Skip to content

Multiplayer, Multiclass, Multigoofs, Multi-fun.......Right? Brought to you by Quartz and Dragonspear

DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
edited December 2013 in Multiplayer
So a long, long time ago and a realms far far away, @Quartz and I once decided with the help of @Brude and @SandmanCCL that we'd like to do a "buncha shorties with multiclasses" run. There's just one problem, shorties smell.

With that said, we're looking for people to join us through the entire saga with nothing but multiclass characters. Here are the character ideas that I have:

Elven Fighter/Mage
Halfling Fighter/Thief
Dwarven Fighter/Cleric
Gnome Illusionist/Cleric

Those are the "core" of our group, and @Quartz has said that he'd like to be either the goofy Illusionist/Cleric gnome or a silly Halfling Fighter/Thief.

That said, if Forumites are interested, there are a couple other multiclass options I'd like to throw in the mix to fill us up to a full 6 people.

Half-Elven Fighter/Druid (we don't have a dr00d and it might be fun)
Half-Orc Cleric/Thief (For when you absolutely, positively, have to backstab with a quarterstaff)

While I realize these aren't all shorties (hey half of them are, isn't that enough @Quartz), it is still a multitude of fun.

If you're interested post below with your preferred class combination and lets see if we can get this off the ground.

Once we get everyone together, we'll decide on stat limits/proficiency etc.

Edit:

Halfling Fighter/Thief - @Quartz (GMT -8)
Gnome Illusionist/Cleric - @Corvino
Elf Fighter/Mage - @CrevsDaak trying to take my elven fighter/mage and replace it with a bloody gnome!
Dwarven Fighter/Cleric - @Archon

Still open
Fighter/Druid (Or Cleric/Ranger)
Cleric/Thief @Southpaw
Post edited by Dragonspear on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2013
    Can I play as a Gnome, and name him Uncle Scratchy?? I will make wonders, unless 1) I have to play as a Druid 2) as a Divine Caster, so maybe a fighter/illusionist. I really do not cae about th proficiencies I have to choose, really, I can get those that no one wants, like spears, longbow in BG2, bastard swords, etc.
    Maybe I can be THE archer, and put more in WIS than in STR so I also max DEX to be a good archer, INT will already be maxed and CHA, I refuse to be the leader, but 10 CHA will do.
  • archonarchon Member Posts: 8
    I'd be very glad to make part of it! I can play anything as long as it's dwarven, and Fighter/Cleric is my favorite combination. GMT -2 here.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited December 2013
    Yo yo yo I be takin' the Halfling Fighter/Thief, dawg!!

I would prefer an all-shorty run but the "all different races" approach is a cool one too, I like it! Just no Humans. Dual-classing is obnoxious. Congrats bro you're the strongest after being gimped half of the game ... so legit.

I guess an important question is ... we are starting with BG:EE I assume? That being the case I'll start with Short Sword and Short Bow for my proficiencies and maybe work some Two-Weapon Style in later on :D

@CrevsDaak Yeah I suppose you could go Fighter/Illusionist. Bahaha Gnome with a Bastard Sword. I'd be fine with that personally.
    edited December 2013
    @Quartz and named Uncle Scratchy, besides using a longbow (BG1's powerhouse) if not a Crossbow, also, I think I will go for long swords if nobody choose so, but BS and LG will go fine, even better with a SWS to load up AC, 18/xx STR, max DEX, max everything but not CHA, I wan't a uncharismatic gnomish mad-gnome.
    Also, I will like to change my colors with NearInfinity, canz I do zo?? I'd like the one that Jan Jansen haz.
    Then, @Quartz TWS will go nice for your choice, now we need someone with a shield (I can use whatever thee want me to use).
    @CrevsDaak Well we all know the Dwarven Fighter/Cleric is a good fit for shield shenanigans.

Yeah I'll probably NearInfinity my char to have some stupid effect as well xD
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I'd definitely be interested! I wouldn't mind playing just about any role - though I prefer a Gnome, Dwarf or Halfling! I quite enjoy the Cleric/Illusionist role for huge numbers of spells.

Unfortunately I'm not in the same country as my PC until the New Year, if you can wait. I'll be GMT for a timezone once I'm home.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    well I'm -5 GMT, but I still raid in WoW (for a little bit *grumbles*) and now is about the time I become free to play on nights I don't raid.
    FYI, if I do have to give up my Fighter/Mage for a bloody gnome, I'll prolly go Half-Elf Cleric/Ranger at that point. Although if I have to be a half-orc backstabbing mofo with my "olde walkin stickz" then I will.
    @Dragonspear I can be a gnomish F/T, you can use the Elven F/M anyway, but I will stick with Bastard Swords, and you'll have to use Bows :)
    Also, I could try to play as a Cleric/Thief, but I will be half of the time reading the divine spells' descriptions and trying to help, somehow.... As I am bad with clerics, but I should try to play with one, the thief half will help a lot, since I've used lots of thief PCs. But as C/T I'll miss the BS :(
    I'll figure it out (read: come to terms) at work

I'll figure it out (read: come to terms) at work

What's that? A type of secret codes you're not goin' to tell me???
    If we have a Cleric/Thief (read: the character is only a utility and nothing more) I'd say make it a Gnome purely because well ... Gnomes are awesome.
    @Quartz gnomes are badass boss.
    Also, I really do not know how to play with a Divine spell-caster, so it could lead to MUCH confusions, since I do not know anything about them.
    edited December 2013
    @CrevsDaak You know it could be a fun learning experience. I'd be perfectly happy to guide you through it. And I type f***ing fast so it wouldn't slow us up as you might think.

Main reasons why Cleric/Thieves are kinda badass:
    - Run around dungeons with "Detect Traps" (level 2) and "Sanctuary" (level 1) spells active.
    - Backstabbing with a Club or Staff. With Clubs you have the benefit of a shield, or with a Staff you can rip things to pieces by going Two-Handed Weapon Style (making critical hit change 10% instead of the regular 5%) and especially Staff of Striking.
    - They are a really good fit for equipment such as Staff Spear, Staff Mace, Buckley's Buckler, Kiel's Buckler.
    - Idk some other stuff I haven't thought of, there's more to these suckas than meets the eye.

Reasons to make it a Half-Orc:
    - 19 Strength from the get-go
    - 18 Wisdom vs. Gnome's 17 Wisdom

Reasons to make it a Gnome:
    - Saving Throws
    - Better Racial Thieving Bonuses

Overall I prefer Gnomish Cleric/Thieves because I like Gnomes and besides Cleric/Thief is more a utility class and the bonuses for Gnomes are more utility-oriented whereas the Half-Orc's are more number-crunching oriented. But obviously it's up to you.
    edited December 2013
    OK so I'm trying to be all organized. So far we're potentially looking at:

Dragonspear the Elven Fighter/Mage
    (Proficiencies for this, Dragonspear?)
    or
    Dragonspear the Half-Elven Cleric/Ranger
    (Profs?)

Quartz the Halfling Fighter/Thief
    (Short Swords, Short Bow, Two-Weapon Style)

CrevsDaak the Gnomish Fighter/Illusionist
    (Long/Bastard Sword? and Crossbow)
    or
    CrevsDaak the Gnomish/Half-Orcish Cleric/Thief
    (Quarterstaff/Club? and Sling)

@archon showed some interest in playing a Dwarven Fighter/Cleric
    @Corvino showed some interest in playing a Gnomish Illusionist/Cleric
    Prolly longsword bow for F M and maces/hammers/flails for CR
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    What is the timeslot you'd be playing?
    For me the best time to play is midnight - x eastern time Thursday through Sunday work depending
    I have the whole day, but I won't be in the following days:
    27 of December to 31 of December (we're going to travel, holyadys), and then 20 of January and IDK, 24 and 25 of December might be difficult.
    Quartz said:

@CrevsDaak You know it could be a fun learning experience. I'd be perfectly happy to guide you through it. And I type f***ing fast so it wouldn't slow us up as you might think.

Main reasons why Cleric/Thieves are kinda badass:
    - Run around dungeons with "Detect Traps" (level 2) and "Sanctuary" (level 1) spells active.
    - Backstabbing with a Club or Staff. With Clubs you have the benefit of a shield, or with a Staff you can rip things to pieces by going Two-Handed Weapon Style (making critical hit change 10% instead of the regular 5%) and especially Staff of Striking.
    - They are a really good fit for equipment such as Staff Spear, Staff Mace, Buckley's Buckler, Kiel's Buckler.
    - Idk some other stuff I haven't thought of, there's more to these suckas than meets the eye.

Reasons to make it a Half-Orc:
    - 19 Strength from the get-go
    - 18 Wisdom vs. Gnome's 17 Wisdom

Reasons to make it a Gnome:
    - Saving Throws
    - Better Racial Thieving Bonuses

Overall I prefer Gnomish Cleric/Thieves because I like Gnomes and besides Cleric/Thief is more a utility class and the bonuses for Gnomes are more utility-oriented whereas the Half-Orc's are more number-crunching oriented. But obviously it's up to you.

Yeah, I know that stuff, but I am missing the other stuff.
    What should I do in the middle of a battle??
    >.< eat turnips?
    Casts Bless so I could get hit and die because of the long casting time?? Now Beamdog ruined "Doom", the 1 casting speed -2 to everything ultra-cheese, lvl one, clerical. T^T (yeah, that emote is crying :P).
    Then, I can type fast too, I am only five years younger than you @Quartz.
    I was thinking of going Gnome and getting the highest roll in the west, so I can go with
    18/18/18(for the claw of Kazarogh)/10/17/10.
    Or I could make a Half-Orc, and change the animation and race to gnome :D:D::D:D:D a Half-Orc-Half-Gnome :P :P :P it would have 19/18/16(so I don't get so cheesy)/10/18/7 also, maybe we can go F/C and T/I?? I really do not know......
    I can play as a T/I in the best way ever, and I could be more useful as a F/C, but I like F/I and T/C better, so, I don't know what to do :P
    @Southpaw, what character do you wish to play?? Maybe you can take the Thief/Cleric???
    edited December 2013
    @Dragonspear - that might be interesting. I'd like to try and join. Can't do till after the New Year's Eve though.
    Thief/Cleric, yea...those can be only Gnomes... what about a Dwarf Cleric/Fighter?
    (If not, a Gnome Cleric/Thief will do as well. Just NO ELVES!)
    @Southpaw OK for me! and I think many others will agree, except for the part of no elves and @Dragonspear :P
    @southpaw technically half-orcs can be cleric thieves too
    @Dragonspear - I thought you said "shorties". Half-orc would do too. I would totally create a half-orc Cleric/Thief with stats 9/15/8/16/16/17...
    Quartz wants shorties. I was hoping for all multiclass and I was aiming for every race
    You guys decide. I'd be delighted to be able to play, even though I'm from the Old World, I can do midnight ET (not every day, but fairly often)
    You should be a Gnomish C/T @Southpaw, or a half-orc-half-gnome :P
    edited December 2013
    CrevsDaak said:

You should be a Gnomish C/T @Southpaw, or a half-orc-half-gnome :P

Aye, now I thought about a hunky orc having a sexual affair with a small, hot gnome.
    Maybe I could be a delusional Gnome that thinks he's a half-orc.
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    @Dragonspear @Quartz

Nice!

(*sniff, sniff*) What's that smell?
    edited December 2013
    @Brude it is @PhillipDaigle's dog.
    Maybe, if not, I should be me, it is like 32 Celsius degrees now.
    So we have:

@Quartz: Halfling Fighter/Thief (Shortsword/Shortbow)

@CrevsDaak: Gnome Fighter/Illusionist (Bastard Sword/Crossbow)

@Archon Dwarven Fighter/Cleric

@Corvino Gnome Illusionist/Cleric

@Southpaw Gnome Cleric/Thief

@Dragonspear ...........too tall to play LOL