Skip to content

What platform will you be playing on?

Chromatic5Chromatic5 Member Posts: 30
Just curious what platform the majority of people will be playing on. If purchasing more than one which, i.e. multi platform, which will be your primary?
  1. What platform will you be playing on?175 votes
    1. Windows
      81.14%
    2. Mac
        9.14%
    3. iPad
        8.00%
    4. Android
        1.71%

Comments

• AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    Windows PC. I always have and likely always will.
  • Chromatic5Chromatic5 Member Posts: 30
    I just bought the new iPad, so I'll be playing on that primarily. I'm a bit nervous on how easy to control/enjoy it will be. I'm also buying for pc, to support beamdog towards BG2EE and hopefully BG3,plus if I can't stomach on the iPad I can fall back on my pc as needed.
    I'm curious how fun the game will be on a tablet, though with a reliable stylus I cannot imagine there being too many problems. If you are like me and pause the game often (perhaps even "too" often), you can easily offset the lack of hotkeys.
  • Chromatic5Chromatic5 Member Posts: 30
    That's actually are really good idea, I hadn't thought about using a stylus, but i'm definitely going to pick one up. And, yes I do pause "too often" :) , so I think I'll be alright without the hot keys.

That's actually are really good idea, I hadn't thought about using a stylus, but i'm definitely going to pick one up. And, yes I do pause "too often" :) , so I think I'll be alright without the hot keys.

Haha, yes. I pause when combat starts, when there is a death, a serious injury, a significant debuff, another enemy appears or if anyone enters into an area where I might be casting a spell, after every spell cast, and after I detect a trap.

I may have even left something out, lol.

• Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    MACbook pro and ipad3 , I'll probably buy the iPad version first as I'm so curious to try out the new interface with touch input. It'll be really interesting to see how well BG sells on the iTunes app store.

MACbook pro and ipad3 , I'll probably buy the iPad version first as I'm so curious to try out the new interface with touch input. It'll be really interesting to see how well BG sells on the iTunes app store.

I may be a Windows enthusiast, but I hope that BG sells well on *all* fronts.

• Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950

A stylus for the iPad 3? That might be a good idea. Tasks such as clicking on hidden items or small inventory icons may be much easier with a stylus rather than my fingers. Any suggestions on a decent stylus to use with the ipad3 ?

A stylus for the iPad 3? That might be a good idea. Tasks such as clicking on hidden items or small inventory icons may be much easier with a stylus rather than my fingers. Any suggestions on a decent stylus to use with the ipad3 ?

I've heard nothing but great feedback about the "Applydea Maglus" stylus from my friends that have a tablet.

• WhatTheFluffWhatTheFluff Member Posts: 1

If all you are using it for is BG. Get the cheapest thing possible because it won't really matter. I use a pogo sketch pro though, it's an amazing stylus for art. Works better than anything else I've tried.
  • inweinwe Member Posts: 79
    Hey... I can't vote twice :-P, My vote goes to iPad and Mac platforms.. hopefully iCloud saves will be added soon :-). I'm curious about the gaming experience of playing between an 27" iMac and 9,7" iPad (retina).
  • oldsch00loldsch00l Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 192
    First for the Mac at home. We have a windows PC in the break room at work so it's an easy cross platform save game I might buy the windows version later on. I don't have a iPad (yet).
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited August 2012
    Sitting in a comfortable desk chair at a desk, with a nice sized monitor in front of me placed on a desktop (i.e., that I don't have to hold in my hands), and using a mouse is the only way I think I would want to play this game. I mean one day I may have a go also at playing the game on the big screen in the living room (which would also be via Windows PC), or on an iPad. But I overall I prefer the ergonomics of a desktop for any sort of computer gaming.
  • MalbortusMalbortus Member Posts: 106
    edited August 2012
    I'm Android minded and am looking forward to playing this on a tablet during long flights and business trips.

It was surprising to see I was the only one voting for Android (so far)! I hope it sells really well there -- as on all platforms. I'll probably be getting the PC version as well just to show my support.
    Post edited by Malbortus on
  • DuranDuran Member Posts: 15
    Windows since it is my gaming rig, nice big monitor, comfortable leather chair, and powerful surround speaking with Minsc shouting Go For the Eyes Boo. Go for the EYES!
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    Windows and maybe Android :)
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    And Mac
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    There should be an option for more than one...

I will probably be playing on Windows only, I've postponed buying the Mac version to see how well supported by the mod community it will be.

The same about the IPad version. I want to see if they'll find a way for it to support mods and I want to see how the controls translated in a touch interface.
  • pklooppkloop Member Posts: 113
    Windows but I might buy it for my Droid tablet too..want to see how the interface pans out first though..
    As a serial pause give orders every round kinda guy I'm not sure how this would play out on a 10in tablet..

Ah hell..knowing me I'll probably buy the droid version anyway just cause I'm a huge fanboy..
  • SixSix Member Posts: 33
    Looks quite neat to play this type of game on an ipad or android but as I am unlikely to ever buy one of those I'll stick to my pc.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Windows. I have played every Infinity Engine game on Windows, and I see no reason to change. Plus, I love messing with the game files when I'm done playing, and that's harder to do on other platforms.
  • Silver_MoonSilver_Moon Member Posts: 72
    edited August 2012
    Also, my choice is Windows platform. Also got PS Vita and SONY PlayStation 2, but both of them with no BG EE. But ,there is Baldurs GAte Dark Alliance 1,2 for PS2. Action RPG, Hack and Slash.
    I am very happy with this platforms, and don`t want to buy any new consoles/machines and etc....

But, as i heard somedays, before, from day to day IPAD going to be very interesting for gamers platform.
    With BG EE in collection once more "plus" going to Apple IPad.

But, all this IPADS are "nothing for me" )))) , because of i already have all systems i wanted and don`t hve too much time to play them a lot.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    PC Windows the way games are meant to be played. Even though this game won't stress out my mod-ranged system.
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    As long as microsoft doesnt ruin windows I'll always be in windows, but I'am very aware of linux in case windows go wrong.
  • LediathLediath Member Posts: 125
    Anduine said:

Haha, yes. I pause when combat starts, when there is a death, a serious injury, a significant debuff, another enemy appears or if anyone enters into an area where I might be casting a spell, after every spell cast, and after I detect a trap.

I may have even left something out, lol.

who else plays without pausing at all? *raises hand*
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I have to pause. I have to get my spells ready and target the enemies. :\
  • LediathLediath Member Posts: 125
    I think everyone should at least try the no pause thing, definitely good frantic fun :)
    Suuuuure I may accidentally misclick the fireball on minsc once or twice, but c'mon who doesn't.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The only moment I pause is when a new enemy appears... otherwise it's realtime for me :)

One of the reasons I'd like to see better AI for the NPCs in the group...
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    Play...without...pausing?
    My God.
    I think I need to lie down.
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    Lediath said:

I think everyone should at least try the no pause thing, definitely good frantic fun :)
    Suuuuure I may accidentally misclick the fireball on minsc once or twice, but c'mon who doesn't.

I think pause is half the game :|