Skip to content

LS The Burning Earth does not do fire damage for killing trolls (ipad at least)

SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
edited January 2014 in Feature Requests
Observed behaviour: Longsword The Burning Earth does not do fire damage and cannot deliver the killing stroke on trolls even though it is clearly flaming in name, animation and description

Expected behaviour: Deal fire damage so that it can deliver the killing blow e.g. to trolls. Additional +2 damage vs regenerating is listed but dies not kill btw.

This is observed on ipad solo monk run in the Asylum and my wand of heavens is running out of charges... :(
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    The Burning Earth's bonus vs creatures deals more Physical damage, not fire damage, I know this may be wrong because of the animation and the lore and common sense says is contradicted, but it deals out more physical damage, not fire damage.
    @Illydth @Troodon80 not an issue.
    (anyway this is one of the things that could be changed for better, you should create a Feature Request thread about this).
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I would say a feature request would be better. This sword never dealt fire damage, though I suspect it probably should. Before it gets moved, I would like to get confirmation from those with more authority on the topic. What currently 'is' does not necessarily mean it is 'supposed to be', though it might not be something that can be changed due to it being original content. @CamDawg, @LiamEsler, etc.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    What would probably be cool would be to turn the damage bonus into fire damage.
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    Has been discussed before here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/27866/burning-earth-sword-1
    Has been entered in the bugtracker (issue 7365) as a feature request.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    OK, thanks, made it out of the asylum by skipping the rest of the troll fights and saving my last charge for the troll carrying the head in the test - though it looks like you don't actually have to kill them to advance, phew. Due to inventory optimization for a solo run I had sold / not picked up any of the other fire damage weapons etc. Will buy Firetooth in the underdark now and get the wand charged.

Of course I strongly support the feature request to change the sword to elemental danage.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2014
    Yea like hook71 wrote I made an internal feature request about a month and a half ago on this. Hopefully its eventually addressed but its a pretty low priority issue.

I did post a fix on that other thread that will at least make the sword do 1 fire damage (its description won't be updated for that however). But i'm not sure how easy it is to post a file into the override folder on an ipad.
    Post edited by elminster on
  • dashteacupdashteacup Member Posts: 52
    Yeah, I think it's silly that the flaming sword that does extra damage against regenerating creatures doesn't do fire damage, so you can't kill trolls with it.