Skip to content

Irrational love for particular spells.

124»

Comments

• CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Magic Missile, Fireball, and Cloudkill. I know those spells lack wit and subtlety, but they get stuff done.

Also honourable mention to Malavon's Rage from Icewind Dale. I've rarely used it because it easily harms one's allies, but I love it for the fact that it's a unique spell you have to conquer from its creator. :)
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    I really like the Summon Wyvern spell cause I think those critters just look badass... except the summoned ones are flimsy as wet paper :(
  • BlackLinxBlackLinx Member Posts: 668
    edited March 2014
    I thought a little for a spell that I really like to use during my wanderings along the Sword Coast and I have to say that I finally made ​​my choice: having a cleric's pc, I have as an immense feeling of power in the cast of the "combo" Protection from Evil, 10' Radius + Gate.
    This spell creates always a bit 'of chaos or other problems (they are also welcome casting spells of my mages as fire protection), but, come on, it's irrational love or not?
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Lemernis said:

Since this thread title states "irrational love" I think my main one would probably be Ghoul Touch. It's actually not a terribly effective spell but it's so satisfying to slap it onto the enemy. The spell effect sound is also really neat. And Color Spray is also fun due to its great visual effect. Unfortunate that it tends to cause collateral damage, though.

As for just favorite spells, though... I use pretty much any spell that disables enemy spellcasters!

In BG2 it's more of a countermove chess game, which I enjoy less, actually.

No, I'm with you. I had a lot of fun with ghoul touch in my first playthrough.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Fireball is the classic... The brain says Skull Trap is better, but it just doesn't satisfy the little pyromaniac inside...
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I love Silence, 15' Radius. It actually turned some fights into cheese, the final in Durlag's Tower being one, as it prevented their dialogue, but they were hostile. Then, they had no spells. I didn't even realize how good it would be until it walloped some mage groups (the best was the Tower). Nice...
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    @reedmilfam So agree, Silence is great. I totally forgot about that one!
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Silence is so fantastic indeed that I wouldn't consider any love for it irrational
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @Lemernis I'm not strong with spells, and usually only use clerics for slowing poison and healing sorts of things. This turned out well, to say the least.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Spell Sequencer with three fireballs in it.
    Sure, it's not the most tactical choice, but what fight doesn't become easier with 30d6 fire damage thrown in right from the start? Plus, I like the imagine it as sort of a nuclear blast of fire, with remaining enemies just staring at the wizard (who tossed it with the flick of a wrist) in pure horror.

Other than that, I don't think there's anything irrational about my love for Sleep, Magic Missle, Emotion: Hopelessness, Cloudkill, Time Stop, etc.