Skip to content

The Road to v1.3: Phase I

1235»

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    icehaku said:

Will custom kits be fixed with this mod patch?

If by custom kits you mean kits that weren't created by Overhaul then I'd say that it is up to the creator of those kits.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    elminster said:

icehaku said:

Will custom kits be fixed with this mod patch?

If by custom kits you mean kits that weren't created by Overhaul then I'd say that it is up to the creator of those kits.
    I've made a kit mod myself for the EE (tested with the 1.2.2031 beta) that only misses a full description and complete ability table. WeiDU has some files that can help you install/create kit mods, it was one made by @Wisp, a .tpa I think.
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    Dee said:

(...) but it's also something a lot of people have asked for. There's a little more work to be done there.

I forgot that the BGEE community is a community of alien.... Just one question, how these people play to NWN2 ? Dragon Age ? Skyrim ?
  • AssarCZEAssarCZE Member Posts: 25
    I am not sure if it is relevant to v 1.3 because I have some trouble of downloading beta, but I have a bug or if you like a request regarding monks.
    Since they are able to use Lay On Hands (as paladins) it will be nice if they can have Lay On Hands displayed in Record Screen - I mean, I miss the value of HP which they are able to heal themselves.
    Is it possible to implement it?
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    The value is 2hp per level. Not much point in having it displayed in the record screen, since no other spell has its value displayed there.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Why not then just add the damage your thief traps are doing, the amount your innate Draw Upon Holy Might adds, etc. Anyways, sounds like a feature request (not a beta testing issue).
  • AssarCZEAssarCZE Member Posts: 25
    I know how to calculate it. The point is - Paladins have it in RS, why not Monk. That's everything I meant by it.
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    Hello @Dee‌
    I sent the beta sign-up form on Tuesday. May I expect to be included by the week-end ?
    Thanks.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If you filled out the form before noon today, assuming you filled it out correctly, you should now have access. I'll be sending out an email later today with links to the installers as appropriate.

If you filled it out and you didn't get access, it's because of one of the following reasons:

1. You didn't enter your email address correctly
    2. You haven't purchased the game (or you haven't purchased the game through Beamdog.com)
    3. You already had access and didn't need to sign up again

You can fill out the form again; unfortunately due to the number of people interested (and the number of other things that need to be done) I don't have time to troubleshoot the beta sign-up. If it doesn't work for you, just try again.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited February 2014
    Dee said:

You can fill out the form again; unfortunately due to the number of people interested (and the number of other things that need to be done) I don't have time to troubleshoot the beta sign-up. If it doesn't work for you, just try again.

I've tried again now since I've signed up 3 days ago for BG2:EE.
    Edit: crap, looks like I have the game in Beamdog.com but it goes 404 error :I every time I click it. I didn't got any mails about it...
    Thanks you Dee.
    I will resubmit the form tomorrow if there is nothing new in the mailbox.
    Have a nice WE.
  • HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    edited March 2014
    CrevsDaak said:

Dee said:

I've tried again now since I've signed up 3 days ago for BG2:EE.
    Edit: crap, looks like I have the game in Beamdog.com but it goes 404 error :I every time I click it. I didn't got any mails about it...
    Same for me here. I signed up five days ago but haven't received any email. However, when I log on at Beamdog.com, I can see the Beta access listed under My Games, but when I click it, I'm taken to the 404 page.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    To access the beta once you've been provisioned, download and run the Beamdog client.
    Ah, right, I totally forgot to use the Beamdog client for the beta. Thanks. :)
    Suggestion: In the customer's account on beamdog.com, you could link the beta games to a simple info page that tells the user to use the client for downloading, instead of going to a 404.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Good idea; I'll pass it on.
  • YozZzZzYozZzZz Member Posts: 22
    edited March 2014
    I've found a really minor bug, which bothers me more than it should:
    Current behavior: When dual classing, the kit description is shown only for the first class.
    Expected behavior: When dual classing, the kit description should be shown for both classes.

I should point out that the bug is also present in BG2EE.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    So is the beta stalled until the dilemma regarding the combat window and text size is resolved? Progress hasn't been made past 9/100 for a few days.
  • Dronovich_mskDronovich_msk Member Posts: 45
    Can I expect Russian language in this update?
    @Flashburn: I hope this is just due to Dee updating the counter only sporadically. I have just finished a comprehensive playtest myself and was able to work through all of the listed tasks without trouble. Maybe on Monday or Tuesday we'll get an update to the progression counter.

@Dronovich_msk: Yes, in the beta you can select Russian for the first time now:

• FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Good stuff, but the extra date and time information from pausing is wholly unnecessary and just clutters up the combat log. That is the one thing I will never ever agree with, even if the larger window and text size stay, though I'd prefer those stay as they are right now.
    edited March 2014
    @Dee
    Thanks for the beta access.
    Is this thread the right place to log issues ? Please just let me know.

A few initial and minor remarks (even if I believe they were already described elsewhere).

1-In the gameplay options - Feddback - the Marker Feedback has a 6 position slider but a description for 5 positions.
    2-In the gameplay options - Feddback - the Locator Feedback has a 6 position slider but a description for 4 positions.

3-Weapon profiency selection. The following paragraph is included in the description given for Two-Handed swords and Two-handed weapons.
    NOTE: Magical two-handed weapons are more powerful than their single-handed counterparts. This counterbalances the fact that you can't use a second weapon or shield when using a two-handed weapon. The Holy Avenger and Vorpal Sword are examples of weapons that are two-handed
    Not only the initial statement is debatable but also the provided references (holy avenger, vorpal sword) are out of BG1 scope. Morevover if you want to keep the initial argument then, for consistency reasons, that NOTE has to be included in the other two-handed weapon type descriptions (or removed from the two-handed swords proficiency description).

4- Ninjato price (Winthrop's Inn). I rarely pay attention to the weapon prices in store. However I am curious about the price comparison between Ninjato (18gp), Wakizashi (75gp), Scimitar (82gp).
    Is this intended ?
    (I haven't checked those prices elsewhere yet.)

Seperate Note.
    I like the (new) window size for the action log. Larger and 5 lines instead of 6 in the middle "position/expansion" is ok - especially because the mouse wheel still scrolls 3 lines at once (my windows setting) and thus the initial number of lines doesn't matter much. As a matter of fact with this larger window you get more information when scrolling. A floating window that the player could anchor everywhere on the screen would be a nice feature.
    This being said, now the full upper case for PAUSE / UNPAUSE is not the best aesthetic option imho.
    I also question the added-value resulting from the presence of the date and hour appended to the PAUSE word. I would be more interested in the internal clock/tick as a non default option for testing purposes.
    An issue with the Journal.
    Important Events entries (quests) do not stack. The latest entry seems to override the previous one.
This discussion has been closed.