Skip to content

[Known 7523] Underdark Bugs (spoilers)

ManwithoutModemManwithoutModem Member Posts: 2
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
So, I'm not sure if I'm just not doing the quest right, or if this is a bug. I'm on the quest where you have to save Phaere from the Mind Flayers and Solaufien does nothing when I talk to him. All he says is "My mind is corrupted by the thoughts of the future, I have to time for idle talking." Is this some sort of bug, and if so, How can I get past this? I don't have any other saves to go back to.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• ManwithoutModemManwithoutModem Member Posts: 2
    Okay, thanks.
  • IjimekkoIjimekko Member Posts: 12
    I used eekeeper, value of the variable "SOLAUFEINJOB" was 2. I'm tried different values, but without positive result. Still can't play. :(
    Gate70 said:

@Ijimekko zip and attach your game. I'll have a look when I get chance, now into busy part of week for me.

Thank you!

• SmilgeSmilge Member Posts: 104
    Your save (1523) worked fine for me. Any mods installed?
    Gate70 said:

OK, took several goes but finally got him to do the right thing. Save attached with note of variables altered.

SOLAUFEINJOB change from 1 to 2
    SOLAUFEINLIKES created with value of 1
    UDATTACK1 deleted (value was 0)
    SOLNOTALK1 deleted (value was 1)

Lasaonar is mid-combat, that might not have helped.

I'm not sure about the LIKES and NOTALK values. Believe they are mutually exclusive and I thought Solaufein should hand out the job regardless, but that's from the ignorant position of not checking script, code or however it is handled.

It works! Thank you very much!!! Sorry, english not my native laguage, i can't find words to thank you properly. :)
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Gate70, was this ever investigated properly?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Gate70 said:

I don't think I got to the cause with any certainty, think there was another thread where someone left the area as he started his casting (with the shadow door animation) into the beholder lair but this one might be to do with earlier conversations saying the wrong choices to Solaufein or protagonist being out of sight due to regeneration stutter.

Yeah, I suspect the same, the game should enter in Cutscene mode, IIRC I said this already in other thread.