Skip to content

#7024 [CORE] - Creating a character with 3 constitution often results in instant death

SmilgeSmilge Member Posts: 104
edited January 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Sometimes happens with 4-6 constitution too. Make sure max hp rolls are not enabled if you are trying to repeat this. Also let me know if your weapon proficiency assignment starts being really weird, since I've been getting that as well.
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    well at 3 constitution I would be surprised charname even made it that far into life without a heartache. it was a long time coming. I guess everything was just too much for him :)

anyway this is of course kind of expected, considering low con lowers health. con isn't exactly a good dump stat. should always at least be at the point of no negatives
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I don't get the proficiency weirdness but my PC mage with 3 CON died at the first spell (game was on insane) Irenicus casted on him.
  • SmilgeSmilge Member Posts: 104
    edited January 2014
    Hmm, mine all seem to die before anything happens at all. Like, you hit start game, it's black, then the hand comes up. Even ToB, where you don't get any damage done to you, same thing. In fact, I'm dying with 3 constitution even on easy difficulty with max HP rolls, so there's something else going on.

Also, I'm trying to play with minimum stats for a challenge.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I gotta try this :P
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Tee-heeee! It doesn't even get to make an auto saves. I died and it got so confused it crashed the game :P
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited January 2014
    hmmmm.... so I tested it in BGEE and BG2EE and it only happens in the second. i assumed you were succumbing to death from being a level 1 with 0 hit points from the con loss. i also realized it would be impossible because you get your max on first level but that doesn't matter. anyway, this appears to be some sort of bug that this would happen in one game and not the other

edit: realized this is already in the bugs section now anyway
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I think there was another topic about this, but since I cannot find it we will use this one. This was originally logged as #7024.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Yes, there was.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29544/dupe-7024-6947-core-crash-game-crashes-if-you-die-during-the-opening-animation

I moved that one to Not an Issue as a dupe of 7024. It also is reported as 6947.
  • lelag200lelag200 Member Posts: 125
    Irenicus.. "you should survive the process." hehehe
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    Per 2ED rules, players should get a minimum of 1hp for every level up, even if a bad roll combined with a constitution penalty would put them to zero or negative.

I suspect this hasn't been implemented in BG - probably it would be quite complicated to track.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Players do get a minimum of 1hp increase to Maximum HP for every level up, what they don't get is a minimum of 1hp increase to Current HP at every level up. So while Maximum increases, Current can be reduced by up to -3 for a low CON Mage. You can even die at the level up screen this way as soon as it rolls your hp, before choosing proficiencies/skills/spells or pushing accept. The level up screen also does not always display gained HP correctly when you have a negative CON modifier.