Skip to content

Melchor Harpell... way to rip me out of my immersion...

how did they possibly think it would be acceptable to have some elven tit teleport to me and just take the items i took off drizzt after a hard fight and i can't even defend myself against it! I hate it when baldurs gate lets some random assholes just take things out of my inventory without you being able to do ANYTHING! "uh yeah hi there guys if you could hold still for a second and let me take off that suit of armor you are wearing that would be great" makes perfect sense -.- why in all the fucks does this game not want me to keep these items which aren't even that great... it just pisses me off that these things happen at all! grah

p.s.: i don't give a fuck about drizzt! i've never read a single story about him so i couldn't care less what happened to him! stop force feeding me this shit!
rant end! god damn it!

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    It usually helps to shapeshift into a Mindflayer and then sucking his brain out. Or you could just overwrite C6harp.bcs with a blank .txt file to remove Harpell's scripted immortality from him.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    i think it's because baldurs gate is true to FR and story-telling etc that it forces this one you. Drizzt is an FR stalwart with powerful friends...someone's gonna notice if he's killed and yeah, they'll probably want his stuff back. just my thoughts, o'course
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    If you do not mind mods, the BG2 Tweak pack actually contains an option to remove him so if you kill Drizzt and his friends, he wont appear to take the items away.
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486

I wanted to play a drow due to BG2 and other sources that have made me interested in the idea. Every single other person playing immediately suspected I was playing D'rizzt. Bah!

You shouldnt have rolled a ranger with scimitar proficiencies.

@op Its a good reminder that there are always people more powerful then you.
  • TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 209
    Malavon from Icewind Dale 1, and to a lesser extent, Nym from Icewind Dale 2, are the most memorable drow characters after Viconia and Drizzt. Soulafein as an npc mod was interesting, and the dimension door as an special ability was very flavourful. The party consisted of an elven female fighter/mage Wirbelwind in SoA, I soloed all the way to Underdark, picked up Soulafein and in ToB recruited Sarevok and Viconia...

If I have understood the terms of the licence regarding new content, some new trials could be introduced in the form of avengers. Think, for example, Koshi in the secret compound - just what kind of peers he could have, whom would be zealous to get the Celestial Fury back? And another such scenario could involve the dragon scale armors - a draconic vengeance should cause a sudden shock to anyone wearing red/shadow/white/blue dragon scale armor.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    It really doesn't make sense in bg2.
    The items are notably mediocre by that stage in the game anyway.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Um, wait. The OP KILLED a hero of the realm for no other reason than they could and WHO is the jerk?

Maybe the great Terminsel is next! O.O
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    edited February 2014
    Kaltzor said:

If you do not mind mods, the BG2 Tweak pack actually contains an option to remove him so if you kill Drizzt and his friends, he wont appear to take the items away.

I simply kill Melchor him every time he appears. I honestly dont mind him showing up, but it gets boring after the nth time.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

Um, wait. The OP KILLED a hero of the realm for no other reason than they could and WHO is the jerk?

It was a drow. Drow are evil. Makes perfect sense he'd attack.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    edited February 2014

It was a drow. Drow are evil. Makes perfect sense he'd attack.
    Oh, no. Not this old trope again. :(

It's an elephant. Elephants are Pink. Oh, wait....
    Post edited by the_spyder on
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Dee said:

@Korlamaq
    I hear you, it's annoying that you work so hard to get those items only to have them taken away.

Even so, let's try to keep the language to a PG-13 level. We all know that teenagers have foul mouths, but I'd like to at least make the effort to pretend, for the sake of the parents. :)

(It's also in the site rules, which you can read here)

Umm, uhh, uhm... Infravision-reputationsystem-SkieSilvershield-WizardSlayer-faketalk. *runs away, covering mouth*
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    elminster said:

How come no one complains about not being able to kill Elminster and steal his hat? Poor Melchor :(

That's because they know that neither charname nor any of the characters in their party could pull off wearing it. Too stylish!
    *looks at Edwin* Are you suuuuuure about that, Mr. E?
  • KorlamaqKorlamaq Member Posts: 216
    edited February 2014
    mjs said:

i think it's because baldurs gate is true to FR and story-telling etc that it forces this one you. Drizzt is an FR stalwart with powerful friends...someone's gonna notice if he's killed and yeah, they'll probably want his stuff back. just my thoughts, o'course

well then they should give me a good fight! not just some scripted bullsh*t!
  • KorlamaqKorlamaq Member Posts: 216
    Dee said:

@Korlamaq
    I hear you, it's annoying that you work so hard to get those items only to have them taken away.

Even so, let's try to keep the language to a PG-13 level. We all know that teenagers have foul mouths, but I'd like to at least make the effort to pretend, for the sake of the parents. :)

(It's also in the site rules, which you can read here)

I am sorry i had some annoying bugs earlier which included a few hours of progress loss and this was just the icing on the cake so i lost myself a bit
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    elminster said:

How come no one complains about not being able to kill Elminster and steal his hat? Poor Melchor :(

That's because they know that neither charname nor any of the characters in their party could pull off wearing it. Too stylish!
    Yeah, but a thousand years later I'd kick your arse!
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    I like this Harpell's style.
    A nice feature for those on the "narcissistic outburst" side.