Skip to content

Kivan and Deheriana Companions for BG2EE

GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
I know I'm not alone when I say we eagerly await this mod for BG2EE, any news?

Comments

• AvenelAvenel Member Posts: 94
    I am going to second this. We have been waiting patiently for a long time, and still no answers. Is anyone able to say what the status is of the mod, and if anyone is working on it? It seems odd that so many other mods have been made EE ready, but still no word on Kivan and Deheriana. Devs, anyone? (thank you!)
  • Glam_VrockGlam_Vrock Member Posts: 277
    Don't hold your breath. The author's officially stated that there'd be no more updates. As far as I know, they've retired from modding altogether, so unless someone else picks it up...
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    @Glam_Vrock‌ - Berelinde maintains the Kivan and Deheriana mod because Domi retired. However, from the last time @Avenel and I got a progress report from @LiamEsler‌, he said that @CamDawg‌ needed upload the new version of Kivan and Deheriana.

My guess is that @CamDawg‌ is busy doing things related to the new patch, and probably Adventure Y.
  • chrstnmonkschrstnmonks Member Posts: 176
    any news on this
  • KaiOfCandlekeepKaiOfCandlekeep Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    The author (Domi) confirmed that this mod will not be updated.

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=25949

Berelinde is an excellent mod author in her own right, my hope is that Domi will give her permission to continue the work on Kivan (crossmod content and such) so we can have it for BG2:EE
    edited March 2014
    Actually, she says she isn't able to do it not that it won't be updated.

The thing is, @LiamEsler had already converted it to BG2EE, but we're still just waiting for @CamDawg to package and upload the mod.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/422108/#Comment_422108

P.S.: You're going to have to scroll up to where @LiamEsler said that he had already converted it.
    It's at moments like these that I wish I was a modder/coder as well as a writer. If there was anything at all I could do to help speed things along, then I would do it....
    Must...resist...urge...to...bug CamDawg...about Kivan mod... T_T
  • AvengingExileAvengingExile Member Posts: 33

Must...resist...urge...to...bug CamDawg...about Kivan mod... T_T

Give in to your dark side, young SapphireIce...
    I am hoping that some info on this comes out soon
    Any news on this?
    Sorry to keep bugging but is there any news on this mod really want to play it
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Domi has quit modding for the most part, so it's not going to be updated by her. You can try bugging @CamDawg, but from what I understand, all the admins at Gibberling3 are terribly busy atm (as proven by the Vynd mod sort of being in limbo there).
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    edited April 2014
    I attempted to make contact with Domi a few months ago, to date she has not responded. In addition CamDawg is incredibly busy with other projects.

LiamEsler‌ is in possession of the mod but its on a computer he does not have access to until July, at which point he offered to upload. So unless something changes....LiamEsler‌ is our best shot

In the mean time lets remember to be patient and respectful, everyone here is volunteering their time
    Thank you I wasn't trying to be rude just curious
    any news?
    Regrettably no, I've sent another PM to @LiamEsler as it's July, but so far no response, I'll keep everyone posted...
    Okay thanks I hope there is at least some news soon.
    @LiamEsler‌ - Well, now you've given me a reason to play some BG2EE. I'll start testing it out tomorrow.
    Hopefully, I won't run into any big problems.
    edited July 2014
    Interesting bug. Kivan's bow decided to do a disappearing act. I don't know when it decided to disappear, but I noticed it after I went to Athkatla after doing the Windspear Hills quests. Then, I checked my quick save from before fighting with Tazok, and the bow wasn't there either.

So, for the mean time, until someone can fix this bug, the best solution would be to get him another bow, and skip anything that would upgrade his bow. Use EEKeeper, and add in Kivan's bow that way too.

No other issues than that one so far.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @SapphireIce101‌ I'm almost certain that isn't an EE-specific bug, at least. I've never heard of it, unfortunately!
    Yay! Liam, you are a legend!! :) I'll start testing today.
    @LiamEsler‌ - It makes me kind of giggle actually. Thankfully, it isn't that hard to get his bow back if it does decide to go on a disappearing act. lol :)
    Had the same disappearing bow happen to me. I just eekeeped it in . Mine happened really early.
    I had some challenges installing the mod on my MacBook Pro, as I continued to get the error that p#blank.mus was unable to open

I worked around this challenge by manually adding the file (p#blank.mus) to the override folder and deleting the following from the .tp2 file

COPY ~kivan/audio/p#blank.mus~ ~music~
    I keep getting a crash here with kivan and edwin in party trying to rest outside
    @chrstnmonks - What mods do you have installed? Could we see your Weidu.log? I mean, I uploaded your save on my vanilla version with just Kivan installed and got a crash. I just want to make sure that there isn't a mod in there that might be conflicting, but as a side measure, I may recruit Edwin into the party and see if I get the same thing with him.
    Alright, I can confirm that the conversation between Kivan and Edwin that happens at rest ends up crashing when Kivan is telling Edwin that spells can only be used once or thrice a day.

Current Solution: Don't use Edwin as a party member. I'm not quite sure what needs to be fixed here to make it better.
    edited July 2014
    here is my weidu log and i had another crash but no save it was when kivan asked how you killed the beast in amauntur temple the cult of the eyeless quest. Choosing the first option caused crash choosing 3 option did not get crash