Skip to content

Black Pits Questions

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @CrevsDaak my friend I need ur EEkeeper expertise!

I was just testing the above Black Pits party to make sure the EEkeeper'd characters would work properly... And my Kensai/Druid works fine :D ... but sadly Otori Takeo (Fighter/Thief) doesn't...

In particularly I cannot use any of the mage spells I assigned to replicate the abilities that I wanted to simulate. In particular Mislead and Sleep, which are ideal for simulating his Split Image skill and Kikuta Sleep gaze.

Is there anyway I can overcome this with EEkeeper? Without resorting to heavy-duty modding.

Thanks!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Heindrich1988 I think I'll be able to help, just tell me which abilities you want her to have and link the CHR in a zip/rar.
    This will need Near Infinity, not only EEkeeper, so I'll do it if you'd like.
    If you want you can upload a save game so I can test everything.
    edited January 2014
    @CrevsDaak

Erm... super noob question... I've created a rar folder... but how do I upload it to the forum?

Edit: nvm... just saw the attach option. I guess that's it, lol.
    The rar contains character files for my Fighter/Thief and Kensai/Druid, as well as a saved game where I tested all 6 characters, and used EEkeeper to add xp to make sure they level up properly.

Anyway this is the finalised (hopefully) information for the characters:

Otori Takeo - Half-Elf Fighter/Thief*
    Str: 14
    Dex: 18
    Con: 12
    Int: 15
    Wis: 10
    Cha: 15
    This is how he took shape with the help of forumites :)

* Special Abilities (Once per day) at Thief Levels

All implemented as Innate Abilities

lv1:
    + Sleep (Innate Ability)

lv4: (10,000 xp)
    + Invisibility (Innate Ability)
    + Poison Weapon (Innate Ability)

lv7: (80,000 xp)
    + Improved Invisibility (Innate Ability)

lv13: (1,320,000 xp)
    + Mislead (Arcane Spell)

lv20: (4,400,000 xp)
    + Simulacrum (Arcane Spell)

The problem of course is that Sleep, Mislead and Simulacrum are implemented as Mage spells, and a Fighter/Thief doesn't even have mage spells available, so I cannot access them even if I assign them to the character.

If u can somehow make the abilities appear in the Innate Abilities UI, then that'd be great.

I was planning to manually active the abilities as I reached the appropriate xp. But if u can somehow trigger those automatically without too much effort, then that'd be great! (Don't worry if it's too tedious, it's not important).

Encase u can help me with automatically activating abilities, I included the file for the Kensai/Druid too.

Her details are:

'Little Dragon' - Half-Elf Kensai/Druid*
    Str: 14
    Dex: 18
    Con: 12
    Int: 14
    Wis: 12
    Cha: 15

*Special Abilities (Once Per Day) at Druid Levels:

lv1:
    + Hold Person (Innate)
    +Slow Poison (Innate)

lv4: (15,000 xp)
    + Poison Weapon (Innate)

+ Blur (Innate)

lv5: (25,000 xp)
    + Summon Insects (Priest Spell)

+ Offensive Spin (Innate)

lv9: (180,000xp)
    + Insect Plague (Priest Spell)

lv14: (3,000,000 xp)
    + Creeping Doom (Priest Spell)

With her it's not so difficult because she can use druid spells anyway, so the only difference should be that she'd get a free Summon Insect, Insect Plague and Creeping Doom when she reaches those levels.

@CrevsDaak

The above file missed the saved game... This one shud have everything.

edited January 2014
    *Quasit voice on*
    @Heindrich1988 files? Don't tell you got not files! Me files hungry, files, files tastes like ssschiken! Hmmm yesh!
    *Quasit voice off*
    EDIT: oh NVM, I had to reload!
    *Quasit voice on*
    FIIIIILEESH!!!
    *Quaist voice off*
    edited January 2014
    okay, I can't add those as arcane spells but as Innate arcane spells, I have to create them with NI.
    about the abilities, per level, I think this will take time, gotta take a look.
    Are you OK if I ask you to make some heavy modding for them, you won't be able to play much those classes without getting those bonuses if I do so, but you delete a file and it is gone.

ok, i'll tweak thieves' abilities/level table.
    and druid's!!!
    @CrevsDaak

I was hoping to avoid anything complicated for this, because I am in the middle of an unmodded multiplayer game, so I don't wanna mess around with the core game for now.

If I can't add Arcane spells for the Fighter/Thief, I'll give him a few new innate abilities instead of Sleep, Mislead and Simulacrum.

lv1:
    + Shadow Step

lv4: (10,000 xp)
    + Mirror Image
    + Invisibility (Innate Ability)
    + Poison Weapon (Innate Ability)

lv7: (80,000 xp)
    + Improved Invisibility (Innate Ability)

lv9: (180,000 xp)
    + True Sight
    edited January 2014
    @Heindrich1988 no, the thing is from the tables, not from the spells, I'll use a code so they don't cause trouble with other mods (if you had any...).
    Also, which classes are you playing? Maybe it does not get in the middle...
    anyway, I have to assign some little stuff to the spells, but the table is finished and it gives the abilities.image
    OK
    now evrything work 10 points,
    DO YOU WANT INVISIBILITY AND IMPROVED INVISIBILITY CASTER-ONLY OR IT CAN BE TARGETED??
    also, do you want Poison Weapon to break invisibility or not?
    @CrevsDaak

Wow really? And I don't need to edit anything on my end with Near Infinity??

Those 2 characters are part of the Black Pits party. The party leader is just a pure mage (Lilly Black), if it matters.
    edited January 2014
    yeah yeah, I know,
    DO YOU WANT INVISIBILITY AND IMPROVED INVISIBILITY CASTER-ONLY OR IT CAN BE TARGETED??
    also, do you want Poison Weapon to break invisibility or not? and, also, do you think a different table for thieves will interfere with your MP or not? I'll make another for the druid/kensai with the druid table.
    sorry my Quasit manners, i'm in a hurry.
    and Im a gud moddr! and a nize Quasit!
    @CrevsDaak

Takeo's abilities are self-cast only. Poison shouldn't break invisibility, but it should disrupt spell casting as usual.

I don't really understand what you are doing with 'tables'. But yes there's a Fighter/Thief in our multiplayer group, so obviously I don't want to give him random new abilities :D or worse, crash the game.
    @Heindrich1988 self invisibility :P upon casting, when you cast it you are no loner invis? do you want this or no? I don't know another way of doing this, UNLESS you want to class your Fighter/Thief... Tell me if so.
    @CrevsDaak

If that's too difficult to implement, just make it a normal invisibility/improved invis spell, I will only ever cast it at himself anyway, so it doesn't matter if it is restricted or not.
    edited January 2014
    @Heindrich1988 no, no, it will be way easier, but, do you want to kit him so it don't interfers with your multiplayer game, there is no other way.
    making the table is easy, just the thing is the MP game, if you are willing to give him a Thief kit OR you are going to put the table and take it out for every MP session in your override folder.
    @CrevsDaak

What may seem easy to u is completely impossible for me right now, since I haven't tried any Near Infinity yet.

If u can specify which files to add and remove from the override folder each time I play MP, that's fine as well. But will whatever changes u make work for BG 2 EE as well? Do I just copy the same table into the BG 2 EE over-ride folder?
    @Heindrich1988 all the spells might need a rework just to make the descriptions and the names work, I'll try it in some moments, I'll work on the druid's then.
    the file name is CLABTH01.2DA, you'll only need it when Otori levels up in his thief class.
    I;m using your first suggestion about the table.
    @CrevsDaak

You are like the nicest Chaotic Evil thing I've ever met! :)

Honestly don't worry about it if it's a lot of work. I can make do with just using a few different Innate abilties and manually activating them at level-ups if it's difficult to essentially create a new kit/class. And if it's anything complex to use, I might be too dumb to use it anyway :D

But yeah... if it's not too much effort, and if u enjoy modding, then of course I'd be really happy if u can help me pull it off 'properly'.
    @Heindrich1988 yeah, I do enjoy it a lot :D
    I've told you, it will be easier making a table with the abilities (I already made it, so...), but if you want to avoid that table to interfer from in the MP game, we can mod the table from a different Thief Kit, not create one, and by doing so you don't have to take in and out the table from the override folder.
    Manual activation at level up is more messy AND I consider it CHEATING as many others do.
    I could mod a thief kit to become ultra-kwel for you, it is easy too, and I could release it in a weidu.
    edited January 2014
    @CrevsDaak

Ok, I don't entirely understand everything u just said :)

But... u can do it however u prefer. I don't mind manually adding a file from the over-ride folder each time I want to use these 2 characters.

If it would make it easier for u to just edit a kit existing in the game, u can edit the Shadow Dancer, which I will likely never use, so I don't care if the kit is changed specifically for Takeo.

Or as I said, if u enjoy creating classes/kits, I'd be happy to see u implement my "Fighter/Thief with some extra Illusion spells" and "Kensai/Druid" as custom mods, and release them for others to use. Though if these kits were used with min/max'd stats, the characters would be pretty OP. The only reason I think they are balanced is cos of the woeful stats I've given them, like 12 Wisdom on a druid!

Edit:
    Oh and if u wanna edit a Druid Kit into what I want for the Kensai/Druid, feel free to pick apart the Avenger. That's another class I am unlikely to ever use.
    edited January 2014
    Working over a kit will give you the "Fighter/Thief kit you are using" class name, and it will have different effects on it, which will cause trouble, if you choose Swashbuckler you'll loose the Backstab, and if you choose another you'll need heavy modding, it is up to you to choose which kit you want to change AND what things you will change.
    If you are not using a Druid in your MP run we can override that one without problems.
    EDIT: higher stats don't make a character OP.
    @CrevsDaak

Better stats sure doesn't hurt thought :P A Str 19 Half-Orc gets a massive +3 THAC0 and +7 dmg compared to poor Takeo with Str 14.

We don't have a druid currently, but I will use Jaheira in the future, so I don't wanna mess with anything too fundamental.
    @Heindrich1988 do you want to use a Druid kit for her? And which Thief kit do you want me to mod?
    @CrevsDaak

I've never used any fancy druid kits, or modded any ingame NPCs. U can mod Avenger if u want. Or Totemic. Just avoid Shapeshifter cos I don't wanna mess up Cernd.

As for Thief, I'll never use a Shadow Dancer, so I don't mind if u modded that.
    @Heindrich1988 but by modding the Shadowdancer he will have Hide in Plain Sight.....

i'll do that in the Avenger kit.
    CrevsDaak said:

@Heindrich1988 but by modding the Shadowdancer he will have Hide in Plain Sight.....

@CrevsDaak
    As long as it doesn't mess with anything else in the game, that's fine. Takeo is basically a Fighter/Thief with supernatural abilties for stealth/invisibility and illusions, and a gaze that puts people to sleep.

He is from a novel series called the Tales of the Otori. Really good, if u ever wanted to read about him. :)
    @Heindrich1988 so, should I remove the Invisibility and Improved invisibility spells? I'll add some more Sleep spells, you can also give him Command if you'd like.
    @CrevsDaak

Why remove the invisibility spells?

Command is like Hold Person isn't it? I don't think he had any mind control abilties...
    @Heindrich1988 because you'll be able to get invisible at will with Hide In Plain Sight, so you might not need it.
    Command makes a single creature to sleep for a single round.
    @CrevsDaak

Oh... I had no idea. Wait so Hide in Plain Sight is a Shadow Dancer innate ability? Is it available at lv1? Can u backstab whilst invisible using HiPS?

Oh and actually Command sounds ideal! I never had a Cleric in BG 1, so never actually tried it. I didn't realise it was a single target Sleep spell! That's ideal. U can use Command to replace Sleep then, which is a bit OP to represent 'Kikuta gaze'. However, 1 use per day seems a bit harsh for an ability Takeo could more or less use at will. So if u give him a reasonable number of commands as he levels up, that'd be better.