Skip to content

Candlekeep High: The Baldur's Gate cast goes to prom

Comments

• BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    Coutelier said:

I did do some pics of it a long time ago; they're around on the fan creations forum somewhere. There was no real story, although I'm sure other fanfic writers have attempted it (I can think of one which was like a Twilight crossover/parody, with Bodhi and Xzar).

Yup, there's that, which I must finish reading and there's also a straight BG AU story over at ff.net that's lots of fun.

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Ha! these are good!
    I especially enjoyed the Yoshimo one!
    jackjackCrevsDaak
    I am noticing a lot of people from across the pond on these boards, haha. Good fun
    Am I the only American?
    Nimran
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    I thought we were imagining them all as actually being in high school and who they would take to prom haha

Minsc would obviously take Boo

Imoen might take CN, but would probably be off chatting with other people

Jaheira and Khalid would go together

Edwin would be stag, the pimply greasy kid in the corner talking to himself and plotting his revenge on all the other students (Anomen would probably give him a wedgie later in the evening)

jackjackbooinyoureyesWolk
    Edwin would actually get the most beautiful woman of all... only to end up using the nether scroll.

Suddenly Dorn appears, an eager look on his face...
    WolkMontresor_SPCrevsDaakbadbromance
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    The scroll isn't necessary in Dorn's case though. :P

Oh the mental images. Make them go away!
    booinyoureyes
    Zanian said:

The scroll isn't necessary in Dorn's case though. :P

Yes, but it would make for a more irate Thayan :D
    Nimran
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632

I am noticing a lot of people from across the pond on these boards, haha. Good fun
    Am I the only American?

Not the only one! I think that was prime time for Europe, when the Americans getting ready for work or class.
    booinyoureyesNimran
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited April 2014
    nano said:

Am I the only American?

Not the only one! I think that was prime time for Europe, when the Americans getting ready for work or class.
    I also live in the 'merica, as it is called, sort of.
    Post edited by meagloth on
    booinyoureyesjackjackCrevsDaakNimran
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    nano said:

Silke is the cougar who hangs around in college bars.

She would buy me drinks and pay me compliments, and all she would get out of me is, "Nom, nom, nom, nom... Hic! I'm still hungry!". No, I would totally be her prey. :( I mean come on a 17 Charisma? I got, like, a 13 Intelligence and a 9 Wisdom. I don't stand a chance.
    No, seriously, like, one shot of potato vodka on an empty stomach later and I'm telling her everything. Everything.

Am I the only American?

I'm American! But my blood is from all over!
    booinyoureyesjackjackCrevsDaakNimran
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251

I'm American! But my blood is from all over!

Likewise.
    Nimran
    I think "Gromnir" would be a cool name for a metal band
    NonnahswriterjackjackCrevsDaakNimran
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    edited December 2013

Imoen would be the 10th grade English Literature teacher who still has her students make dioramas and colorful posters for "book reports".

Eldoth would be the 23 year old senior who's the campus weed dealer and dates freshman girls.

Nalia would be the sociology major who takes her subject super seriously and insists on everything being politically correct. She's the president of half the after-school activities and founder of half the clubs.

Hexxat is the goth girl who sits in the back of the class. She makes Aerie uncomfortable.

Haer-Dalis would be the Hipster Art Student.

Dynaheir is the head of the language department. Often at odds with Edwin.

Mazzy would be the star student that they put on the front of all the newsletters.

Faldorn would be an "alternative" teacher who tries to convince parents to sign up the kids for "Politics explained by Pottery" and "Expressionistic Math in Dance".

Oh my word. Love this! Particularly these ones (particularly particularly Eldoth Nalia &Haer'Dalis) which are hilariously believable. Much applause for the accuracy of these.
    booinyoureyesCrevsDaakLuftwaffe
    @RecklessHeart
    Haha, the Eldoth and Nalia ones ring most true to me too
    recklessheartNimran
    @RecklessHeart
    I'd like to hear your take on certain characters. I have trouble with Dynaheir, Faldorn and Cernd in particular. They are difficult to include in a funny way :D
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282

@RecklessHeart
    I'd like to hear your take on certain characters. I have trouble with Dynaheir, Faldorn and Cernd in particular. They are difficult to include in a funny way :D

I think Cernd may be a gardener/grounds keeper. I figure Faldorn to be the school's eco-warrior, although with rather extreme views; she has particularly harsh punishments for anyone who utters the phrase 'so much for global warming' whenever it snows a bit. She'll first try to explain the difference between climate and weather, but if they persist... more drastic measures.

Dynaheir maybe in charge of the drama club.
    booinyoureyes
    edited December 2013
    I got it! Dynaeir is the Wicca Girl!!!! The witch fits.

Faldorn is the girl who throws blood on Skie and Nalia's fur coats. Nalia is the only person convinced by this argument whereas Skie has her dad call the principle. Xan was mostly unresponsive.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    I think Alora would be a good kindergarten teacher as well.
    booinyoureyesAristilliusCrevsDaakDreadKhan
    I was thinking of making Alora a gradeschool teacher who steals art supplies from Garrick's class (he was totally unaware every time) but I had a lunchlady who was just as friendly as her :)
    nano
    Cernd as a hippie? I love it!
    CrevsDaakNimran
    Jaheira would be one of the senior teachers at the school who has gotten to the point where she is a bit old fashioned: she expects her students to be very intelligent, and thinks she has a academic-mildly-casual relationship with her students, but her class actually find it really awkward. The teacher who very casually talks about how much of a pity it is the way girls dress, and how it's ridiculous how some of the students enjoy getting so blindly drunk on weekends, while all the students are awkwardly nodding along pretending they don't do just that.

Safana would NOT be a teacher, haha! She'd be a teacher's assistant, sitting in the class and occasionally coming round asking if students need help, but you can tell she isn't actually that interested in teaching, she just needs to get some kind of job for the meantime. And she totally knows the boys only ask her for help because they want her to come up to their desk.

Anomen is the really arrogant guy who goes on about how well he did in class in a very off-handed way, thinking he's quite popular. Behind his back, everyone is talking about how much of a dick he is. No one ever sees the grade he gets anyway - I bet he's a B student, and he just talks a big game.
    booinyoureyesmeaglothDragonspear
    Safana as the slutty TA? I like it. I crushed on many the TA in my time.

For some reason I don't see Jaheira as being very traditional or prudish when it comes to the way young girls dress (skin is "natural")

Your Anomen sounds like the kinda guy who would one day be a presidential candidate, lol.
    recklessheartSCARY_WIZARDCrevsDaakNimran

Your Anomen sounds like the kinda guy who would one day be a presidential candidate, lol.

Unfortunately, @booinyoureyes , I am afraid this is the reality we live in XD To be honest, Jaheira is such a well-nuanced character that I don't know WHERE she would go. Only conclusion: she wins at life and has graduated, and has managed to steer clear of education ever since. :P
    booinyoureyesjackjack
    rdarken said:

Anomen is the really arrogant guy who goes on about how well he did in class in a very off-handed way, thinking he's quite popular. Behind his back, everyone is talking about how much of a dick he is. No one ever sees the grade he gets anyway - I bet he's a B student, and he just talks a big game.

No way, he doesn't brag about his grades. He brags about his touchdowns and possibly home runs!
    Honestly I thought the same thing @rdarken
    He doesn't seem to academically motivated for a Priestly-type, and began as a fighter. He's the B- student jock who's dad gets him into a good school because of his connections.
    jackjackKidCarnivalNimran