Skip to content

What platform will you be playing on?

2»

Comments

• LediathLediath Member Posts: 125
    haha yeah, I set everyone to passive and give orders in real time, sometimes its works, sometimes it doesn't =P

atm, I'm trying a play through with no pauses, and no save/load on failed encounters (but playing on normal so no perma death). So far so good, only one death... stupid anomen...
  • MuninMunin Member Posts: 95
    Windows with hdmi output to 32" screen. Everything else looks good on it so far so I can hardly wait.
  • GASH505GASH505 Member Posts: 2
    looks like all be getting it on android.
  • Chromatic5Chromatic5 Member Posts: 30
    Munin said:

Windows with hdmi output to 32" screen. Everything else looks good on it so far so I can hardly wait.

I plan to output my ipad to my 32" LED, and see how that works as well. Might be interesting.

• LediathLediath Member Posts: 125
    wow some srsly hardware being posted :)
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    Primarily on Windows7 but I will get an Ipad copy just to play with :D
  • SmodLvrSmodLvr Member Posts: 21
    I was required to purchase, specifically, a MacBook Pro as part of school supplies as a music major after a lifetime of Windows. It looks like I'm going to be spending a lot of down time on campus with this near useless (for gaming) machine. But that means I'll get a chance to really delve into the Forgotten Realms, between classes and work, of course :) I'm so happy this is being released for Mac. Thanks guys and gals.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @SmodLvr

You can install Windows on a Macbook Pro. Actually that's how I pretend to play, installing it on my bootcamp partition.

If you have access to Microsoft's Academic Program your Windows license may even be free...
  • SmodLvrSmodLvr Member Posts: 21
    mlnevese said:

@SmodLvr

You can install Windows on a Macbook Pro. Actually that's how I pretend to play, installing it on my bootcamp partition.

If you have access to Microsoft's Academic Program your Windows license may even be free...

I'll definitely check that out, thanks. I just got this comp a few days ago so I've just been feeling my way around a bit. For the life of me I can't understand why I have to quit every app after I close the window.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited August 2012
    @SmodLvr

Different philosophy. The windows in Mac Os is just a window... you may close it and keep the program running. You'll get used to it and in time you'll be asking yourself why Windows can't do that. I ask myself all the time :)

Just wait until you start using workplaces and see how much time they save when you're working :)
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    mostelly PC probably a bit on iPad
  • RerelRerel Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2012
    I already bought the PC version in pre-order for my dad who will be glad to discover the new characters i hope (baldur's gate is a family business :-) for me too).

I will buy the Mac version for me as soon as it's on the appstore and play all september.

I will wait for the comments of iPad owners before buying it on this platform too :D
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    It`ll be windows. hoping for a linux client though.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    I thought Id bump this thread, as I was about to make my own poll anyway. I think Beamdog is going to have a huge success on android as there is a real lack of proper games for this platform, the closest is FF3(!) and various annoying pay-to-win games (IMHO). The android market i becoming rather huge as well... With ASUS and Kindle fire etc =)