Skip to content

Black Pits Questions

13»

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Heindrich1988 yeah, you can backstab with a lower multiplier I can increase for you.
    That's why I was saying command, it is cooler, and for higher levels I can give him the BG2 improved version of it.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    By Mystra!!! You've done it!!! @CrevsDaak is the best Crevspenar ever! No wait... apologies... Lord of Chaos! Your powers are astounding!

I have just tested Otori Takeo and Xiaolongnu/Dragon Maiden by assigning xp with EE Keeper... and they both seem to work perfectly!

EE Keeper showed an error message... "Some spells assigned to this character are not found in the database. If you save this character those spells will not be saved." But I am guessing this just relates to HLAs? I tried to level up both of them to Epic levels, and it crashed for Takeo, because I couldn't select any HLAs (none available). Other than that it seems to work perfectly! XD

THANKS SO MUCH Crevs!
    edited January 2014
    Your welcome!
    @Heindrich1988 wait, you'll have the backstab messed up, let me make a fix for that and I'll send it to you.
    The missing spells must be because they are not in the chitin.key (where everything is listed) and I don't know if EEKeeper lists the stuff in the override folder too (worth asking @Troodon80).
    HLAs are not available in BG:EE, only in BG2:EE.
    @CrevsDaak

Oh yeah a question about Hide in Plain Sight to replace the invisbility spells... I don't see a specific activated ability button for it. Is it just the same as the normal thief stealth button?

Does it ever fail? Is there any point improving Hide in Shadows and Move Silently if Takeo already has Hide in Plain Sight?
    @Heindrich1988 it is like normal stealth, I recommend you to put points in Hide In shadows only, as you can enter the shadows while being watched so there is no need of move silently.
    Just I'll update the Shadowdancer's backstab to get better in BG:EE (it is bugged).
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited January 2014
    @CrevsDaak, yes it does list files within the override folder.

@Heindrich1988, I haven't actually read everything that's in here. Just took a look because I was mentioned (I typically stick to just the bug sub-forum). What save game/character was it where you had the error message with Keeper? I tried a save game that was on the previous page, but didn't have any problems.
    edited January 2014
    @Troodon80

It is the save named:

"000000087-Crevs edited this for H1988"

Edit: I just unzipped it, copied the folder into my BG EE Saved Games folder and loaded it to test if the 2 modded characters would level up as expected, by opening up the save with EE Keeper and adding xp.
    @Heindrich1988, looks like a mod. Files are C_DSPFH, C_DHFH, and C_DCFH. This can happen if you have a large number of mods installed (do you?).

It can also happen if you had previously installed, used, and subsequently uninstalled a mod. This leaves the save game 'dirty', for lack of a better term.
    @Troodon80

Nope... I've never modded my game except portraits... The only 'mods' are those introduced by Crevs in that BG EE folder.
    @Heindrich1988, okay. I copied all the files to the override directory, everything works fine in Keeper.

edited January 2014
    @Troodon80 *sigh* those files are the things I've created for him.
    And I prefer to say that the save game is "corrupted".
    Now, the fix for the Shadowdancer's backstab.
    This won't cause any type of problem, I only took it from BG2:EE that has it correct.
    About the files names: C_D is for Crevs Daak, then you have from one to two letters that identify the spell and FH means For Heindrich1988.

@Troodon80
    This is the error message I get... And the innate abilities don't show up like in ur screencap. However, when I levelled up the characters in BG EE, they did get the skills I had expected.
    @CrevsDaak, I was more checking to make sure Keeper was reading the files due to the error being reported, and it was. That's good enough for me. I'll let you get back to what you were doing. If you need anything else, give me a shout. :-)
    @CrevsDaak

Thanks! I guess I shud stick it in the BG EE override folder?

I'm pretty sure everything works anyway. As I said, I only got a message with EE Keeper. Thanks again Crevs!
    edited January 2014
    @Heindrich1988, that screenshot says 1.0.1. I would advise you grab one of the more recent builds I have uploaded; preferably 1.0.2.3. You can find them linked here. If you need any other assistance getting that set up, you can either PM me or post in that topic. :-)
    @Troodon80

Oh... I didn't realise EEkeeper was being updated so regularly too XD. Thanks for the headsup!
    @Heindrich1988 your welcome! That goes in the BGEE override, yes.