Skip to content

Use Any Item does not allow use of Cernd's cloak?

MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
Observed Behavior: After slaughtering Cernd, I looted his cloak that only he is supposed to be able to equip. Later, when Hexxat got her Use Any Item, I wanted to see if it was equippable with magical armor. Unfortunately, Hexxie cannot equip it. If I try to equip it while Cloak of Dragomir is already worn, I get the error "Inadequate Charisma". If Cloak of Dragomir isn't equipped, I get the error "Inadequate Wisdom". The item isn't red in the inventory screen.

Expected behavior: Hexxat, or any thief with UAI, should be able to use any item, including Cernd's cloak.

Note that a) I've only tested this with Hexxat, so it may be a bug specific to her, and b) I did NOT loot Cernd's staff, so I have not tested to see if that would work.

Comments

• AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    sounds like the staff may be coded with hidden stat requirements, which is something UAI doesn't get around. try having her chug a potion of insight before you put the cloak on.
  • TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    "What do you mean I can't equip the entire demi-plane of earth?!"

It's the same thing with full-plate whilst wearing the Cloak of Dragomir, inadequate strength. The way that they've implemented those kinds of items it is made those kinds of items usable by their respective kits, which UAI bypasses, and implemented minimum stat requirements that mirror the characters that use them, which UAI doesn't. You've probably already determined that, but I just did a little research myself.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Intended behaviour. See my comment here. If you want it 'fixed', then I can make a mod that allows you to use any NPC items.