Skip to content

Report BG2 Game Text Errors Here

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2014
    Apparently the ogre shapeshift form (spwi494) in bg2ee does 4d6 damage but the description says it does 1d10. Likewise in BGEE it does 2d4 damage but the description says it does 1d10.

Also despite its description (in both games) the mustard jelly form (spwi496) certainly does not have immunity to weapons with an enchantment of +2 or less (or less than +2 for that matter).
    edited May 2014
    Human Flesh +5 gives a +20 move silently bonus (in Near Infinity its called a "stealth bonus" but it only benefits Move Silently from what I can see). This isn't mentioned in its description but it does actually give this.
    Post edited by elminster on
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    elminster said:

(in Near Infinity its called a "stealth bonus" but it only benefits Move Silently from what I can see).

Sounds like you could use an update to NI. My version says "move silently bonus".
    The spell description of the Fire/Earth Elemental Transformation high level abilities says that the duration of the transformation is one hour. The transformations are actually permanent until you choose to shift back into natural form.
    Neither version of the Helm of the Rock mentions its critical hit prevention.
    edited May 2014
    The Serpeant Shaft's poison actually lasts for two rounds, not one.
    edited May 2014

If I am not mistaken, Charname's response here should be "What worked?!" instead of "What didn't work?!"

Edit: Yeah The very next line contains "the rope didn't work!" I am assuming someone had a brain fart when typing this.
    Post edited by Tresset on
    Timestop has a really confusing description:

"Upon casting a Time Stop spell, the wizard causes the flow of time to stop for 1 round in the area of effect. Inside the sphere, the caster is free to act for 3 rounds of apparent time..."

Huh? What the heck is that supposed to mean? Why not just say that the spell stops time for 3 rounds? That would be more accurate and it makes more sense.
    The Cone of Cold cast by the White Dragon Scales does 10d4+10 damage as opposed to the listed 10d4 damage.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited May 2014
    Found a little typo in string 102382.

There is:
    We must aid against the enroachment of shadow, CHARNAME. Will you tell us of your efforts, my halfling friend?

Should be:
    We must aid against the encroachment of shadow, CHARNAME. Will you tell us of your efforts, my halfling friend?
    edited June 2014
    Axe of the Unyielding +5 says that it gives 1hp/round regeneration. Its actually 3hp/round.

Edit: Derp. I just realized Tresset already wrote this on page one!
    Improved Mantle says that it "confers complete invulnerability to all weapons of +4 or lower enchantment."

This is incorrect. It doesn't protect against +4 weapons.
    edited June 2014
    The description for the Elixir of Health in both games fails to mention that it cures diseases as well as poisons.
    Elemental Summoning says that there is a 10% chance of an elemental prince being summoned. It would be more accurate to say that there is a 31% chance of one of them being summoned (approximately 10% for each individual prince).
    The Shadowdancer HLA Shadow Twin's description states that it has a duration of 2 turns. The actual duration is 1 turn.
    He tortured and experimented on Imoen and me. He will pay for our pain a thousand times over with his own.
    (StrRef: 96479)

Proper grammar would be "Imoen and I" not "Imoen and me".
  • AutequiAutequi Member Posts: 403
    Tresset said:

He tortured and experimented on Imoen and me. He will pay for our pain a thousand times over with his own.
    (StrRef: 96479)

Proper grammar would be "Imoen and I" not "Imoen and me".

Actually, "Imoen and me" is correct.

To check for yourself, rewrite the sentence without Imoen in it: "He tortured and experimented on me."
    Not sure if this belongs here, as it's not a game text error per se, but more along the lines of a head scratcher, but when I first met Neera, our dialog went more or less like this:

Neera: Hey there, don't I know you?
    Helena: Nope, ah never seen you before.
    Neera: Oh well, guess it's just 'cause you're so well-known. *ramble*
    Helena: That's um nice, but I really must be going.
    Neera: Before you do, let me just tell you the location of my hidden camp!
    Lady, I told you we just met. Why are you telling me your secrets?

I had a similar issue with Rasaad after I told him we hadn't met before, and then I had to choose a dialog option that implied we had.
    Jaheira, bickering with Korgan after Aran Linvail assigns us guard duty for the weapons shipment:
    "Thank you for you opinion, Korgan...."

Should be "Thank you for your opinion, Korgan...."
  • AlexandreAlexandre Member Posts: 8
    The Flail/Morning Star weapon proficiency is simply listed as Flail on the character sheet.

Two-handed Sword should be Two-Handed Sword.
    Rasaad, taking leadership as the Dark Moon marches on the Twofold Temple: "HEED ME, YOU WHO SEEK THE TWOFOLD TRUTH! If you would see tomorrow dawn, follow me now! ...."

Should be, "If you would see tomorrow's dawn...."
    edited August 2014
    It's a bit old Englishy but I see nothing wrong with it
    I think dawn is used as a verb in that sentence as opposed to a noun so it is correct as is.
    I like that interpretation, but the voice actor says "tomorrow's dawn."
    Web says it lasts for 2 turns/level, but I was checking it out in Near Infinity and the nearest I can tell (based on looking both at the spell and the web.pro file) is that it lasts for one turn regardless of your level.

Either way I doubt a level 20 mages web is lasting for 40 turns (which would be 40 minutes of real world time). If it were I suspect people would have noticed :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited August 2014
    Probably more of a feature request. Since it likely would involve adding in additional items.

Plus who would Viconia worship if she changes her alignment? Shar doesn't have true neutral worshipers and certainly wouldn't have true neutral clerics.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Hexxat's voice says "I have always done well for you L." and not "I have always done well for you."
  • ar0nar0n Member Posts: 14
    My question is easy - the game zooms all the time automatically,
    without me doing anything. Basically it zooms one more step ahead
    each 10 seconds. I do not even have mouse with scrolling. What can I
    do to fix it? How can zooming be disabled or switched off? I didn't
    find the answer on any forum, installing game one more time does not
    help, I have latest drivers and never had this problem with any other
    game before. I tried running the game in various compatibilities (e.g.
    win 95) and it doesnt help. Switching from full screen to the other
    view (alt+enter) and back does not help and I get this problem in both
    combinations.
    edited September 2014
    ar0n said:

My question is easy - the game zooms all the time automatically,
    without me doing anything. Basically it zooms one more step ahead
    each 10 seconds. I do not even have mouse with scrolling. What can I
    do to fix it? How can zooming be disabled or switched off? I didn't
    find the answer on any forum, installing game one more time does not
    help, I have latest drivers and never had this problem with any other
    game before. I tried running the game in various compatibilities (e.g.
    win 95) and it doesnt help. Switching from full screen to the other
    view (alt+enter) and back does not help and I get this problem in both
    combinations.

Not the place for this kind of question. Ask in the general section or elsewhere in the support section.