Skip to content

NonSequitur Black Pits II - Recruiting Phase (Still need sorcerer & assassin/mage)

KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
I have some really bad cases of restarteritis in both BG2EE and Black Pits II and to get over it, I decided to start a new non sequitur Black Pits "documentary". By now, I know how to recruit all NPC gladiators, but still haven't found a use for all quest items, so this should be interesting. It won't be a "walkthrough" or "strategy guide", more a documentary of the fights, merchants, quests, NPCs and general advise.

It's been a while since the last non sequitur run and I don't know if the old party is still alive/around. That means time for some fresh faces - aka a recruitment call.

The wise and just paladin (inquisitor, tank) Ser Eyewin Lannister will lead the brave gladiators of Thay and hopefully find the following comrades:

♦ a berzerker/cleric taken or cleric/ranger, dual wielding damage dealer
♦ a vanilla sorcerer, primary caster
♦ an assassin/mage, secondary caster and mage disabler
♦ a druid (avenger or totemic preferred), primary divine caster, utility taken

and either:

♦ a bard (jester or doomsinger preferred), ranged/secondary caster taken
a monk, kitted or vanilla both welcome (Note: I've never played monks, it's just something I considered trying out for a while. I don't really know how to play them though.)

○ Duals are created as the first class and are to be dualed during the first tier, for convenience.

○ Sprites can be anything except large circle creatures (no giants, dragons; they don't fit in the small resting area). Walking speed is no concern.

○ Provide your class, race/sprite, alignment, preferred weapons (anything goes; Ser Eyewin uses Long Sword + Shield, but there are enough to go around for double profs), portrait if you have one.

○ Stats will be somewhat min/maxed, but I'm not patient enough to roll for an hour, so it depends a bit on luck. I try to go for high 80ies or higher rolls for everyone, if really neccssary or not.

○ Illegal race/class is not completely out of the question, but I prefer minor tweaks only. (No non-human duals, but if you want to have a gnome bard, I'm not stopping you.)

○ Active forum poster; it's appreciated if the "players" add some advise for their characters/classes in the topic, because I'm scatterbrained and will forget a lot. :)

Please send me a message with your character suggestion, so this topic will be only actual Black Pits documentation; I'll make a party introduction posting and update it with the final team/character sheet screenshots.

Installed mods (I remember...) are:
More Style for Mages
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18108/item-mod-more-style-for-mages-ranged-wizard-s-staffs-circlets-robe-visual-tweaks-major-update
Spontanous Casting
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29604/mod-spontaneous-casting-for-clerics-and-druids
Doomsinger Kit
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/30158/doomsinger-weidu-mod-now-available-for-download

Races I'd really like to team up with at some point are Bombadier Beetle, Water Elemental, Otyugh, Troll (any), but anything funny/non-default race is fine.

Tagging who might be interested: @Eudaemonium, @Anduin, @Kamigoroshi, @Southpaw, @OneAngryMushroom, @Shandyr, @Metalloman, @jackjack, @booinyoureyes‌, @Pecca‌
Post edited by KidCarnival on

Comments

• NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    I approve of any and all paladins of races traditionally evil. Especially cats.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Hahaha, looking forward to hear about the Ankheg jester in action :D Epic pic by the way :)
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Thanks, it's a default confetti effect from graphic software released on a CD. In 1995. I'm an artist. :)
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I imagine the ankheg jester popping out of the ground to stick his tongue out at enemies, distracting them, then hiding back in his holes before they can hit him (frustrating them even more)
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    That is exactly what he'll do. I tried an ankheg sprite a while ago, just to see how it moves. Should be interesting to see if it can be attacked while underground... If no, that's a whole new level of invisible singing.

Now let's see if we can get the last 2 party spots filled.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Should be interesting to see if it can be attacked while underground... If no, that's a whole new level of invisible singing.

They can be harmed by most of things when showing his head, they can't be targeted nor take damage from AoE spells when underground, so it's very powerful combo. You should probably make him use Melf's Acid Arrow since Ankhegs' ranged attack is a split of Acid.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    edited April 2014
    Another Non-sequitur run?
    Which one can I voice this time? The mainchar paladin? (Nice roleplay of his own schizophrenia)

Hmmm...I would have opted for a MindFlayer Druid or Cleric of Lathander, but since that's taken I see you don't have any Thieves for utility, trap setting, stealing, trap setting, opening locks, trap disarm and catching those pesky halflings with traps...that were set...

EDIT - oh right...Black Pits 2. Scratch that. I'd then take an assassin/mage or a straight Blackguard (okay. no bigotry there, can be also a 'slightly gay' Blackguard)
    Post edited by Southpaw on