All ability manuals have "Weight: 25"
That is even more then plate armor.
That can´t be right.

Also spider body from Q "Landrin's Possessions" have "Weight: 0"
It also can´t be right.
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I can't be sure, but I believe the weight of the manuals is like that specifically to discourage hoarding all of them; the weight is designed to encourage you to use them quickly. In any case, it's not a bug unless the weight listed in the item description is different from the item itself.

I'm going to go out on eight limbs as well and say that the spider body is a quest item and that's why it "weighs nothing". Also not a bug.

(Though feel free to make a feature request for either or both of these.)
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    @Dee
    Well, weight of manuals may be incorrect settings since game's release.
    And I can appoint dozens quest items which have weigh, for example Durlag tower is full of them.
    Besides spider body, I can not think of any other without weight.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Full plate has weight 70 and plate mail is 50. You must be looking at some enchanted armor, which weighs less.

Maybe they are *very* big books... ;)

• EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    @AstroBryGuy
    Heh, that was awkward, I accidentally looked on plate mail +1.
    But still, 25 is way to much for book.
    And what is point hoarding manuals?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I find that the spider's body is wrong, I think that the manuals should weight 15 as much, but an entire huge spider isn't weightless, so that's clearly wrong.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Actually, the tome weights are not unrealistic. Take the Codex Amiatinus for example. It is an 8th Century Bible that is 19 inches tall by 13 inches wide by 7 inches thick and weighs 75 pounds.

Assuming a similar weight per volume, a 12 x 12 x 4 tome would be 25 lbs.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Going to call this one not an issue, because I can say with reasonable certainty that in both cases it was a design choice and not a clerical error. Feel free to post a feature request, but both of these items are working as intended.