Skip to content

Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition ?

2»

Comments

• iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Mornmagor said:

@ikrivetko em... what i meant is that 3D will not always win over 2D, i worded it weird and placed "always" at the end, so i guess you could stretch it to your interpretation. And i see you were not the only one to take it like that.

This isn't really a matter of 2d vs 3d, but rather a matter of one group of designers being a bit less rubbish than the other. It just happened that the more rubbish one was working on the project that used 3d.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704

Enhance what exactly? I think an entire remake would be necessary.

They tried to keep too much faithful to 3.5 Ed rules. They traded rules for gameplay in my view.

One of the most annoying things in NWN2 is the lack of a skill tree, where we could see which late skills exist and which pre-requisite are needed to reach them.

But obsidian clearly gave up any work on NWN2, even today there's a lot year old bugs that they didn't even bother in fix.

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited June 2013
    oldsch00l said:

Don't think they should focus on overhauling every rpg game out there. There's some new stuff to do, new ideas to develop and not be tied by contract saying you can't to do this, can't do that is way better when making games...

Overhaul shouldn't be focused on overhauling?

• MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited June 2013
    iKrivetko said:

Mornmagor said:

@ikrivetko em... what i meant is that 3D will not always win over 2D, i worded it weird and placed "always" at the end, so i guess you could stretch it to your interpretation. And i see you were not the only one to take it like that.

This isn't really a matter of 2d vs 3d, but rather a matter of one group of designers being a bit less rubbish than the other. It just happened that the more rubbish one was working on the project that used 3d.
    Who was better at designing graphics is only an assumption, and i don't care about it, 3D was not at its peak back then, and imo they were wrong to make NWN into full 3D, it was early. However, Bioware never was at the "peak" of graphics designing in the first place.

That was the whole idea of "pitting" it against BG's 2D. 3D is supposed to bring a better representation of reality in images, which NWN failed to do, armors looked less realistic than what they looked like in a game that used sprites, that although come from 3D models, were brought down to an abysmal resolution to be put in BG's graphic engine.

BG was an older game that used older graphics technology than NWN. It is still debated about what looks better, people in here will tell you BG looks better.

Anyway, i found NWN's art style atrocious, and no, it's not because it was 3D, it was because designers made bad choices. And one of the choices was using full 3D for it, without the best of artists for 3D, and at a time when 3D for RPGs was not an area people had much expertise in. Tin cans and cylinders with balls for knee-guards was what you were gonna get, at least from them.
    TJ_Hooker
  • solodsolod Member Posts: 58
    edited December 2013
    NWN is my favorite CRPG 100% due primarily to user created content. NWN: EE? Check out 27:00 to 32:00 in this podcast interview:

http://www.racketboy.com/podcast/racketboy-podcast-42-trent-oster

After listening to this interview I don't think its out of the question.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Thread necroed!!!!
  • AlmateriaAlmateria Member Posts: 257
    How perceptive of you
    And how mocking of you, you won't like to make me angry?
    Because I am chained to the same rules as you should, many other peoplae can explain those rules to you, if you couldn't comprehend them, their posts tend to have blue or grey background.
    booinyoureyes
    Stop getting angry over internet jokes, dude.
    Also stop backseat modding, you don't want to be banned, do you?
    Read the rules, all what you need to know is there.
    And there are limits, I might be the Lord of Chaos, but, be respectful as I am.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    dude.... its kinda weird that you seem to follow Crevs around wherever he posts to insult him. It like everytime I see your name pop up, its some sarcastic-yet-not-funny shot at CrevDaak. Borderline creepy if you ask me.
    CrevsDaak
    It is not only weird of borderline creepy IT IS AMAZINGLY STRAINING ON MY NERVES, and to add to the list, my heartbeat and cardiac rhythm go faster than in other humans, so I am much more nervous, I get to regenerate hurts faster and that stuff, but also, being more nervous is akin to HAVING SHORTER PATIENT!!!!
    It is the last advice.
    Yeah, whatever fantasy you want to live, dude, who cares.

dude.... its kinda weird that you seem to follow Crevs around wherever he posts to insult him. It like everytime I see your name pop up, its some sarcastic-yet-not-funny shot at CrevDaak. Borderline creepy if you ask me.

If he would only stop going after my posts and acting like a mod, nothing like that would happen. It's not my fault he has no self control.
    I don't see where I am breaking the rules by telling you to stop trolling, which is against the Forum's rules.
    @Dee can give you the link to them, if you can't find them.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Almateria
    Please review the site rules, particularly the ones about respecting others, trolling, and flaming. You're in breach of several right now. You won't receive another warning; if I have to speak to you again, you will be removed.
    -Dee
    CrevsDaakbooinyoureyesAlmateria
  • enhancedgamerxenhancedgamerx Member Posts: 90
    *bump*

I'm gonna necro this sucker up so hard that you'll never even #yolo #pleasedontbanme. What are people's feelings on the prospect of enhancing the Neverwinter Nights games, as of the glorious year of 2017?
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    An NWN without a near perfect toolset as it had is no NWN at all, but I would throw kickstarter money at a project like this for sure.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Okay... Just going to say it... NWN using the NWN2 improvements. Although maybe some people don't see NWN2 improving things much?
    ThacoBelltbone1DJKajuru
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    I would love to see an NWN and NWN2 EE. I'm not sure it's reasonable to expect a renovation of five campaigns (possibly six with Mysteries of Westgate, possibly more with the modules for NWN1). Also would want to see backward compatibility with existing fan-created modules.
    tbone1comebackhome[Deleted User]Ratibor92
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254

I would love to see an NWN and NWN2 EE. I'm not sure it's reasonable to expect a renovation of five campaigns (possibly six with Mysteries of Westgate, possibly more with the modules for NWN1). Also would want to see backward compatibility with existing fan-created modules.

So many good memories of NWN I would definitely support this and '"Shut up and take my money"" What else more needs to be said really?
    [Deleted User]