
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Just run into the same issue, when asking Cespenar to make the Shadow Dragon Scale.

However, in spite of the detailed explanation of the faulty mechanism from @Smilge above (which implies that this issue ought to arise with either of the two new scale armors), I had previously had Cespenar make the Silver Dragon Scale and it *didn't* bug him out - he only bugs out when he makes the Shadow Dragon Scale.
  • bernardchubernardchu Member Posts: 44
    Just get EEKeeper and edit your savegame.

Under Global Variables Tab, there is a variable called Itemmaker.
    Those of you with Caspenar won't talk bug, the variable set as -1.
    All you have to do is change that value to 0.

That should take care of the problem.