Skip to content

Neera or Edwin?

meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
edited March 2014 in Off-Topic
So I'm playing a neutral good elven thief/Mage, right now with a party of anomen, viconia, Minsc, and yoshimo, but I'm a bit cleric heavy, and I want to replace arie with a Mage, becuase I've never had Vicky and I might romance anomen, or maybe pick up rassad(though I just had him in my last playthrough, so I doubt it.) so do I want Edwin or neera for my Mage. I know Edwin is more powerful, but I'm not really concerned about that. I just want to know who's storyline is more fun.
  1. Neera or Edwin?30 votes
    1. Neera
      70.00%
    2. Edwin
      30.00%
CrevsDaaklolien

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I should mention that I'm playing minimum reload, so I only reload when CHARNAME dies, which would make neera interesting.
    NecomancerjackjackBlackravenlolien
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Edwin + Minsc = Gossip Girls Season 16

I think Neera fits in with most of the other characters based on alignment and goals. I hear that Wild Mages get really powerful at higher levels due to Reckless Dwoemer but I'm not entirely sure how that works.
    Blackraven
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    Reckless Dwoemer, from what I know, can access *any* spell the mage knows. I'm probably wrong but it means you can cast your high level spells using level 1 slots. Very handy.
    meaglothAstroBryGuylolien
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Necomancer - You're right. Pop up a Chaos Shield, and a high-level wild mage can have very good chance of casting a level 9 spell with a level 1 slot.

Add the Robe of Goodman Hayes and that could go over 50%
    Necomancerjackjack
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    I gotta be honest. I'm kinda shocked here that Edwin doesn't have even one vote.
    lolien
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited March 2014
    Edwina -> Neera -> Edwin.

If you want to make it really complicated.

Jan -> Xan -> Edwina -> Tiax -> Xzar -> Neera -> Quayle -> Dynaheir -> Edwin -> Aerie.

Unless you have a wisdom score of at least 20 you won't be able to figure that one out.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Err.. it makes noe sense @SionIV, the order can be dependant on many different things.
    CrevsDaak
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

I gotta be honest. I'm kinda shocked here that Edwin doesn't have even one vote.

I think its because of the fact that its a neutral good charname. Managing your reputation (in my view) is a pain especially when you are a good character.
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Neera can cast contingencies with 0 chance of Wild Surge with just a level one spell. No reason to pick Edwin, I like Neera better.
    ChildofBhaal599elminsterlolien
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    I was tempted to cast the lone Edwin vote, but since your main concern is whose storyline is more fun, I'd have to say Neera (particularly her ToB quest.) She just has more to do than Edwin, and you can get some cool stuff from her quest.

You've got balls to even consider having a wild mage in a low-reload party, though. Good luck!
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Well, we have a consensus if I've ever saw one. Neera it is.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I voted for Edwin, because his adventures do indeed end when they come and take him/her away.

That leaves room for a wildmage.

I suppose I would have voted for a take both option.
    jackjacklolien
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    CrevsDaak said:

Neera can cast contingencies with 0 chance of Wild Surge with just a level one spell. No reason to pick Edwin, I like Neera better.

that... was very insightful. i feel like i wasted a potential time stop for chain contingency on my last game. well, for Neera at least. Imoen isn't a wild mage sadly :(
    CrevsDaak
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Neera. I hate Edwin, arrogant, self serving, pompous oaf. Neera is a better spell caster any way, just be careful with that wild magic.