Skip to content

Candlekeep High: The Baldur's Gate cast goes to prom

Comments

• rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    I think he gets in on his football scholarship. His dad is a jerk, wouldn't hook him up at all. Incidentally, that's why he's such a bully. Eventually, while he's away at college, he realizes the error of his ways. I'm basically just taking his BG2 story and applying it to a high school / college setting :)
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Well, yeah that would be more accurate with his actual story in the game :) I like it

He's the guy who had crap grades in high school but worked hard in college after getting his scholarship and meeting a nice girl (a female charname). I have many friends like that :D
    lol
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    jackjack said:

I think Abdel is deserving of the "Carrie" treatment.

Except unlike Carrie he doesn't get psychic revenge?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited December 2013
    Correct, he just gets covered in pig's blood then has to walk home.
    Wilson is the pet that each student has to take home for one week during the year to learn responsibility.

Did anyone else have these in elementary school? We usually had some kind of hamster or guinea pig (and no, it was not me). We had to take him home for a week and feed him then bring him back.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited April 2014

Did anyone else have these in elementary school? We usually had some kind of hamster or guinea pig (and no, it was not me). We had to take him home for a week and feed him then bring him back.

Sadly no :(
    But we had my best friend who fits the giant-bear role perfectly (and the almost-giant-bear role for me), joke, joke, but some people really called us the Dynamic Duo (we're great fans of Batman, bad part is that no one wants to be Robin, and I am younger than him so I got the role) which was what formed our "BBC" or "boludos' bear club".
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Wilson is the pet that each student has to take home for one week during the year to learn responsibility.

I feel like we did have that but I somehow avoided it.
    Jenzafar said:

Khalid is the stuttering, awkward boy you just know is going to show up at the 10 year reunion with a hot wife and tons of gold in his purse.

That is basically how I view him as well in this circumstance. That or the stuttering awkward guy who doesn't think he stands a chance at getting the girl, and then asks her out and she says yes anyways.
    "Tiax used to get picked on for being a dweeb, and is secretly planning his revenge on his bullies once he graduates to the real world and becomes super successful. Anomen will be his first target."

Why not Quayle?
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    It's starting to look like Kill la Kill and I'm not sure what to think about it ._o
    Yea I do recall something but I can't remember if it was living or not. It may have been a stuffed animal. If nothing else probably for allergy (and possibly liability) reasons.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Quartz said:

Xzar would be the crazy goth kid who shows up with slipknot shirts and facepaint.

Well, somebody thinks he's a bard. And @Quartz‌... Who, exactly, is that picture of...?:)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Quartz said:

@meagloth And here I thought my face was a known quantity at this point. It's me, couple years back. :P

I thought so, but I couldn't be sure. Your avatar isn't exactly... high definition, despite @CrevsDaak‌ masterful MS paint skills:P

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    meagloth said:

Quartz said:

@meagloth And here I thought my face was a known quantity at this point. It's me, couple years back. :P

I thought so, but I couldn't be sure. Your avatar isn't exactly... high definition, despite @CrevsDaak‌ masterful MS paint skills:P

Sorry but I don't make SD to HD yet. I am working on improving and incorporating such features in my next update.
    Baeloth...
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457

On the "misconceptions" thread we were discussing with @nano and @kidcarnival what a highschool or college would look like with the Baldur's Gate cast :D It was a lot of fun, but it should be its own thread so here it is.

I'd love to hear more suggestions and, even better, alternative fun places we can put the cast of our favorite rpg. I think this game is fun and challenging :)

Here we go (from myself, KidCarnival and Nano.... please give your own suggestions!)

Edwin would be the eccentric university professor who is respected by his peers for his academic accomplishments, but hated for his arrogance and bragging about them

Quayle would be the professor who thinks he is well respected by his peers for his academic accomplishments, but actually is not.

Imoen would be the 10th grade English Literature teacher who still has her students make dioramas and colorful posters for "book reports".

Ajantis would be the strict math teacher who has trouble controlling unruly classes despite being an aspiring authoritarian. "Com'on guys, Helm wouldn't like that"

Garrick would be the incompetent art teacher.

Minsc would be the overly-enthusiastic gym teacher and football coach (Boo takes care of the details)

Yoshimo is the mysterious, super-suave foreign exchange student.

Eldoth would be the 23 year old senior who's the campus weed dealer and dates freshman girls.

Skie would be the bratty freshman cheerleader captain who expects good grades simply for showing up.

Jaheira could be a biology teacher who insists on equality for parasites and gives bad grades for students who don't "respect all of nature's children equally". Radical hippie biology teacher.

Khalid would be the substitute teacher that gets no respect.

Coran would be the young "cool" teacher that all the girls have a crush on.

Safana would be the hot English teacher that all the guys fawn over.

Alora would be the typical overly-friendly lunchlady. All the students love her, though they rarely seem to get the correct change back.

Yeslick would be the cook in the cafeteria. Many students try to steal his beer.

Neera would be the crazy chemistry teacher who's experiments always make the fire alarm go off.

Kivan would be the grumpy janitor that scares all the freshman.

Jan would be the shop teacher with all the hilarious stories that students hang out with during lunch breaks, and runs a black market in junk food

Nalia would be the sociology major who takes her subject super seriously and insists on everything being politically correct. She's the president of half the after-school activities and founder of half the clubs.

Aerie would be the teacher's pet who always makes the Honor Roll. She is in all of Nalia's clubs.

Hexxat is the goth girl who sits in the back of the class. She makes Aerie uncomfortable.

Haer-Dalis would be the Hipster Art Student.

Xzar would be the crazy goth kid who shows up with slipknot shirts and facepaint.

Monty would be in detention.... always.

Korgan is the gruff, over-aggressive hall monitor/security guard. The school has been sued on multiple occasions, but can't get rid of him because Kagain is his Union Representative.

Valygar is the more responsible security guard. Usually proctors tests and watches Monty in the detention hall.

Cernd is the campus groundskeeper, who students come to seeking wise counsel on life decisions and relationship advice.

Dorn is the bad-boy senior who comes to school on a Harley. You don't wanna take him home to your mother.

Shar-teel would be the star athlete who resents all the guys because there isn't a girl's football team and she's stuck playing a no-contact sport like volleyball. Majors in Women's Studies and says she hates Dorn (lotsa sexual tension).

Dynaheir is the head of the language department. Often at odds with Edwin.

Viconia would be the punk girl with tons of piercings who loves to say shocking things to get a rise out of people and keeps getting sent home because her shirt has something rude.

Rasaad would be the Ethics and Philosophy teacher who leads the afterschool Yoga Club. Nalia is president.

Mazzy would be the star student that they put on the front of all the newsletters.

Faldorn would be an "alternative" teacher who tries to convince parents to sign up the kids for "Politics explained by Pottery" and "Expressionistic Math in Dance".

Kagain would be the controversial Business Law professor that concerned parents worry about at the Parent-Teacher Confrences.

Keldorn is the concerned parent at the Parent-Teacher Conferences. He often inquires about Kagain's curriculum to the assistant principle.

Tiax would be the evil assistant principle who thinks he is the real principle.

Xan would be the real principle who's the only one who realizes the students are all doomed :)

Koveras is the mysterious recent transfer student... and the adventure begins

Please add your own! Or your own ideas :)

Lol a fun read!