Skip to content

Varshoon

2»

Comments

• RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    It's a bit difficult I would make a psionic character the way you want Varshoon then open eekeeper and copy everything the character has on Varshoon. That's the only way I could think of. @Aurelazza
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Psonic powers are too overpowered in BG2 (at least how the mind flayers use them) so i don't know if a psonic kit would be enjoynable with this ammount of power.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    It would, I guess, but Kwiat's mod uses many scripts and I'm afraid it won't work for characters other than Player1.
  • AurelazzaAurelazza Member Posts: 8
    So, what if I were to use eeKeeper to make Varshoon exportable, export him, then use his character file as Player 1 in a new game? Then I could use the method that @Rajick suggested to make Player 1 Varshoon a Psion, then export Varshoon again re-import him into a multiplayer game as a Character 6. Could that conceivably work?
    You really need to ask @Kwiat_W
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

Is Varshoon intended to be recruitable through the Pocket Plane in ToB? Sometimes I've been able to recruit him through there, other times not. I have a bunch of other (mostly NPC) mods installed, so I don't know if a conflict with another mod is causing this discrepancy.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

Is Varshoon intended to be recruitable through the Pocket Plane in ToB? Sometimes I've been able to recruit him through there, other times not. I have a bunch of other (mostly NPC) mods installed, so I don't know if a conflict with another mod is causing this discrepancy.

LOL, I JUST figured out the reason for this inconsistency:

You need a certain amount of intellect to be able to summon him.

Anyway, great looking mod!
    Hah, sure! :) Ittook me a while to notice a new post here, but... well, I suppose you found the answer on your own. Enjoy! :)
  • GnollGnoll Member Posts: 24
    So I am considering an evil playthrough with a soulknife kit mod, which is basically a thief kit that allows the PC to summon a blade of energy using psychic powers. I was interested in doing this with the BG2 mod for the illithid NPC, Varshoon.

From a roleplay perspective, if anyone has used this mod, and please no real spoilers, but is there every any mention of potential psychic ability or high intelligence with the player character being "unique"?

On the one hand this seems like a great match from a roleplay perspective, but on the other hand, it is also maybe kind of weird if a somewhat psychic character met an illithid and they didn't seem to recognize this fact between them, or at least there was some kind of reference to the player character being unique or special?

Thanks, and I appreciate it as this is kind of a weird/niche question haha.