Skip to content

Games you are most looking forward to in 2014

Aozgolo108Aozgolo108 Member Posts: 79
I've decided that 2014 will be my big year of games, while there's been a few gems hiding around the last few years I have trouble thinking of a time when I was this excited for new games coming out for at least 10 years. So my big list of games I can't wait to get my grubby hands on:

-Pillars of Infinity (Project Infinity): I don't think this game needs ANY introduction... a classic harken back to Infinity Engine style gameplay? Yes please!

_Torment: Tides of Numenera: Again, the name alone had me reaching for my wallet, I am very excited to play another game that has such a great attention to story and consequences where I can literally spend a whole hour talking to one person.

-Shroud of the Avatar: Lord British is back in full swing baby... A spiritual successor to Ultima is precisely what the nostalgia doctor ordered!

-Star Citizen: I admit I haven't played a space sim since Freelancer, but that game set the bar so high that the only possible person who could top it is the guy who made it... oh yes this is happening!

-Stardew Valley: A Harvest Moon inspired Farming RPG for the PC with actual Co-Op? Oh my yes, yes, yes!

-Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord: I simply can't imagine a single possible way this game could fail. An open world sandbox RPG/RTS where you can literally do or be anything!

A few honorable mentions I'd like to throw out that I'll probably also be getting.

-Divinity: Original Sin
-Broken Age
-Banner Saga
-Warlock 2: The Exiled
-Thief

So what games do you most want to play this year? What are you most excited about?

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Baldur's Gate 2: Thrnoe of Bhaal, with the multikit mod I want to play as Assassin/Kensai/Wild Mage(or something else) in a solo run.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    I'm planning on finally playing Final Fantasy 7, to see what the big deal is. From what I've heard it's to Japanese RPGs what BG was to Western ones.

I think I'll check out Dragon Age too... maybe Skyrim... as you can see I don't follow the gaming scene much :p. My laptop can't run new games anyways.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Currently not too much...

Thi4f (Although nowadays renamed to just Thief, someone thought replacing e with a 4 was a good idea...)

Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain

And I think Jagged Alliance Flashback is set to be released this year...
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    I'm really looking forward to Shadows of Mordor. I'm a sucker for dual-natured protagonists, and anything that adds to the Lord of the Rings universe. I'm hoping it doesn't disappoint when it finally comes out.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Here is the games I'm waiting for:

Pillars of Eternity (Mmm, that Character Sheet.)
    Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (Mostly for the Crusader Class.)
    Loren The Amazon Princess 2 (Or whatever name it'll be going by. Hopefully it comes out in 2014.)
    Divinity: Original Sin (I liked Dragon Commander.)
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    -Pillars of Infinity
    -Torment: Tides of Numenera
    -You Are Not The Hero
    -The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • OxvaOxva Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 80
    - Dark Souls II all the way!
    - Pillars of Eternity
    - WoW: Warlords of Draenor
    - Divinity: Original Sin
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Pillars of Eternity

@nano, FFVII is alright. It was most peoples introduction to the whole JRPG genre so it has a lot of nostalgia love. I prefer FFIX (Zidane & Co), FFVI (Terra and Co), FFIV (Cecil and cC) and FFX (Tidus and Co) over VII in that order.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    oh wow too many. the bigs ones I guess would be:

Dark Souls 2
    Elder Scrolls Online
    Pillars of Eternity
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Mainly these:

The Witcher III - Wild Hunt
    Diablo III - Reaper of Souls
    Oddworld: New 'n Tasty

Although I'm not quite sure how many (or how few) games I'm going to buy.
    I must admit I'll play IWD saga this year.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @typo_tilly can you explain to me what does Adventure Y is?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    CrevsDaak said:

@typo_tilly can you explain to me what does Adventure Y is?

Codename for a new potential bg:ee add on adventure
    edited January 2014
    @typo_tilly wha-?! I prefer Boo to be an ultra-easter egg and be in a forest, with a CRE named "Boo" and he says *squeak* for time to time :P.
    @ajwz thanks!
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited January 2014
    Pillars of eternity. Eternity. Not pillars of infinity. That's not a thing. Neither is project infinity. Getting infinity blade and project eternity mixed up.
    @typo_tilly :D and we should also ask to add @Dee as another forest folk, but he'll say *patch* *patch* *PG-13 forums* instead of Boo's *squeak* :P
  • ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
    Diablo III - Reaper of Souls. Best hack'n'slash getting more content, plus loot 2.0.

Pillars of Eternity. Hope it can capture the feel of old IE games.

Shadows of Mordor. Sounds very interesting.

Watch_dogs. Hopefully brings something new to open world gameplay.

GTA 5 for PC. No bad GTA game yet.

Witcher 3 is intriquing, but I'd have to play the first two through before that.
  • chrstnmonkschrstnmonks Member Posts: 176
    The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
    Pillars of Eternity
    Torment Tides of Numeria
    Dragon age Inquistion
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Does anyone have any news on the project to revive Elite?
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Shadowrun Dragonfall (soon! Trailer will be out next Tuesday)
    As in, today?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Probably Pillars of Eternity as well as the Homeworld EE's.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251

-You Are Not The Hero

I hadn't heard of that one, so I checked it out. I'll be buying it, so thanks!
    The others you mentioned were already on my list.
    Lastly, I'm also getting Shadowrun (Returns & Dragonfall), now that they've implemented save-anywhere.
  • IsandirIsandir Member Posts: 458
    I don't know how you can't be excited about Pillars of Eternity and Torment: Tides of Numenera. They're definitely at the top of the list. I'm getting kind of worried about this year since I have played far fewer games over the last few years and now have those two and several others coming up:

Gabriel Knight: 20th Anniversary Edition: Yep. I just wet my pants.

Dragon Age: Inquisition: I have yet to play through Dragon Age: Origins a second time, have never even played Dragon Age II (even if the reviews weren't as stellar as the first game) and now have to deal with the third one coming out...

Thief: I never even played all the way through the original Thief, but I loved the parts I did try. This looks to be a gorgeous reboot of the series.

1954 Alcatraz: I'm becoming addicted to Daedalic Entertainment's games. They're shaping up to be a new Sierra if they keep this up.

There are a few others I'm forgetting, but these alone will eat up far too much of my time...
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    Not looking for Thi4f like others, sit is so going to be a disappointment, and generic console crap... Plus it is only a Steam release; couldn't get any worse i tell you. Even deadly shadows was noticeably inferior to the first 2 titles and most importantly, the philosophy and mechanics/implementation of its gameplay.

On the other hand, i am waiting for Witcher 3, for a day 1, INSTABUY! The first two titles were astonishingly both popular to new gamers and appealing to old timers, plus sit was legendary and innovative for the entire genre of the RPGs! 3 is going to be the last chapter of the Witcher's newfound life, so i wouldn't loose it for anything!

I am waiting for GTA V. Mostly because it is a remake of San Andreas, the single GREATEST crazy multigenre game i have ever touched! 4 was a disgrace and a real disappointment; i have high hopes for the new one!

Finally, i believe that Broken Sword 5 will be completed, so i can buy it whole. Unfortunately, it is smashed into pieces (episodes) and it is going to be heavily milked, much like the latest monkey island. Even adventures fall prey to modern market malpractices and consumer-hostile policies, damn!

And i await for an announcement about Oddworld: Munchee's Oddyssey HD's development. They halted its development for PC.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I'm also excited for FTL on my iPad.
    Also, don't really pay any attention to the series, but hasn't GTA V already been released?