[MOD]BGO Weidu Install

Comments

• wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
    edited March 2014
    Also added Monk gets MR based on Wis.

MR Bonus = Wis Modifier
    Bonus added every 3 levels starting at level 3
    Wis 11 or lower, no modifier.

Monk can be level 40 with either 0, 13, 26, 39, 52, 65, 78, or 91% magic resistance

Also taking any suggestions for those interested.
    Post edited by wolpak on
    Backstabbing Adjustments:
    I am fleshing this out, but the plan with backstabbing will be as follows.

Thieves have a base X2 backstab. They get an increased BS rate based on their intelligence modifier. This is counter-acted that medium weapons carry a -1 BS penalty, Heavy -2, Massive -3 and Two-Handed has a standard -1. Assassins will get a bonus as well.
    edited March 2014
    Monks have been given Flurry of Blows as an innate ability at level 1 and Greater Flurry at level 11.

Flurry gives an extra half attack, made at full damage, but all attacks are bade at a -1 To Hit Penalty with a duration based on your Dex modifier.
    1: 2 rounds
    2: 4 rounds
    3: 6 rounds
    4: 8 rounds
    5: 10 rounds
    6: 12 rounds
    7: 14 rounds

At level 11, Greater Flurry is a full attack, but at a -2 To Hit penalty. Same durations. Can be cast once per day.
    Post edited by wolpak on
    edited March 2014
    Acquiring spell slots has been completely redone.

All classes now just receive 1 spell slot per spell level when they are at a high enough level to cast spells which then repeats itself after the last spell level is acquired.
    IE-
    And so on. The rest of the spell slots are made up from your main attribute modifier. Each point in the modifier gives 1 spell per level. Thus, if you have 12 wisdom, you have +1 to all spell slots. If you have 16 wisdom, you have +3 to all spell slots. This works for all classes the same (though the level that they receive spells differs).
    Post edited by wolpak on
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    To be honest I'm fine with whatever you come up with as you seem to know what you're doing. I'm excited for the finished product.

What's more or less your planned sched for the mod, if any? Something like you can expect that when June arrives you'll be busy IRL, so you plan to finish it before then.

As to the mod help: it doesn't have to be in-game. Most mods simply provide a pdf documentation. Besides, I'd like to keep my biography section.
    edited March 2014
    I am fortunate to be able to work on it as I desire. Some down time at work, after the kids go to bed...so no unexpected delays. Really, it's just the figuring stuff out that delays me. I'll have most stuff as options. You will need a base if you want to install subsequent packages, but if you don't want the biography changes...skip it (though it may be worth it to backup your dialog, install and see. I hopefully will have it done soon...like in a couple of weeks. At lease for BG:EE. BG2:EE will be longer, but I obviously won't have to recreate 75% of what I have already done.

Additionally, as for as the "conversion" to a 3e system goes, I am not trying to recreate the wheel. What the standard abilities are I tend to put at what you would expect a 16 or 18 stat would give, and then reduce incrementally or increase base on stats above and below. It definitely will give much more of a dynamic feel to stats and classes as they all won't be exactly the same.

You Inquisitor with 18 charisma and 14 strength may not hit as hard as your Inquisitor with 18 str and 14 Charisma, but he will dispel better, which may end up being more important in the long run.
    Post edited by wolpak on
    Wizard Slayer gets MR the same way as the Monk, based on Wisdom modifier. Also, I have added a small game play change. Currently, Melee damage adds more miscast percentage. Now range adds in cast time delay (each hit adds 1).
    Altered the innate heals I gave Clerics and Druids.

Clerics heal starts at 1 HP per level, scaling at 25% per point in Charisma.

Druids HOT heals 1 HP per level for Charisma Modifier rounds. Thus, if you are level 10 and have a Charisma of 18, you heal 10 HP every 6 second 4 times.
    edited March 2014
    Working on Bards now.

Blade gets +dam and +TH bonus based on Charisma on Offensive Spin and -AC on Defensive Spin.
    OSpin gets 1 point at +1 CHR Mod (12 CHR) and +1 every 2 points after (or 4 points of Charisma).

IE-
    12 CHR +1
    14 CHR +1
    16 CHR +2
    18 CHR +2
    20 CHR +3
    22 CHR +3
    24 CHR +4

Def Spin just gets double CHR Bonus. Thus, 18 CHR is -8, 20 is -10 and maxes out at 24 with -14.

On a technical note, this works on the same mechanic as barbarian rage. Instead of removing and replacing the ability, I have removed the bonuses from the spells and then script to check if the spell was cast and then apply the bonuses dynamically. This required a little more work on behalf of the blade since I am only giving half bonuses, where the barbarian gets full, so I have to set this to check all the time rather than just when the spell is cast, otherwise you lose some seconds as the script does it's work. As of right now, if you click rage nor spin, you can watch your thac0 drop and damage rise, which takes around 1 second to kick in. Fortunately, since you often can perform another action quicker than 1 second, it has no in game effect.
    edited March 2014
    Jester will have the choice to set a base bard +1 to hit and saves song or to use his confusion song. He will also be immune to confusion states. As a detriment, I think I will have his charisma give him 1 less spell per level or something of that nature.

Skald song also increases TH, DAM and AC based on Charisma. A 11 or lower will give 0, which means the Song will do nothing until level 15. Then 12-15 = +1, 16-19 = +2, 20-23 = +3, 24-25 = +4
    Post edited by wolpak on
    Finishing up on my scripting additions.

Gave Half-Orcs an innate resistance to melee attacks (slashing, piercing and crushing) based on Con Modifier
    Elves- Due to their expertise in blades, they have a natural AC to slashing of half their Dex Modifier
    H-Elves- Same as Elves, but get 1/4 modifier

I think these slightly balance out the shorty save bonuses of Dwarves, Gnomes and Halflings.
    edited April 2014
    Been reworking the installation and implementing much of the stuff I had finished coding before as well as trying to determine what will be part of the core components and optional ones.

Added a stat up every 5 levels similiar as in 3e.

Renamed Dwarven Defender to just defender. Reworked Defensive Stance to Shield Wall. When you have a shield equipped when you use the ability, it will give you +Con Mod in AC, + Wis Mod in Saves and +level in Magic Resistance. It will do nothing if you have no shield.

Instead of extra damage resistance, they not receive +1 constitution at 5, 10, 15 and 20.

Also have slight differences based on Gender. If you are male, you have a 3% resistance to physical damage and if you are female you have 3% resistance to magical damage. This will be an optional component.

I have removed the base +1 to hit and damage from assassins and have given them a +to hit based on half their intelligence modifier when they are hidden or invisible.
    Post edited by wolpak on
    For those interested, I have added a ranged fighting style. It is simplistic in its bonuses (for now). It merely adds +to hit and +dam every other point.

I combined slings and darts into one proficiency, which means little with my mod setup, and I am using the sling proficiency for ranged. I have attached a screenshot.
    Here is the screen shot.
  • athakathak Member Posts: 31
    This mod looks cool. Any ETA for BG2:EE?
    I don't know. Was kinda feeling like it's still a lot of effort left, but the response has been lukewarm and even getting the balancing right will take a lot of effort.
  • ThalamondThalamond Member Posts: 108
    I'm totally supporting this mod. It features a lot of great game changes. Just a shame that I had the problems with items showing up in the stores. But please continue making this. Few mods are as good as this one!
    I have been working on fleshing out backstabbing more.

Here is what I have so far:
    Only Assassins get X2 multiplier to start.

Thieves, Assassins and Bounty Hunters get their Intelligence Modifier in backstab multipliers. Stalkers and Shadowdancers get half intelligence modifier.

Light weapons hit at standard backstab. Medium Weapons -1 multiplier, Heavy Weapons -2 and Massive Weapons -3. Two handed weapons have a standard -1 backstab multiplier. Weapon weight also gives a penalty to HID and MS.

DW gives a +1 backstab multiplier (in the vein of wielding a +attack weapon in your offhand gives your main hand an additional attack).

Thus, wielding 2 light weapons yields a +1 backstab multiplier.
    1 light 1 med = normal multiplier
    2 med = -1 multiplier
    and so on...

I am debating on whether to allow the multiplier at level 1 or allow you to gain them on a standard level basis.
    I have settled on the following.

Every 4 levels, a backstabber can apply an additional int modifier to their bs multiplier.
    Stalkers Max out at X4 with an INT of 16 and level 8.
    Shadowdancers Max out at X5 with an INT of 18 and level 12.
    Bounty Hunters Max out at X6 with an INT of 20 and level 16.
    General Thieves Max out at X7 with an INT of 22 and level 20.
    Assassins Max out at X9 (+1 for being assassin) with an INT of 24 and level24.
    edited April 2014
    Sadly, due to limitations, the level aspect of above will not work. However, I have come up with a good alternative.

I am using Move Silently and Intelligence to determine the backstab multiplier.

INT MOD Stealth Thief BH Ass Stalk SD
    1 25 x2 x2 x3 x2 x2
    2 50 x3 x3 x4 x3 x3
    3 75 x4 x4 x5 x4 x4
    4 100 x5 x5 x6 x5
    5 125 X6 x6 x7
    6 150 x7 x8
    7 175 x9
    Post edited by wolpak on
    Couple of new things and an interesting updates.

First, I have altered the extra attack to work similar to 3e. Basically, the game checks your Base THAC0 and if it is 15 or lower, you receive 1/2 attack, 10 or lower, another 1/2 attack, 5 or lower, another 1/2 attack and 0, another 1/2 attack.

Since I have altered the THAC0 table to reflect 3e, this will allow Fighter types to have an extra 2 attacks at full THAC0, Rogues and Clerics 1.5 attacks and Mages and Sorcs 1 attack. Unfortunately, THAC0s do not stack, so, you will only get the highest bonus for dual classing (not really an issue with multiclasses). If you dual a fighter to a rogue at level 10, you will get the .5 and .5 from the fighter, but just another .5 from the rogue. Not the biggest issue, but still not ideal.

Secondly, I have figured out how to tag weapons and armor with a "variable" that I can read with scripts. The unused weapon proficiencies are sitting there nice and pretty for this very purpose. I will use EXTRAPROFICIENCY2 as weapon category. 1 will be light, 2 will be medium, 3 will be heavy and 4 will be massive. What this means is that I can have all longswords set EXTRAPROFICIENCY2 to 2, which I can then script specific bonuses and penalties based on weapon type. This will allow me to adjust the Ranger ability where I use Dex for To Hit instead of Str to only work for light and/or medium weapons.

This will also, hopefully, allow me to add proficiencies for armor as well. Well, maybe not add, but cannibalize other proficiencies and repurpose them.
    For those following...I have reclassified the proficiencies to the following.

Light:
    Unarmed
    Dagger
    Short Sword
    Quarterstaff/Club

Medium:
    Longsword
    Exotic Sword
    Axe
    Spear/Halberd

Heavy:
    Bastard Sword
    Mace/War Hammer
    Flail/Morningstar
    Two Handed Sword

Armor:
    Unarmored
    Light Armor
    Medium Armor
    Heavy Armor

Styles:
    Ranged
    Two Weapon
    Single Weapon
    Sword and Shield
    Two Handed Weapon

Unarmed is implemented...it benefits monks and non-monks alike. So, if you want to be a brawler, you can.
    Here is the outline for the new proficiencies. If anyone wants to provide feedback, I am all eyes.

First, I am reducing # of attacks with Bows to a 1 per round base.

Everything is cumulative, so, if it isn't there for the next point, then it was removed.
    Ranged:
    0 Points: +1 Speed -1 Crit
    1 Point: +1 To Hit, +.5 APR
    2 Points: +1 To Hit, +1 AC, +1 Speed, +.5 APR
    3 Points: +2 To Hit, +1 AC, +2 Speed, +1 APR
    4 Points: +2 To Hit, +2 AC, +2 Speed, +1 Crit, +1 APR
    5 Points: +3 To Hit, +2 AC, +2 Speed, +1 Crit, +1.5 APR

FISTs are non-monk only
    Unarmed:
    0 Points: -1 To Hit FIST1 (1d2)
    1 Point: FIST2 (1d4)
    2 Points: +1 Dam, FIST3(1d6)
    3 Points: +1 To Hit, +2 Dam, FIST4(1d8)
    4 Points: +2 To Hit, +3 Dam, FIST5(1d10), Hit as +1 Magic Weapon
    5 Points: +3 To Hit, +4 Dam, FIST6(1d12), Hit as +2 Magic Weapon, +1 Crit

Unarmored:
    0 Points: -2 AC
    1 Point: No bonuses
    2 Points: +2 AC, +3 to Stealth and Hide, +2 to Open and Find
    3 Points: +4 AC, +1 To Movement, +6 to Stealth and Hide, +4 to Open and Find
    4 Points: +6 AC, +2 to Movement, +9 to Stealth and Hide, +6 to Open and Find
    5 Points: +8 AC, +3 Movement, +12 to Stealth and Hide, +8 to Open and Find, +1 to Attack Speed

Light Armor:
    0 Points: -2 AC, -1% Phys Resist, -3% Mag Resist, -5% Elem Resist
    1 Point: No Bonuses
    2 Points: +1 AC, +1% Phys, +3% Mag, +5% Elem
    3 Points: +2 AC, +2% Phys, +5% Mag, +10% Elem
    4 Points: +3 AC, +3% Phys, +8% Mag, +15% Elem
    5 Points: +4 AC, +4% Phys, +10% Mag, 20% Elem

Medium Armor:
    0 Points: -2 AC, -3% Phys Resist, -3% Mag Resist, -3% Elem Resist, -1 Atck Speed, -2 Backstab Mult
    1 Point: -1 Atck Speed, -2 Backstab Mult
    2 Points: +1 AC, +3% Phys, +3% Mag, +3% Elem, -1 Atck Speed, -1 Backstab Mult
    3 Points: +1 AC, +5% Phys, +5% Mag, +5% Elem
    4 Points: +2 AC, +8% Phys, +8% Mag, +8% Elem
    5 Points: +2 AC, +10% Phys, +10% Mag, 10% Elem

Heavy Armor:
    0 Points: -2 AC, -5% Phys Resist, -3% Mag Resist, -1% Elem Resist, -2 Atck Speed, -3 Backstab Mult
    1 Point: -2 Atck Speed, -3 Backstab Mult
    2 Points: +5% Phys, +3% Mag, +1% Elem, -2 Atck Speed, -2 Backstab Mult
    3 Points: +10% Phys, +5% Mag, +2% Elem, -1 Atck Speed, -2 Backstab Mult
    4 Points: +15% Phys, +8% Mag, +3% Elem, -1 Atck Speed, -1 Backstab Mult
    5 Points: +20% Phys, +10% Mag, 5% Elem, -1 Backstab Mult
    I have encountered a bug. Plate mail armor is supposed to give 30% crush. But when looking on my character's record it doesn't add anything to crush at all.
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    I've read through the whole thread and your mod appears to be one of the best mods for BG in a long time. The :"Unarmored" Proficiency is an awesome idea as well as pretty much everything else you've done so far

Thank you a LOT for your effort as this mod is something I always wished BG was like and I really hope you'll do this for BGII:EE as well.
    I appreciate the comments, but I am at somewhat of an impasse. Since this is my first real mod, I didn't realize that detectable spells has a patent on all unused stats in the game. Thus, the flag that gets set for armor and weapons is in direct conflict with detectable spells, which is highly used in almost all mods that alter monster behavior. This puts the mod on hiatus for now.
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    Does that mean that I shouldn't be playing it with the mod installed? I've got BG2Tweaks and NPC Project installed.
    awww this is sad news ! I was really enjoying the new bloody combat where everyone got hit all the time for reduced damage :'(.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Ouch...surely there can't be many mods that alter monster behavior.
  • YuriVampireYuriVampire Member Posts: 3
    I have been learning to mod it myself with the purpose of creating a couple of new kits. I Was reading over your mod and figured I'd make mien to the specs in your mod. Since your mod is on hiatus, I figured I'd offer a helping hand if you need one. I'm about as experienced as you are, probably less.