Skip to content

Most Annoying Thing About the Game So Far...

Having to reposition my characters every time I reload. Single player, multiplayer, doesn't matter, every time I load the game I have to move the character portraits on the right side of the screen to put my tanks in front, wizards in back, etc, etc, etc.

When you die every 2 seconds on a quick save, and have to load again 2 seconds later, only to die again, this becomes exceptionally tedious. Is there no way to actually save the character portrait positions in the party, when you save the game?

This would be a godsend in my opinion.

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Wait, what? Since when did you have to do this? My characters all stay in the same places. =/
  • cervanntescervanntes Member Posts: 64
    I've not encountered this either. Everything is working fine with my save games.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Yeah, definitely not supposed to happen.
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    Being killed by mages and soldiers of amn cuz a commoner wondered into my fight against a church for stealing an idle of some sort
    To be fair my charname is a sadistic basterd and killed like three hookers in the bridge district beforehand
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    @Rajick what the hell are you talking about.
    How annoying it is to be having a good old time killing clergy and having commoners wonder into the blast zone of a fireball
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    Shin said:

Yeah, definitely not supposed to happen.

The only reason you'd have to do this is if you didn't save/quicksave the game after rearranging.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Aye, but it sounds like @Varwulf is saving frequently without the positioning carrying over.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    Shin said:

Aye, but it sounds like @Varwulf is saving frequently without the positioning carrying over.

Exactly, and this happens in BG1EE as well as BG2EE. It's been happening since I've started playing the EE versions of these games, but only now is it becoming evidently annoying as all hell.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    this is very strange, and it hasn't happened to me in all the time since BG1EE release. any mods? specs? I don't know what could honestly be wrong. right now I have me and jaheira in front, minsc and viconia following, backed by aerie and neera, in that exact order and it doesn't change. I can be sure of that as many times I reloaded on torgal and shade lord because of SCS.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Never had this happen. Are you running any mods? Maybe worth raising this as an official bug report.
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    Varwulf said:

Having to reposition my characters every time I reload. Single player, multiplayer, doesn't matter, every time I load the game I have to move the character portraits on the right side of the screen to put my tanks in front, wizards in back, etc, etc, etc.

When you die every 2 seconds on a quick save, and have to load again 2 seconds later, only to die again, this becomes exceptionally tedious. Is there no way to actually save the character portrait positions in the party, when you save the game?

This only happens in multiplayer. (We both know you lied about single player part.)
    Create your characters according to your line up. First spot for top char etc..
  • Big_MurrayBig_Murray Member Posts: 69
    +1 to this being just something which happens to you?
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Totally thought this would be about the pathfinding

Don't know how many more times I can witness my guys take a scenic route when there is a logjam to get through a door before I go mental :P

Alas, that is Baldurs Gate. 15 years of horrendous pathfinding and we still love you
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    You'd think they could have fixed the pathfinding thing by now.

Another thing I hate is trying to backstab and ending up with a critical miss.
    edited November 2013
    zerckan said:

This only happens in multiplayer. (We both know you lied about single player part.)
    Create your characters according to your line up. First spot for top char etc..

Lied is a harsh word, and I would dare say you are a very rude individual for even suggesting such.

Mistaken, perhaps. Lied? No. Seriously, comments like this will just lead me to flat out ignore the forums and just continue to be my normally reclusive, solitary self (minus multiplayer) and just play the game, contributing nothing to the forums or bug finding in the process.

Clearly I have nothing better to do with my 50 hour a week job than to lie to some faceless schmo on the internet with one of my very few hours of down time during the week.

Don't know how many more times I can witness my guys take a scenic route when there is a logjam to get through a door before I go mental :P

Alas, that is Baldurs Gate. 15 years of horrendous pathfinding and we still love you

The pathfinding is also incredibly annoying.

@Everyone

No mods. Nothing.

So assuming this is a multiplayer only issue, everyone else has this problem then, yes? Assuming this is a multiplayer only issue, is this something that could or could not be corrected assuming it works perfectly fine with zero chance of not working and is 100% bug free in single player?
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    The pathfinding is so annoying that I'd rather they improve that before they add any additional content. Hell, I'd even pay for it fully knowing that I'm being ripped off.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639

on the bright side at least pathfinding was significantly better in BG2. In BG1, you had nothing but narrow corridors for dungeons pretty much half the time, especially a certain dungeon at the end of the game where even two characters side by side had troubles, ugh.
    edited November 2013
    @Varwulf you should stop lying if you are offended by being a liar. OK THANKS
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    No need for vitriol.
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    edited November 2013
    mlnevese said:

To me the most annoying thing about BG/BG2 is that eventually you complete all quests and the game ends...

Same here. Currently enjoying the SoA portion, but it's just a matter of time until I finish it, and then steamaroll ToB.

Devs, for the love of Bhaal, start cranking out some DLCs! :P
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I read in a tweet of @TrentOster some time ago that when they attempted to fix the pathfinding that it fundamentally broke the entirety of BGEE. So they thought it best to leave it alone...
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    mlnevese said:

To me the most annoying thing about BG/BG2 is that eventually you complete all quests and the game ends...

I disagree. Nothing should last forever, and a great ending is what makes a lot out of the story.

And Throne of Bhaal does indeed end quite fantastically.
    @zerckan I believe there is a Battlefield 4 forum you could go troll if it pleases you. Now pipe down, the grown ups are talking.

@mlnevese Couldn't have put it better myself, lol. Which begs the question, when you DO finish BG2, what is the next course of action usually? Reloading from the beginning you would lose all of your hard earned items wouldn't you? I guess that again is reason why I really am sad NWN1 was never released on IE. That would be an awesome way to continue your character's story :)
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    I remember old BGII loading screen telling you that you could import your character in NWN: what a great sadness when I've discovered it was impossible!! T^T
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Wut? I played a character from BG1 to NWN1 plus expansions.
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Never been able to import my BGII:ToB CHARNAME to NWN... it never allowed me to do it.
    @Varwulf Unlike you, i've never visited battle field 4 forums. You may go back there, kid.