Skip to content

Using EE Keeper to use your favorite BG1EE NPC Party in BG2EE

2»

Comments

• VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    I highly recommend everone to make the're NPC party in your BG1EE final-save exportable. I mean the highiest levels for Xzar and other BG1 NPC's is set a level 6 that come prepacked in chitin.key file. But in my save game I got Xzar to level 8 and my Xzar had all the spells that "I" gave him. And you can always after exporting them into characters files and use EEKeeper to open there character files and go to the tools setting and select convert to creature option if you ever just want to spawn them in that way or mod them.
    Love EEKeeper.

To KidCarnival
    All NPC soundsets from BG1 need to be in the BG2EE override folder for them to work and yes there is subtitles in the game.
    So if you want the real Eldoth as the Charname. Make him exportable with EEKeeper.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Vasculio said:

I highly recommend everone to make the're NPC party in your BG1EE final-save exportable.

Thanks for the downloads!

If I'm not mistaken, even after making the NPCs exportable using EE keeper, you still need to reload the final save in BG1 and then manually export the characters, correct? Because it seems BG2 will still only import a player generated char directly from a saved game, even if there are other exportable chars.
    edited January 2014

Vasculio said:

I highly recommend everone to make the're NPC party in your BG1EE final-save exportable.

Thanks for the downloads!

If I'm not mistaken, even after making the NPCs exportable using EE keeper, you still need to reload the final save in BG1 and then manually export the characters, correct? Because it seems BG2 will still only import a player generated char directly from a saved game, even if there are other exportable chars.
    You don't have to use the final save, whatever save you have Eldoth in the party is fine.
    But when you edit the save game in EEKeeper, it going to give you a ideal back up save name to save it as, so you don't mess up the original save.
    So save it as the EEKeeper recommends. Start up BG and load the new save from the EEKeeper. Then you can export your Eldoth.

From my understanding. You should be able to import Eldoth in single player as himself. But your exporting them in game as characters. But they will have all there NPC lines and scripts stored.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I'm using the version that Eudaemonium exported with NI. I had trouble getting the Create Poison Arrows ability to work properly. It's pointless now in BG2, where that ability simply disappeared alltogether after working fine in BG1 and there's no need to be the "real" Eldoth as charname (which does indeed work in single player in both games). But I'll definitely use this method for Xzar, saves me the hassle to get his tome stats and dual-to-cleric setup right.
  • firebringerfirebringer Member Posts: 25
    Since the DropBox custom soundsets got mentioned in this thread, I have to ask...has anyone seen a version of The Nameless One (Torment's main character) that works with EE? The DropBox has a couple of the Torment voicesets (Annah, Ignus) but I don't think I saw TNO. Anybody know where I could get a TNO soundset updated to work with EE?
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    @firebringer - According to the list, the dropbox has "all BG1, BG2, TOB, PST, IWD" (and possibly NWN?) sets. Not all are named properly though, and I haven't tried all. A few also seem to require renaming (i.e. there is one named thief1.wav and so on, missing the letter - those will only play if you change to thief1a.wav). It's likely tedious to look through all for a specific voice, but there's a good chance it's there.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    OK ... I need more elaboration on this. This sounds awesome, but I'm confused.

The voice set override in particular. Like OK you gave a program to do it but ehmmm ... I'm on a Mac so an .exe program ain't gonna do me much good
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Perhaps @AstroBryGuy could wrap it in a Mac .app file for you? If he has the time, that is.
    Vasculio said:

Vasculio said:

Even though the BG2 NPC's don't have pyshical dialog with Xzar and Montaron. They do somehow many to piss them off... some manage to get Xzar to call them a Harlot lol

One potential issue I've come across is that it seems the imported NPCs will just walk off and disappear permanently if you remove them from your party. Not that I necessarily intend to remove them, but I'm worried about what could happen if they get petrified and then I have to talk to them again to re-recruit them. Did you run into any issues like this?
    Download this into your override folder. Will fix that problem.

Are there any other downloads that you recommend using in the override folder?
    Quartz said:

The voice set override in particular. Like OK you gave a program to do it but ehmmm ... I'm on a Mac so an .exe program ain't gonna do me much good

I could WinRAR them for you if you like. Just tell me what all soundsets you want.

Vasculio said:

Vasculio said:

Even though the BG2 NPC's don't have pyshical dialog with Xzar and Montaron. They do somehow many to piss them off... some manage to get Xzar to call them a Harlot lol

One potential issue I've come across is that it seems the imported NPCs will just walk off and disappear permanently if you remove them from your party. Not that I necessarily intend to remove them, but I'm worried about what could happen if they get petrified and then I have to talk to them again to re-recruit them. Did you run into any issues like this?
    Download this into your override folder. Will fix that problem.

Are there any other downloads that you recommend using in the override folder?
    Just the files I already attached.

Vasculio said:

Quartz said:

I could WinRAR them for you if you like. Just tell me what all soundsets you want.

Uhh. Uhh. Uhh!! OK thank you! I will just get back to you on this when I actually decide :P
    edited March 2014
    Quartz said:

This sounds awesome, ...

I agree, I especially like the fact that I can give the BG1 tomes to other NPCs without feeling like I'm wasting them. I'm looking forward to starting off BG2 with a 19 strength Kivan or an 18-19 wisdom Branwen in my party.

Just imagine a 19 str Kivan tearing his way through BG2, dual wielding the Daystar in one hand and the Blade of Roses in another!
    @SharGuidesMyHand Shit yes, I always gave Kivan that Strength Tome. Far too fun.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    This is really interesting! Thanks for sharing with the group.
    edited October 2018
    Since the update to 2.0 infinity engine. I can't import my Xzar and Montaron character files in the game the same way as before without being forced to use the default pc soundsets. So i decide to use the EE Keeper to export them from the party as creature files in the override folder.
    ...And i know who they will be replacing very soon. Thinking about maybe using Shar-teel to take Xzar spot at the docks. Yes... i know it breaks further harper plot. But since im playing the Blackguard. Viconia is my healer.

I like this a whole lot better... sure... they have the MultiG.dlg & MultiJ.dlg assigned to them. But it works for me >:)

Shar-teel is back!

How i manage this... Note to Self
    Why the lengthy process?
    Well... it depends on how you want your npc to spawn in world.
    The "identifier" is not aligned to the area that the npc is spawned.
    The spawned npc will automatically walk to the party if he or she has the DPLAYER script assigned to them. If not... he or she will stay still... but they won't respond to you either.
    Then you're force to Ctrl + Q the npc into your party.
    But i don't won't to have to Ctrl + Q him or her. Or track me down to join.

1. I open my BGEE or BGSoD game with Xzar outside the party in EE Keeper assigned

2. Went to Tools and selected "Edit Out of Party..."

3. Once in "Edit Out of Party..." i selected "Convert to Cre"

4. Then i save the cre file in the override folder i made in Baldurs Gate 2 EE

5. Once i loaded my game, My spawn NPC can't in-gauge conversations. So i Ctrl + Q him to the party

6. Once in my party i gave him the boot. And ditch him in the spot the near the spawn area.

7. Around this time i saved a temp save with him out of the party. keeping my backup previous save to spawn him again when ready.

8. This time i open the new save in the Baldurs Gate 2 game.

9. Then once again i selected "Edit Out of Party..." to convert to cre and to override the previous Xzar cre file.

With the updated script setup and the new "identifier" my npc was ready to spawn again. But this time. Staying put and i can talk to him like a multi player pc character.

I wish i could have carried over the npc dialogs from SoD. But i would need a modder to show me how... but this will do for now...

Post edited by Vasculio on