Skip to content

The Road to v1.3: Phase I

Comments

• elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited February 2014
    oh right I getcha seeing as I have just used my old sound sets with no problems didn't really know much issue that whole thing

thx for the info
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    elminster said:

Dee said:

Successful Tests: 0 / 100
    *looks at today's date*

*despairs*
    Everyone is busy talking about the text changes. I guess not a lot of testing (at least of the requirements set out in the initial post) is going on :)
    Um, I've tested a lot until now :P I had like two hours to do, and I still testing when I have time.

@Mythrialus yeah, it LOOKS cool, but as a bug and I as someone who HUNTS bugs I had to report it :) it looks cool until you want to read something that it's as the same color as the background or when you try to move your PC over the text box.
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    Custom sound sets and bigger font? Hell yeah!
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    I can't talk to Zeke in Carnival. Anyone else has this problem ?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @CrevsDaak
    Does that issue you spotted continue in subsequent attempts, or did it go away the next time you started up the game?
    @Dee since it started to happen, it happens all the time.
    I've tested like 5 more times and it's still there :I
    Can you email me your Baldur.ini file? I'd like to take a look and see if something awkward got set there.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    lefreut said:

I can't talk to Zeke in Carnival. Anyone else has this problem ?

Can confirm.

• Malus_DarkbladeMalus_Darkblade Member Posts: 16
    I downloaded update v 1.2 and now i lost a point of constitution is anyone having the same problem
    @CrevsDaak
    Aha! I found the problem. Did you perchance delete any files from your override folder?
    edited February 2014
    @Dee certainly (edit, I missed and hit the comment button accidentally) I was going to ask if the override folder was used, because it WAS there, but I did not check if it had something.
    Is the override folder going to be used for the patches like in the original BG2?
    If you deleted the MOS files, that's why it suddenly made the background vanish from the combat log. Repair the installation and they should come back.
    To your question--we're using overrides for the moment while the patch is in beta; once the patch is released they'll be rolled into the build.

I downloaded update v 1.2 and now i lost a point of constitution is anyone having the same problem

It's probably because your familiar died at some point; the 1.3 patch will remedy that issue.
    OK, fixing the install and creating a txt that says 'Do not delete the override folder, it is used in the beta' to remijnd that myself.
    Thanks again @Dee :D
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    not a fan of the new font in a quick test. The characters are smaller than the text.
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    @Dee any word on what the exact plans are for the new log window size and font size?
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited February 2014
    Since the begin, the BGEE's GUI is a catastrophe.

v1 > the blue pixels.
    v2 > the vista/seven transparency.
    v3 > the extra large dialog bar and giants fonts.
    v4 > ?!?.....
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    That's good to hear.
  • sturmvogel66sturmvogel66 Member Posts: 35
    I'm not getting any button to install update on my Mac. How do I get that turned back on?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2014

I'm not getting any button to install update on my Mac. How do I get that turned back on?

1. When you activate the launcher and it goes through the process of checking for updates what does it say once its done that?

If it says "no update found" (or something around those lines) then

2. Did you buy the game through Beamdog (and not the App Store)?
    3. Have you signed up for the beta?

Otherwise I'm not certain as to what the issue could be.
    Post edited by elminster on
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    I know I've been lazy in here in lack of news, but I just did a quick beta test and filed a form!
  • LavarunnerLavarunner Member Posts: 4
    @smeagolheart I like the idea a lot. Giving the option to chose font size and window transparency would be for the best. I would definitely chose transparency over all. weird and cool bug though.
  • icehakuicehaku Member Posts: 13
    Will custom kits be fixed with this mod patch?
  • VII_outLawVII_outLaw Member Posts: 46
    Good news.

When I travel in Cloakwood main character was dying.

• IoriYagamiIoriYagami Member Posts: 11
    Do you add translation fixes to the game?

@dee
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722

Do you add translation fixes to the game?

@dee

They always do, if they were provided by the local translators.
    I know the french localization has been updated several times

This discussion has been closed.