Skip to content

BUG: In map mode, the select all hotkey ( button 0 ) doesn't work.

MoonHopliteMoonHoplite Member Posts: 6
edited December 2013 in Not An Issue
In map mode, the select all hotkey ( button 0 ) doesn't work.

However, selecting individual party members with the number hotkeys work. You can't also shift select all party members in map mode, to select all members.

This seems to be overlooked.

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    As far as I am aware, this is intentional. Only one party member can be selected at a time when using the map. If you had all the party members selected prior to opening the map, they will still be selected when you close it.

Better safe than sorry, I'll tag @LiamEsler.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    I'm not sure, it's not something I've ever looked at: if someone has a copy of the original game around and can confirm this is a bug (or not), that'd be ace :)
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @LiamEsler I have original copies of both BG1 and BG2. A brief test of the map in BG2 shows that the behavior there is the same as it is now. What's more I believe the map screen was designed so that you could only ever have one character selected at a time while using it. The only function of selecting characters on the map screen seems to be tracking their movements so selecting all of them would be useless for that function. As Troodon80 says the selection of characters returns to what it was before the map screen was opened, unless you double click on one of them in which case they become the selected character.

Long story short: this is intended behavior.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Sweet. :) Thanks @Tresset!
  • MoonHopliteMoonHoplite Member Posts: 6
    Thanks.

If I could get a quick comment:
    Im confused, as wouldn't including this feature be an improvement? What is the development point of view here?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @MoonHoplite, I don't know, but I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and assume it's one of those "it if ain't broke, don't fix it," points. I'm not really sure what good it would do to be able to select all the party members on the map screen; you cannot move them around from the map, or perform any action directly from the map, so I suppose there is no point in enhancing that aspect unless there is a purpose to it. :)