Skip to content

Game crashes after resting - Whole game now corrupt

SoundChaosSoundChaos Member Posts: 11
edited February 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
I am honestly not sure at which point this issue started happening exactly, but it was definitely after I went to ulgoth's beard and killed the first group of cultists. now when I rest, the game will crash immediately as soon as the rest animation starts. I have tried dropping every item i own and resting, the same issue happens. The issue even happens if i start a new game and rest.
-edit: By crashing, I mean hanging on the frozen image of the beginning of the rest animation indefinitely until I force the application to close with task manager.

Also, since then, I have also had a few minor corruption issues throughout as well, such as missing quests all over the place, and graphical issues on the screenshots in the save/load menu (the screen shot now shows the top half of the game screenshot, and the bottom half of the mini-map)
-edit: another issue I have noticed, is after I use the launcher, whole screen goes black as soon as I click Baldur's Gate in the main launch menu. The only way to continue is to ctrl-alt-delete, and when the task manager pops up, I can alt tab to the desktop, and then alt tab back to Baldur's Gate, and it will finally let me play

I have not had any issues prior to this in my 50 hours+ gameplay, and I have not used any mods or extra installments of any form.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Try repairing the install or re-installing the game. Also try updating graphics card drivers. If that doesn't work then try uploading a crash dump so someone can take a look at it.
  • SoundChaosSoundChaos Member Posts: 11
    I'm starting to believe its the hardware on the computer of some form, since now BG is not the only one that crashed, although it had the most bizarre issues. I was able to successfully export my saved game to another computer and it worked great.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Weird.

@SoundChaos, is it safe enough to say that this is not an issue any longer? Are your saved games okay?