Skip to content

Ideas for a really bad NPC mod

jacobtanjacobtan Member Posts: 655
Just out of morbid curiosity (and a bit of perverse fun), I'm trying to conceive what can be considered the "worst NPC mod". They might include:

1. Weak stats (9 throughout)
2. Weak class (perhaps Wizard Slayer?)
3. Comes equipped with cursed items that give negative bonuses
4. Talks regularly... Like once every 30 seconds
5. Romances everybody from male to female to animals (even Wilson the Bear)
6. Writing that rivals the worst of fanfiction (maybe yaoi + graphic details + something else)
7. Ludicrous background (Star Wars + DnD + LotR + some camp stuff)
8. Interrupts you with sleep talks at inconvenient moments, when you're fighting Ascension Melissan, for example
9. Lots of melodrama - if Saerileth can die of heartbreak, maybe he/she/it dies if you don't sleep with he/she/it

Any other bright ideas? :p

Comments

• jacobtanjacobtan Member Posts: 655
    @Tome‌ Sounds promising! Let the community be the judge lmao
    @Tome‌ Actually, I don't mind writing a story for this if I can squeeze out some time. It sounds... Bad. LOL
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    @jacobtan: Go ahead-just be sure to make her as moving and likeable as I tried to. :P
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    It's horrible.

I like it. xD
    It would be fantastic if I knew SOME "olde English" :P
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    edited March 2014
    Every sense of writing integrity that I have is horribly in horrible pain of horrible nature with horrible pudding on the side. I approve.

Edit:You should add a bit about her and Viconia having a "rivalry" and by that I mean Viconia acts completely out of character, Mary calls her out on being evil and Viconia ends up eventually betraying you in the underdark in a way that the character never would because obviously shes evil and only Mary could see it. Remember, half the terribleness of a NPC mod is how they force established NPCs to change. Also, make Edwin madly in love with her.

@jacobtan‌ 's character

We are trying to come up with a bad mod after all :p

edited March 2014
    @booinyoureyes My character is Tome's. I'm just fleshing out the content the way I think a bad writer would write XD
    You know, maybe we could crowdsource this and actually make it a mod? Not crowdsource as in 'ask for money' but rather just allocate different segments of the mod to different people-the clash in writing styles would make it even worse! Of course, we'd need a capable modder first. xD
    Tome said:

You know, maybe we could crowdsource this and actually make it a mod? Not crowdsource as in 'ask for money' but rather just allocate different segments of the mod to different people-the clash in writing styles would make it even worse! Of course, we'd need a capable modder first. xD

Agreed. Then we can all write "accolades" for this mod. Lmao
    This one is worse. I laughed and retched as I wrote this. Lololol

(Next to Imoen is the beautiful young woman who helped you fight Irenicus. You are mesmerized by her beauty)

NPC: Thou must be PC. I have long pined for thee.

PC: (You are dumbfounded by the beauty that stands before you. She is no longer a girl, yet not a woman. But her beauty combines the best of both worlds. So engrossed are you in drinking of her beauty that you are not aware that you are gaping)

(NPC blushed, but because her skin was dark, her face turned as violet as her eyes)

NPC: Thou art Bhaalspawn, art thee not?

PC: Yes, my lady.

(NPC brightens up in delight, her violet eyes becoming glowing amethysts)

NPC: Then thou art the one! Before I leaveth my people, I was informeth of a prophecy, that I must seeketh a Bhaalspawn who is my true love. Art thee that one?

PC: Yes, I am him that thou seeketh.

NPC: I pledge my love unto thee, my love. I shalt love thee with all my heart, that the gods will envy thee!

(PC holds her soft hands in his, gazing lovingly at her)

PC: Thou art mine, and I am in thou. Forever.

Had to be done. :P
  • RhaellaRhaella Member, Developer Posts: 178
    jacobtan said:

PC: (You are dumbfounded by the beauty that stands before you. She is no longer a girl, yet not a woman. But her beauty combines the best of both worlds. So engrossed are you in drinking of her beauty that you are not aware that you are gaping)

I hope the PC is dumbfounded regardless of gender! Then you can have the unholy union of Saerileth and Chloe.
    edited March 2014
    Rhaella said:

jacobtan said:

I hope the PC is dumbfounded regardless of gender! Then you can have the unholy union of Saerileth and Chloe.
    You have to ask @Tome‌ since he came up with this character that I'm fleshing out LOL

Originally, I wrote "So engrossed are you in drinking of her beauty that you are not aware that you are drooling from the side of your mouth.", but I thought this is a bit much... makes the PC look like a REAL pedophile LMAO
    edited March 2014
    I would rather have her heterosexual, because then she can be homophobic and thus we can make her even more detestable. Alternatively, she treats you like a male either way.
  • RhaellaRhaella Member, Developer Posts: 178
    Tome said:

I would rather have her heterosexual, because then she can be homophobic and thus we can make her even more detestable. Alternatively, she treats you like a male either way.

Ooh, hijack a female PC entirely so that she's in love with Mary, and then have Mary deride her for it.
    edited March 2014
    Rhaella said:

Tome said:

Ooh, hijack a female PC entirely so that she's in love with Mary, and then have Mary deride her for it.
    Maybe this NPC has a Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde condition. Mary is the dominant, good person, and Sue is the submissive, evil person. They alternate in their appearance.

A female PC falls in love with one persona, but is rejected by the other persona. Eventually, the PC is confused and goes insane.

The end.

this thread is literally making my eyes bleed...

Yeah. It's a community effort to come up with the worst of the worst, so if your eyes are bleeding we're on the right track lol

If this does get completed, we can laugh at it and maybe play a "where did this come from???" game with it XD
    You should give her an animal companion/familiar of some sort that can "marry" boo.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    This is so deliciously bad. I actually laughed at the Khorne cult part, at least it wasn't a cult that worshipped Nurgle, or Slaanesh.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    No, no. Mary Sue can't just be the off-spring of a good drow and Elminister, she needs to be the offspring of Elminsiter and Eilistraee, and she needs to also be a Chosen of Mystra (the mystical eighth sister, you see). So she has silverfire that she can use to burn the souls of all non-believers and heretics.

As for a female protagonist, the female protagonist gets no romance, as Anomen, Rasaad, Dorn, and Hexxet are all too in love with Mary Sue to look at the female CHARNAME. And Mary Sue will not permit herself to be used in a party with any other mod NPC, because they don't worship her and understand how great she is. She explodes CHARNAME with Irenicus's custom spells if s/he attempts to add another mod NPC to the party.
    edited March 2014
    Honestly? I'd make her the daughter of Loth and Elminister and make it a bit of a darth vader thing except without the last minute redemption. Perhaps an aspect of Loth only, and not the full goddess.

...This is going to lead to the worse side quests ever.

P.S.By worse I mean best.

P.P.S. This also gives her a "We're children of god both isn't that so COOL!" aspect, also angst over her own parentage. At some point she should be mopey about her mother and you get a metric fuckton of dialogue options but none to point out that your father is the lord of murder and therefore you probably have it much rougher. Nope. Gotta focus on her and her hang ups.