Skip to content

[Request] Unfinished business for BG:EE and BG2:EE

124»

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited June 2013
    Bug fixes will exist forever, most of the time for each bug the company fix, another will be spotted. The game will never be bug free, specially when the community mod the game and change it daily.

If beamdog want to fix the serious ones and at least diminish the quantity of bugs in the game i give my cheers to it, if beamdog has a schedule and have to show an level of work in bug fixes, will also understand.

But my question is: For the time the company fix bugs, no other project will be done? Cos atm the only projects i know in production are BG2 and bug fixes.

I would really like to have in the future, a balanced integration in BG:EE of some mods like SCS, Rogue Rebalancing and Unfinished Business (to a degree, some features are the modder way of think and these mods aren't totally balanced, specially if the player is a novice).
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    If it helps, I tested BG1UB with the last beta-patch and everything worked perfectly. I didn't check the Journal, though.
  • EndaarEndaar Member Posts: 19
    @SpaceInvader, are we able to get access to this patch? Please and thanks! :-)
    @Endaar you will for sure, it's just a matter of time :)
    @SpaceInvader Thanks man! Just glad to see work on this didn't die. Keep up the good work!!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    CamDawg said:

shawne said:

@CamDawg: In theory, then, wouldn't it be possible to make a new mod - BG1EEUB, as it were - which only involve those specific materials which were unused/broken/damaged? I'm thinking here specifically of Kagain's quest, that's something that should not have stayed as it was in the EE...

In theory there's nothing stopping OverDog from creating the whole mod from the same research that the UB team did. Priority--before the legal issues at least--was on bug fixes though.

Since when were the companies called OverDog?...I thought it was BeamHaul :D
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    OverBeam DogHaul right? RIGHT?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I think you're creating the names of the next subsidiaries to be founded ;)
    @SpaceInvader, anything yet? I'd be happy to help beta test if it's needed.
    @Endaar as you can read in the General Forum, the patch will be released in September :)
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @IchigoRXC Dog Haul sounds like a Dog that doesn't want to be walked. Or one who is stronger than you are! "I went out to walk my dog last night. But he's gotten so big, I was dog hauled..."
  • siril_danasiril_dana Member Posts: 33
    edited October 2013
    I want to try this on EE!
    Post edited by siril_dana on
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    does anyone know what's final progress for this idea?
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 92
    I would also like to know.
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 92
    *prepares interrogation tools* Go on...
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Don't you mean...
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    More news on... tuesday?
    @SpaceInvader decided to leave you guys alone for a couple months and come back... I see your post about September but now September has come and gone... am I missing anything? :-o
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    Try again next year I guess
    @CamDawg anything from you on this perhaps? If any testing is needed I'd be happy to help out.
  • xenophonxenophon Member Posts: 17
    Looking forward to this mod to be released its one of the must have for BG1
  • pipiczka666pipiczka666 Member Posts: 7
    So, are we going to see UB for BGEE and BG2EE some time "soon"?
  • beobeo Member Posts: 143
    Any progress with this? :)
  • OniDaimyoOniDaimyo Member Posts: 25
    So how do I download and install UB for BG Enhanced?