Skip to content

Multiplayer, Multiclass, Multigoofs, Multi-fun.......Right? Brought to you by Quartz and Dragonspear

Comments

• archonarchon Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2013
    I love playing dwarves, but I'm no shorties enthusiast lol, I'd prefer to see the "tall" races as well, just for the sake of diversity.

I'm going for the cookie-cutter warhammer wielding dwarf, sword-and-board style. I might take Morning Star/Flails as we (hopefully) advance into BG2.

I can start anytime, but probably won't be able to play at the holidays. I'm down for gaming anytime between 14:00 and 03:00 EST.

Edit: Any rules on character creation? Are we min-maxing? I'm ok with exceptional rolls, but running with companions as bright as a wild dog or charming as a mud fence really bugs the nerdy roleplayer in me. I don't care if you roll for 2 hours straight, auto-roll or EEKeeper it, just give the character an adequate amount of intelligence/wisdom and charisma! :)

Edit #2: Also, I don't wanna be that guy, but as much as I want to play with a full roster, I must say that I never had any luck playing multiplayer with more then three people. Not sure if guys have tried it before, but the more people you have, more is the hassle to make everyone connect.
    Post edited by archon on
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    I think we need more Clerics. [/obviously_joking]

The all-race idea is kind of cool idc either way. It's whatever people want to do. Sure it was originally a Shorties idea but the all-race concept is pretty neat. That would also allow for more variation, after all: Halfling F/T, Gnome F/Illusionist, Dwarf F/C, Half-Orc C/T, Elf F/M, annnnnd I suppose that would mean a Half-Elf Cleric/Ranger amiright? Or a Fighter/Druid.

I'm in the PST, so 3 hours earlier than @Dragonspear ... Until I manage to get another job I'm pretty open really, with some exceptions.

Also dear God CrevsDaak I had a feeling you were young but FOURTEEN?? Dayum.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2013
    While rolling for my bloody gnome....image
    Fuck those, got a 18/00 with 84!!!
    Quartzjackjack
    Bahahaha Gnome with an 18/00 Strength. Brilliant.
    CrevsDaakjackjackbooinyoureyes
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    I'll check things later
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I'm up for the fighter/Druid, though cleric/ranger sound interesting as I've never played it before. I'm on central time, smack in the middle of 'merica, so I think it'll be hard to get all that together.
    Watch out for meagloth the noob, however, as this is my first time on a big multi game as it just became feasible on the iPad. And, just so @crevsdaak don't feel lonely, I'm 15.
    :)
    @meagloth thanks, but I wasn't feeling lonely :P, also, is the patch for iPad out?? The 1.2.0000 version???
    CrevsDaak said:

@meagloth thanks, but I wasn't feeling lonely :P, also, is the patch for iPad out?? The 1.2.0000 version???

*assumes he is kidding* yea, for about 2 weeks now remember we wuz on multiplayer? You had all dem fancy robes of venca?
    jackjackCrevsDaak
    @meagloth oh man, I have the beta version :P v1.2.2031 :P XDXDXD not the one from the App stroe :P
    CrevsDaak said:

@meagloth oh man, I have the beta version :P v1.2.2031 :P XDXDXD not the one from the App stroe :P

That makes since. You don't seem like one who would miss that for 2 weeks.
    I do wonder why that last comment was insightful, however. I always get insightful in weird places :P
    Not that I'm complaining...

@meagloth before the Beta version I had v1.0.2012 until then :P I care very little for patches :P
    And yeah, I remember when we played multi-player :P
    @crevsdaak I didn't know :P was a punctuation:P I guess I should put it after all my sentences:P
    :P
    CrevsDaak
    OK :P
    Nice !P
    Seems that you've got even more insightfuls :P
    meagloth
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Hey guys, just wondering what time and date things are planned to start? I should be good to go from about midday GMT on the 30th, jet lag permitting.
    Quartz
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    you must be this short to ride!
    man, if I was available in January I'd love to play. Never did a fighter/mage and always wanted to do a cleric/illusionist
    I'm rather indecisive about that @Corvino. That depends on when everyone else is ready. Especially since I'll be teh official "chaperone"of this group, I.E. the only tall person in a group full of kneecappers.
    Corvino
    edited December 2013
    I am ready whenever at this point. Starting today tomorrow or the day after sounds like a particularly good idea, because I'm just chillin' and bored. Hahaha. But Corvino says not until the 30th so nvm. :)

I'm going to roll my character early today in the next few hours. I'll post a screenshot.

I'm in Pacific Standard Time zone. Should've said that ages ago, sorry.

Galileo is ready to take on the world!

Fun fact, Galileo is an idea I had for a NPC mod ... Except his class will be different obviously. His stats are a little better here as well. But I plan on role-playing him in our multiplayer game and seeing how it goes ... should help me flesh out the character.

Everyone who is wanting to be in this multiplayer game, please gimme yer time zones and earliest time you can start playing. :)
    booinyoureyes
    I think GMT -3:00
  • DizlexusDizlexus Member Posts: 3
    Do you folks have all the players you want? I have a fighter-thief-mu -- tri class -- is a shorty elf. Would like to join you folks -- like the ideas here
  • DizlexusDizlexus Member Posts: 3
    should not that I'm mtn zone and am an old guy with a job -- get home at 6 local time
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    What protocol are we using btw? The new matchmaking feature or Hamachi?
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    @Quartz what was Galileo's original class? I like the name... and the hat makes me smile.
    CrevsDaak
    @Dizlexus I don't know, we had seven people interested in the multi player, but only four confirmated ( @Corvino @Quartz @Dragonspear @CrevsDaak ), and @archon, @meagloth and some others, @booinyoureyes would like to participate but he'll be busy in january.

@Corvino you should ask @Dragonspear, I don't have a preference but, I have a limited choice, TCP/IP or Beamdog.net, nothin' mo' for me.

Also, @Quartz, if you want to "test multiplayer stability (XD :P)" send me a PM, I'll be here most of the day, but maybe I travel a little more, don't get offended if I do not reply :P, if anyone else is interested do the same, I don't much trouble adding people.

If no one knew it, CTRL+Y works only for the host because of a bug, but @Cuv considered a good thing to left unfixed, no one would like a player to kill the PC :P.
    Cuv
    I would very much like to play the ranger/cleric. Frankly, however, I have my doubts that a six person multiplayer from different corners of the globe will work very well. I would like to try, however.
    Quartz
    If others would like to start other parties using this thread its fine by the way. No offense intended, I think @Meagloth is probably right in anything over 3 or 4 for MP is prolly going to be nigh impossible.

That said I would prefer to use the beamdog client thingy for it. It is prolly the easiest option.

Also if you'd like to start another party, especially leading it, drop your name here and I'll add you to the OP and what people you're looking for including races/classes if you'd like.
    QuartzCrevsDaak
    @booinyoureyes Jester =P
    jackjackCrevsDaakbooinyoureyes
    edited December 2013
    I'll roll up a ranger/cleric, as soon as get rid of this nasty *ahem* bug that puts me at level 40 in character creation.
    CrevsDaak
    Here we are. Flail/morning star ++, sling ++
    CrevsDaak
    edited December 2013
    @meagloth I know that bug *ahem* STARTARE.2DA *ahem* XPCAP.2DA *ahem* :P.
    meagloth