Skip to content

Phase I: Performance Test, Part Two

Comments

• maaramaara Member Posts: 10
    Very good experience on Nexus 7. The only problem I have is that I can't close the game from the main menu using the back button...
  • bobruk74bobruk74 Member Posts: 5
    Completed!!!
  • Aron740Aron740 Member Posts: 153
    Completed two tests with both my Note 3 and Nexus 10 with no problems. Also I might add that I noticed no slowdowns on the Nexus 10 this time :) Though it could be because I recently did a factory reset but I do not know.
  • maaramaara Member Posts: 10
    Gorion died again - this time on HTC One (5" screen I believe?)...
    Again - no slowdown, no glitch, I only think the cutscene should be zoomed little bit on screens < 7" because it was not very visible and the over head text was not very readable...
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    Excellent excellent I am very pleased to see things moving along! Keep it up everyone!
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    I completed the test on my Nexus 7 and my Tab 2. Both went fine (once I figured out what was "out of bounds"). No performance or graphics glitches.

However, I did this while at work, and then realized I don't have access to wi-fi here. Will the results automatically go through once I'm at home and connected to my wi-fi? Or should I re-do both play tests later?

Disclaimer: I'm happy to help test and get things moving along, I just haven't actually done this using TestFlight before. :)
  • DannyBarkleyDannyBarkley Member Posts: 50
    maara said:

Gorion died again - this time on HTC One (5" screen I believe?)...
    Again - no slowdown, no glitch, I only think the cutscene should be zoomed little bit on screens < 7" because it was not very visible and the over head text was not very readable...

Heh, I see you're encountering the infamous 'Gorion dies' bug.
  • etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61
    Good to hear that it's going well for so many.
  • pekirtpekirt Member Posts: 111
    Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100) and a Galaxy Note 10.1 (the old version--GT-N8010) that I can add to the mix, if you still need it. They are both running Android 4.1.2. I can run the tests sometime within the next 4 days.

4.3 or 4.4 updates haven't been released for my locale yet.

I know your applications have closed, but i didn't see anyone posting about these devices.
  • mungomunkmungomunk Member Posts: 63
    edited January 2014
    everything went well on my asus memo pad fhd10 :)
  • DannyBarkleyDannyBarkley Member Posts: 50
    I dug out my old Xoom and it ran really well, besides slowdown on the sphere cast in the battle.
  • CameronToferCameronTofer Administrator, Developer Posts: 279
    pekirt said:

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100) and a Galaxy Note 10.1 (the old version--GT-N8010) that I can add to the mix, if you still need it. They are both running Android 4.1.2. I can run the tests sometime within the next 4 days.

I know your applications have closed, but i didn't see anyone posting about these devices.

we're open again

http://tflig.ht/18EYwNL
  • k8eycatk8eycat Member Posts: 21
    I've signed up and have been waiting but I suppose my Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 isn't terribly neccessary right now. Hope all the testing goes wonderfully!
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137

pekirt said:

Hi,

we're open again

@CameronTofer Wonderful news to wake up to this morning! I'm signed up on Testflight with my Nexus 7 and Samsung Galaxy 3 standing by for orders!

• IjimekkoIjimekko Member Posts: 12
    edited January 2014
    onDestroy method don't save the game. During the play, i unloaded game from memory, when i start application again, start screen appears. Is this normal?
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    edited January 2014
    decado said:

One run done through to confirmed completion, quite a bit of slowdown on the Sarevok fight which included Tamoko vanishing with the globe until Gorion died and the fight finished.

Yeah, had the exact same experience. The fight went without hiccups on the first beta.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    That's good to know. We have a device that has the same slow-down, so we should be able to isolate the cause.
  • LcacdriverLcacdriver Member Posts: 41

pekirt said:

Hi,

we're open again

Yeah I have a Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 edition) I was hoping to get a chance to run through.
  • etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61
    edited January 2014

pekirt said:

Hi,

we're open again

@CameronTofer I signed up with TestFlight a few days back (Note 10.1 original one) - just waiting for the install email to start helping out...

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Alright, we've added a bunch of people to the testing pool; grab the build if you haven't already, load up the game, and talk to Gorion to initiate the cutscene and finish the test. Let's hit that goal today!
    Darn. I still didn't get added. Ah, well. Test away people! Hope it'll be awesome!
  • matthileomatthileo Member Posts: 59
    edited January 2014
    k8eycat said:

Darn. I still didn't get added. Ah, well. Test away people! Hope it'll be awesome!

damn! Same here.

Edit: nvm, I'm in. Will get to testing

• atomicsnowmanatomicsnowman Member Posts: 31
    The new release has another 200MB added to it. Wonder what else is in there...
  • Eck4343Eck4343 Member Posts: 38
    @atomicsnowman - Music I think.

Downloading now. This is exciting!
  • AristeueinAristeuein Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2014
    Tested on my phone, Galaxy S3, works like a charm.
    Trying to test on TF201, but it won't install: "Parse error - There was a problem while parsing the package." Don't know why, and I don't know what to do about it :p Will try to install again :)

Edit: Had to try a few times to get the beta installed on my TF201, but I have now testet it on that device as well. Worked flawless.

Edit2: On my Galaxy S3 I also experienced the "small thin line of pixes" at Winthrop's Inn that decado described. I did not get these on my TF201.
    Post edited by Aristeuein on
  • perigordperigord Member Posts: 1
    Tested on TF700, ran like a charm. Champing at the bit to play this.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Interesting.

The graphical slowdown at the battle is now gone, however I've getting some stuttering on the sound all through the fight regardless of what is used.

The globe makes no difference to this (makes it no worse or better when Gorion casts it).

I'm getting a small thin white line of pixels across the bases of the chimneys at Winthrop's Inn. As soon as CHARNAME moves this issue seems to go away. These lines come and go according to zoom level but are not too consistent. There is always a line on the middle set of chimneys. It appears to be related to the animation of the smoke but doesn't seem to be present on other buildings (such as the one Shank is in).
    Wow, I got in after all!

It was lovely. The characters are pixely at the closest zoom-in, but everything else looked great. The movement was smooth and the text clear. There was no slowdown on the big fight. Once, however, I had a moment, maybe five seconds or so, where I thought my system had frozen, but suddenly everything was good again and there were no more issues.

Yay for Baldur's Gate!
  • solodsolod Member Posts: 58
    Continues to run smooth on my Nook HD+
  • SamuraiJackJrSamuraiJackJr Member Posts: 9
    Completed with the new build! I experienced a slight freeze this time through walking by the combat training house (I did not try to complete the training). Otherwise, all good!
    Samsung galaxy tab 2
This discussion has been closed.