Skip to content

Troubleshooting With EE Keeper Baldurs Gate 2: Enhanced Edition Mac

Hey Guys!
Probably a Noob problem, but i have been struggling with EE Keeper for a while now.
I got BG2:EE on Mac and downloaded EE Keeper for a little alteration here and there.
Now for some reason EE Keeper cant find the location where i installed BG2:EE (The file-path) However,
after carefully directing it to the location (where the actual App is) it still wont recognise the filepath!
Ive tried everything from directing it to the save game filepath, everything! Can anyone help me out?
Thanks a million, Cheers
Balthazar

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I think you are missing to mark the dialog.tlk to EEKeeper, under the game's directory there should be a "lang" folder, there you'll have all the languges, select the one you use and set up the directory where the chitin.key is (it will be in the same directory than the lang folder).
  • BalthazarBreyBalthazarBrey Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for responding in advance!

I tried marking the dialog.tlk file with EE Keeper and even when i direct it straight to the Lang folder as you say, still i get the same error message with that file not found!
    And sorry, noob here. How do i set up a directory with chitin.key? I found the file but what do you mean with setting up a directory? I don't get it..
  • BalthazarBreyBalthazarBrey Member Posts: 4
    Hey there CrevsDaak,

So i finally found the correct filepath! Thank you so much for your help!!
    Just another question though! EE Keeper Cant find my save games!
    Are they in a different folder, where should i look?
    Thanks a Million,
    Cheers
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited January 2014
    Which site did you get bg2ee? Mac App Store or Beamdog?

The ee keeper wineskin download has the directories from the Beamdog install. I think for a Mac App Store game, you should set the save game directory to the following location

Z:\Users\USERNAME\Library\Containers\com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition\Data\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\save\

Where USERNAME is whatever your username on your Mac is.

Edit: I saw your other thread. Did you find the save games in your Library/Containers directory? One other thought, do you have any save games other than auto-saves and quick-saves? By default ee keeper ignores those.