Skip to content

Console & Game Progress

Hey everyone,

Just got through playing watcher's keep (took forever, but great addition, never played ToB before). I came to realize at the last level that I didn't have the ritual scroll for some reason. So, I enabled the console to generate it, finished up the quest. Now, when I try to leave the area the only place available for me to go is the promenade, and that crashes each time. If I use the console to travel back to the promenade, it seems to have reset my game to the beginning of the chapter (just being told by the thieves about the money they want, etc). Any solutions would be helpful!

Thanks!

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    My answer to you is:

Sincerely you're hard fucked. Sorry for the truth bro, unless you have an previous save to the glitch.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Do you have a save game you can upload? If you have one prior to encountering the bug, that would be great as well.

Couple more questions:
    1. What operating system are you using?
    2. Are you using any mods?
    3. What version of the game are you running?
    4. How long ago did you start the game? (just in case it is related to the memory leak bug)
  • anderscandersc Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2013
    I'm using OS X Mavericks. I haven't modded or changed anything from the original download. I started the game maybe a week ago. What types of files can I upload as a saved game?

I have to go back pretty far to get one without the glitch, before I started the tower at all it seems.
    @andersc, one prior to Watcher's Keep will be okay. It is mainly just to make sure whether it is to do with the game itself or something that went wrong with the save. If you could upload both that and the one where you can see the bug, it will help us better determine what happened.

This forum accepts archives, so zip\rar\7-zip. It's best to archive the actual save game folder (e.g. 000000006-My Save Game) rather than the contained GAM or SAV files individually. Then just attach the archives using the attach a file link below the comment box.
  • anderscandersc Member Posts: 3
    Thanks. Tower quest is right before I started, and there is nothing wrong with that game.
    @Gate70, I saw it, but I've been trying to figure out what happens to cause it. No luck yet, unfortunately. I'll keep at this and see if I can narrow down what the cause is (it's code, I know that much, since it also completely resets the world map and removes Watcher's Keep).

In the meantime, @andersc, there's a fixed save game attached.