Skip to content

Kivan and Deheriana Companions for BG2EE

Comments

• SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    @Avenel‌ - I've gotten that bug, before on both EE and non-EE versions. The only time I didn't get it was using ctrl + Y on the Mad Sahuagin king like before the Prince shows up to the battle.
  • chrstnmonkschrstnmonks Member Posts: 176
    yes me I looked all over never could find her
  • AvenelAvenel Member Posts: 94
    @SapphireIce101 - very interesting indeed. I've never had that bug in my old BG2 playthroughs. Did you get that bug before, @chrstmonks ? I'm curious to know if BG2EE is making an old, randomish bug far more common than before.
  • TarlonnielTarlonniel Member Posts: 13
    Hi - I was thrilled to find out an EE version of this was in the works and managed to play it through the beginning of ToB, but then it became unplayable. When I went to rest anywhere but at an inn, Kivan's music and his "upon selection" dialogue (not sure of the technical term!) played, and the game froze on me. I wasn't sure what to do and I ended up having to uninstall the mod.
    @Tarlonniel - Welcome to our little piece of the forums dedicated to the Kivan mod! :) Was it the original version of the mod that you installed into BG2EE and tried to play?
    Thanks! I kind of fell in love with Kivan and was so sad that I couldn't finish the ToB portion... I installed the version LiamEsler posted on the first page of this thread. I avoided the problems mentioned here by others and it was working beautifully until that hang-up occurred.
    That is a rather peculiar bug. Did he do his beginning speech? If he didn't then that might be the problem, which, I've gotten that problem a couple of times on the old BG2, and the usual solution is to import your final save to ToB.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    The reward is definitely 10,000 gold - I checked it with my old BG2 game initially, and checked it again after your post @Sergio.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thanks for checking that @Avenel‌.

That is a rather peculiar bug. Did he do his beginning speech? If he didn't then that might be the problem, which, I've gotten that problem a couple of times on the old BG2, and the usual solution is to import your final save to ToB.

Yes, he did his beginning speech, along with the first at-rest speech... I think I got as far as the Saradush dialogue. And I went directly from SoA to ToB with Kivan in the party.

It might be the Brightest Star of Ao talk, but I'm not sure.
  • imbeiaimbeia Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2014
    the next Kivan talk after "Brightest Star of Ao" is freezing the game :/ some way to manage with this problem?
    Post edited by imbeia on
    I've now started ToB, and I have another couple of things to report:

1. I never got two of Kivan's lovetalks at the end of Shadows of Amn: it was the talk upon resting where he says the PC that she looks tired and lays his elven blanket on the embers of the fire; and the other one was the stars talk (about a star moving towards the 'throne' that can spell strife (another talk that happens at rest). I rested outdoors twice at night and the talks wouldn't fire. I've always gotten those two talks in the past (sometimes it was the 'vanimaer' talk that wouldn't occur, although this time, it fired upon entering hell to battle Irenicus). In my old BG2 version, those lovetalks seemed to speed up more towards the end, with multiple happening upon one rest, or Kivan's "you look tired" dialogue popping up in his PID screen instead of the usual flirt options. Did anyone else miss these lovetalks? (btw, the blanket one is my favourite, so my poor character Rain is devestated!)

2. I'm getting a consistent game crash during Kivan's first lovetalk in ToB (his: "There were things said between us that I do not want to be lost in this dark tide"). I've been through every dialogue option, and each time I choose "Forgetting everything else in the world you cling to him, drinking in the kisses", the game freezes. Again, it's my favourite dialogue option, so Rain will just have to settle for something else instead.

I'm not very far into ToB yet, so I can't yet comment on the other issues that have been raised.
    I haven't gotten either of those issues.

I usually wait half an hour between Kivan's lovetalks when it comes to his SoA talks. You could try AdvanceRealTime("99999999") to see if that'll make them fire.

Hmm, I never had issues with the "Forgetting everything else in the world you cling to him, drinking in the kisses" line. I'm not sure what's going on there.
  • chrstnmonkschrstnmonks Member Posts: 176
    the kisses one crashed for me
  • DauntDaunt Member Posts: 52
    don't really have anything to say about Kivan and Deheriana in BGII EE, haven't tried it, but

this mod was awesome back in the day <3
    @Daunt - the mod is still awesome; you should give it another go!

Another update:

I had another game crash with the "Where are we now, in which land?" talk from Kivan. When I pick choice one on the first screen ("Haven't I cured you of your melancholy?") and then option one on the next screen: "But I don't want to be carried away!", the game freezes again.

Also, has anyone else noticed little errors in the grammatical spacing of the sentencing in his paragraphs? And I'm not referring to the odd spelling mistake in his dialogues. For a while now, I have been noticing a missing linking word/alphabet such as the word 'a', plus '....' in his dialogues. I thought it might have been my imagination at first, but now I'm not so sure. What really made me scratch my head was in Kivan's lovescene in ToB because if you go through a particular sequence, you come across "Words I will hold you and shelter you" etc. It's supposed to say "Words... I will (etc). There's definitely some syntax missing, and I'm not sure how that has come about.
  • PitinangePitinange Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2014
    Hello,

I had encounter the same problem with the talk just after the one of ao brightest star talk. It might obligate you to go at an inn everytime you need to rest but i tried something else to sleep outside if you started the romance with him : talk directly to kivan, take the 11th answer "can you tech me some Elvish, Kivan ?" then the 2nd "(smile mischiviously...." then the first "hmmmm... how about ...." and the 4th "make love to me" that will make you sleep and don't activate the banter that make freeze the game.

I hope that will help some of you, have a nice game guys.
    @Pitinange - what problem exactly did you have with the lovetalk? Was it dialogue freezing or something else?
    edited September 2014
    When i'm resting outside kivan tryies to tell me something but i don't know what since the dialogue box doesn't appear and the game is freezing, i just have a "Yes ?" and the kivan's theme playing and that's all. This is the one after the ao brightest star talk, so i don't really know wich one it is since i've never been able to see it. It's the same as Tarlonniel reported :

Hi - I was thrilled to find out an EE version of this was in the works and managed to play it through the beginning of ToB, but then it became unplayable. When I went to rest anywhere but at an inn, Kivan's music and his "upon selection" dialogue (not sure of the technical term!) played, and the game froze on me. I wasn't sure what to do and I ended up having to uninstall the mod.

So i find an another way to skip that talk by passing by that dialogue that allows me to rest outside. It was just a little tip to allow the ones who have the same problem to rest outside of an inn due to that dialogue wich make the game freezes.
    I would like to add that sleeping in an inn will not always prevent that diaologue to come but it happens once in a lot of hour playing.

I hope i've been understandable, English isn't my mothertongue.
    Post edited by Pitinange on
    I've run into the same game crash that @Pitinange reported. I had no problems with the Brightest Star of Ao lovetalk, but as soon as I rest and the next at-rest dialogue is supposed to come up (it's the "Alcarinque, I brought you chilled wine [or mulled wine depending on whether you are resting during the daytime or night] to wash away the dust and heat of the day" lovetalk), the game freezes with Kivan's romance music playing but no dialogue box comes up. I tried resting both during the day and at night (to see if it was possibly a problem related to how his dialogue changes depending on the time), and outside and in an inn, and the same crash occurred. I've had a look at some of his variables, but I have no idea how to try to advance the lovetalk sequence so I can get to his next one instead. As it stands now, I won't get any of the rest of the lovetalks for the first sequence, and I won't get any of the random second sequence lovetalks either. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get past this game crash and move on to the next talks?

Btw, the only way I was able to continue the game was to do as @Pitinange suggested and use Kivan's PID to force a rest through the learning elvish option. @Pitinange - did your game go back to normal after missing that lovetalk (ie did it move to the next lovetalk?) or did you keep getting the game freeze?
    edited September 2014
    I kept the game freeze, i've never been able to rest outside and get the others lovetalk in restmode. Maybe there is a way with the eeKeeper to pass that but i'm a not good to find wich banter or lovetalk or restime or something else i should maybe change (add or delete) to pass that one in the global variable of him. I finished the game like that... The only things i got from him was the banters where he put flower in the PC's hair with "The rivers froth with blood... Your Kivan never fails to remind you of this." and the ones after passing each room in the Pocket plane, the ones that goes with history like in Amkethran.

Just be carefull since there are some place you can't sleep in but with that PID you can, it's like you can cheat the game as in the last part in the throne.
    Post edited by Pitinange on
    Well, Kivan for BG2EE has been released. I hope @CamDawg‌ looked in this thread for the bugs that we've encountered, and maybe...hopefully, fixed them?
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

Well, Kivan for BG2EE has been released. I hope @CamDawg‌ looked in this thread for the bugs that we've encountered, and maybe...hopefully, fixed them?

I wish I had known, which is why you should always report bugs in a mod's forum.
    @CamDawg‌ - Well, we we're kind of told that we were supposed to keep the BG2EE version bugs in this thread by @LiamEsler. So, I apologize for not making the bugs in this thread known a lot more sooner.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @SapphireIce101‌ @CamDawg‌ Yeah, that's on me! Cam has admonished me and I feel suitably chastened.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Ah, gotcha. I'll see what I can do.
    edited September 2014
    @LiamEsler, and @CamDawg‌ - I'll see if I can make an updated list of bugs, issues that need to be checked, and cosmetic things to save you guys the trouble of digging in the thread.

Confirmed Bugs:

1. Kivan's bow doing a disappearing act.
    Solution: EEKeeper it back in.

2. Edwin/Kivan talk causing a CTD at rest.
    Solution: Don't use Edwin until this bug is fixed.

3. Kivan asking the PC about how they feel about losing Saradush.
    Solution: Basically, choose the not nice options.

4. Kivan having a broken shield in his inventory.
    Solution: One could always EEKeeper a Large Shield with an armor class bonus of 1, and a special +1 vs missile weapons.

5. Lilarcor speaking without him being equipped.
    Solution: There is none, because it doesn't cause a CTD, but I'll put this here under needs fixing.

6. Kivan asking how you defeated the monster in the temple during the Unseeing Eye Quest leads to CTD.
    Solution: Pick options 2 or 3.

7. Jozzi the Seasnake not spawning after the mad shark king is dead, and after looting the breathing nose ring.

8. Rest conversation after "Brighest Star of Ao" leads to CTD if you don't use the speaking in elven options before resting.

9. Consistent game crash during Kivan's first lovetalk in ToB (his: "There were things said between us that I do not want to be lost in this dark tide"). "Forgetting everything else in the world you cling to him, drinking in the kisses", the game freezes.

Bugs that need to be checked:

1. Potential CTD after the "Brightest Star of Ao" talk. Not able to reproduce, so no solution until someone can reproduce it consistently.

2. NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS in the third Lilarcor banter.

3. Kivan saying "The Keep of the De'Arnise is a sombre place." in a place that isn't De'Arnise Keep, as well as nobody answering him when he says that. Not quite sure if this is an interjection or banter. Still needs to be checked.

Cosmetic Issues:

1. Jozzi the Seasnake's portait being all blurry, and poor quality.
    Post edited by SapphireIce101 on