Skip to content

How BG1 NPCs are treated in BG2 - huge spoilers

124»

Comments

• ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    @Buttercheese If I was Aerie in that comic scenario, I would petrify/hold/stun whatever Shar-Teel and see who gets the last laugh.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Archaos said:

@Buttercheese If I was Aerie in that comic scenario, I would petrify/hold/stun whatever Shar-Teel and see who gets the last laugh.

Shar-Teel's not really that kind of a bully anyway, and Aerie comes from the circus where cruelty to animals is just standard everyday practice.

Quayle is... an absolute continuity nightmare. Unless the gap between BG1 and BG2 is several years, there's not nearly enough time for him to have grown so much and undergone so many changes, or even for everything that's supposed to have happened between him and Aerie to have happened.

Poor Ajantis gets the worst deal though. You don't even know it's him until... poor guy.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    edited June 2014
    I have mixed feeling about how they were treated

Khalid- I really like this guy, his death really made me appreciate him. I think his death fit the story well though

Dynaheir- I like her... not enough to keep around, but i felt they should've handle her passing better.

Xzar & Montaron- I was very happy to see Xzar until he acted like a dick, but i just passed it off like he was having a bad day. Was happy to have some sorta interaction with him until i found out i was tricked by the harpers, by leading Xzar into his own death. Only to find out that poor Montaron's body was stashed inside a chest on the second floor.

Garrick- Was my favorite cameo too. Love his happy ending story

Quayle- Never had much interaction with him at all in BG1 so his BG2 persona didn't bother me. I felt Arie gave him a bigger role to help flesh out his character.

Ajantis- Is my all time favorite Paladin squire, and Tank next to Khalid. Seeing his death cheapen at Windspear was very disapointing. But if i leave Keldorn and Anomen behind, the player would have no idea.

Coran & Safana- Like Coran, I always save him when i fight the Werewolves in BG2 but not so much Safana, she always came off like a bitch. So seeing her betrayel in BG2 made perfect sense. And killing her was just, just.

Xan & Branwen- Even though they weren't a pair in BG1 there kinda a pair in BG2. Through tutorial mode. They personalities were pretty much intact. I guess i could say im content with there fate. There safe and sound at Baldurs Gate.

I'll update the rest later