Skip to content

Is there any downside to sleeping in BG?

2»

Comments

• the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    @AstroBryGuy - I think that spoiler is what was intended for that situation. I could be wrong about that, but it does make a kind of sense after all.

I think that's great about how you approach the travel system. And instead of complaining, I suppose I should look for inventive ways of getting around it. So thanks for the Bril Idea. Didn't require any coding at all.
    AstroBryGuy
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

@AstroBryGuy - I think that spoiler is what was intended for that situation. I could be wrong about that, but it does make a kind of sense after all.

I think that's great about how you approach the travel system. And instead of complaining, I suppose I should look for inventive ways of getting around it. So thanks for the Bril Idea. Didn't require any coding at all.

Yeah, I assumed as much too about that particular room. Kinda like all those places in IWD where you can ask someone to 'watch over us while we rest'. Just a little less obvious. ;-)
  • ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    I just think the game isn't as fun if you aren't being realistic. Who really sleeps 48 hours in a row, goes out for a few hours, then sleeps another 48 hours? I try to manage the game clock as if it were the real world and spend about 16 hours awake to 8 hours asleep just to keep things realistic.
  • vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212
    Arizael said:

Lathlaer said:

AFAIK the most severe penalties for sleeping occur in Underdark when you have very strict time limits to meet either Phaere or Solaufein.

Which is why this part of the game is probably the most interesting one. There should be realy more timed events. I mean most of the game is like: Sorry Imoen, but I realy need to identify all these arrows u can wait 3 days more.

3 days is a lot of time in the Underdark though, because travelling doesn't take up any time. Even with a few rests it's more than enough time to clear the Kua-Toa's, illithids and beholders in one go.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Reminds me of Eye of the Beholder, where, even with a cleric, my party would often rest upwards of 80 hours at a time. I roleplayed that they were completely sick of each other by the end of Darkmoon, and so refused to care about Myth Drannor, which saved me from playing the third game.
    JuliusBorisov
  • fighter_mage_thieffighter_mage_thief Member Posts: 262
    Another downside is that an ogre might crush you, crush you to goo!
    jackjack