Skip to content

What parts of Baldur's Gate 1 are non-canon?

124»

Comments

• AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129

Screw this, the damn BOOK isn't canon. My playthroughs are cannon. Your playthroughs are canon.
    Canon in the eye of the beholder... minus the whole turn into a statue thing

Almost got it right there. "The ONE TRUE CANON CHARNAME is a Beholder" is canon.

Why would anyone play as anything else? Like to see Viekang try and shank that Bhaalspawn :)image
    charname is gonna have some trouble getting through doorways.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

Can't he just vaporize them with his beholder gaze?
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747

Screw this, the damn BOOK isn't canon. My playthroughs are cannon. Your playthroughs are canon.
    Canon in the eye of the beholder... minus the whole turn into a statue thing

Almost got it right there. "The ONE TRUE CANON CHARNAME is a Beholder" is canon.

Why would anyone play as anything else? Like to see Viekang try and shank that Bhaalspawn :)image
    C͜a̕ń͠'̵̡t̷̕͠ ̸͠c̢o̧͞nf̸̧i̡̢r͏m̕͝͡ ҉͝t͏̧h̶̢a͘t̨͟.̧͝ ̵̧DĮSÍ̴̕NT͏͢E̷̡͏Ǵ̨R͟͡A̶͡͝T̶IO̷N͞.̷͏

• NaveenNaveen Member Posts: 81
    edited November 2013

4) How many guards & Flaming Fist does Baldur's Gate have? I've read they have 300 Flaming Fist but also read somewhere that it's more towards thousands.

Don' know about the books, but 'Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast' (1994) says this:

Not only are the members of the watch vigilant, enthusiastic, wise, and observant, but the Flaming Fist Mercenary Company, over a thousand strong, is based in the city. Every tenth person or so is a member or a watch agent (well, spy) of the Fist, skilled in battle and within a breath or two of numerous armed allies.