Skip to content

What character, area and weapon would you like more lore about?

For me it would be:

Thalantyr
Valley of the Tombs
Soultaker Dagger
Illustairbooinyoureyes

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Demogorgon
    The Abyss
    Ir'reykal
    Pretty clear, no? :D
    KamigoroshiBlackravenbooinyoureyes
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Bassilus
    Gullykin
    The Jade Fang
    [Deleted User]CrevsDaakBlackraven
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    Illasara the quick, she seemed kind of cool but you never really find out anything about her would have been cool if she had dropped a journal or something

that one random forest maps that has a bunch of people in it what's that all about

unicorn spear I want to know if it realy is one and were it came from. Also Mazzys sword its description just casually mentions it was a gift from Arvoreen that kind of sounds like a story worth hearing
    booinyoureyesAristilliusBlackraven
  • fighter_mage_thieffighter_mage_thief Member Posts: 262
    edited February 2014
    I'd like to see some more lore on Shandalar and his daughters, Ribald, or Volo (lol)

I also liked Saemon Havarian, and that Bhaalspawn guy who uncontrollably teleports around.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Character: Semaj
    Place: The burial mounds (where you come out after the nashkel mines)
    Item: The girdle of masculinity/femininity
    jackjackbooinyoureyes
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    @booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes - HELL YES the damn Jester's Chain. I looked forward to get it in my last run, only to find out my jester has no use for it. I never played a bard before and hence always picked the Boots of Speed, so this came as a surprise. Thankfully, Eudaemonium made a version that is a colored Elven Chain, so I'm not raging about this misleading advertisement anymore.

Other than that, I agree, the backstories of Narcillicus Harwilliger Neen and Bassilus would be interesting. The inmates of Spellhold - especially the little girl and the old elf - would be great to know more about than what Irenicus reveals.
    jackjackbooinyoureyes
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    The elf chick that Sarevok was dating, Cythandria or however it was spelt. Oh, and Kristin and Slythe.

Balduran's Island - I still don't understand enough about how lycanthropy came to the island, the relationship between the wolfweres and werewolves, and how Balduran figured in it.

Weapons I'm less interested in, but maybe how Xan got his Moonblade?
    Blackraven
    I also want to know who left the Stupifier in the dresser. It would actually be funny if the original owner would come looking for you if you took it...
    jackjackdeltagoBlackraven
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited February 2014
    ooooh, Silke is a good one.
    I'd also like to add Lord Binky the Buffoon
    I always thought he was awesome. I'd like to see how he is accepted among the nobility. He'd also be an awesome Jester NPC. If nothing else he would have been perfect as a cameo in BG2. Maybe mocking all the actors in the Five Flagon's Inn.
    KidCarnivaljackjackBlackraven
  • iAmGoatBoyiAmGoatBoy Member Posts: 72
    Character: Lavok - would love to know exactly what atrocities he committed and what dark pacts he forged to end up semi-immortal in command of something as epic as the Planar Sphere.

Place: Cloakwood, shadow druid camp. Seems like somewhere with a lot of history but we don't learn much.

Item: The Beljuril (sp?) gem from the chicken's gullet in Umar Hills. Unless I'm being silly and didn't properly explore that storyline, all you get is some vague reference to the former owners having been "adventuring types" who came by it on an adventurous adventure. Who, what, where and how many dead???

Aristillius
    Pecca said:

Area with Bassilus south of High Hedge. I always wondered why is it, that everyone there is mad. Maybe there is a hidden cursed tomb of a cursed mad wizard or something.

CONSPIRACY TIME!

Totally not looking at Talanthyr as a suspect here. Powerful mage? Check. Lives in fortress protected by golems, in a rather hidden area he doesn't like? Check. I say Talanthyr is hiding there, possibly using a pseudonym (which is why no-one ever references the mighty Talanthyr elsewhere), to escape punishment for his enchantment experiments. Mellicamp went there because he gave up hope and accepted to live among other "test subjects" of his master who shared his fate.
    PeccajackjackMoradinBlackraven
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174

Totally not looking at Talanthyr as a suspect here. Powerful mage? Check. Lives in fortress protected by golems, in a rather hidden area he doesn't like? Check. I say Talanthyr is hiding there, possibly using a pseudonym (which is why no-one ever references the mighty Talanthyr elsewhere), to escape punishment for his enchantment experiments. Mellicamp went there because he gave up hope and accepted to live among other "test subjects" of his master who shared his fate.

Could Thalantyr be an anagram of the infamous Tyrant Hal?
    KidCarnivalAnduinbooinyoureyes
    Pecca said:

Could be.... BUT you are missing a T
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    Doesn't thalantyr say that he's from netheril? He says something interesting about his past when you ask him about the cursed item melicamp used
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    deltago said:

Pecca said:

Wut?
    jackjackbooinyoureyes
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    The areas that appear post-underdark... What exactly is the point if them? (discounting Forest of Tethir obviously)
    iAmGoatBoybooinyoureyes
    Pecca said:

deltago said:

Pecca said:

Wut?
    Oh nothing. I fail at basic math and can't count T's
    jackjackbooinyoureyes
    mjs said:

Doesn't thalantyr say that he's from netheril? He says something interesting about his past when you ask him about the cursed item melicamp used

He could be lying. Why would Mellicamp, knowing only Talanthyr has the power to help him, leave High Hedge and wander to a dangerous wilderness map? Because he fears the wrath of the tyrant Hal, that's why.
    jackjackEudaemonium
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Tyrant Hal was behind the iron shortage
    jackjackKidCarnival
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    The iron shortage only happened because so many people refused to eat their broccoli. Even though it's such an iron rich and yummy vegetable. :c
    KidCarnivalAnduinbooinyoureyes
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Heretic! All broccoli must die by my hand - have at you!
    Anduin
  • I think it says that Thalantyr was interested in the Netheril or something along those lines. To be from Netheril would mean he's thousands of years old, which I find unlikely :P
    KidCarnivaljackjackEudaemonium