Skip to content

Ideas for a really bad NPC mod

Comments

• TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    You want awful ideas? So be it.

I: Singing. Occasionally, Mary Sue will burst into song. The lyrics shall be pretentious and ridiculous, but all non-Sarevok companions will compliment her upon hearing it. She will have conversations with CHARNAME where they write lyrics together.

II: An inner dark side called the Destroyer, a remnant of a ritual done upon her by her evil wizard slayer cult family. Every now and then, she will become the Destroyer, who can only be defeated by Charname and if he kills her it's game over. Therefore the only way to defeat her is to bring her down to low HP and then use a new innate ability : 'kiss Mary'. The power of love will break her bonds. In ToB, the Destroyer will split from her after CHARNAME and her get back together because it cannot survive the purity of their love. It will join the final battle as a servant of Melyssan.

III: She will be in Charname's special dream interludes due to their bond.

IV: She will have a Giant Miniature Space Hamster (so witty!) called Squeak with whom Boo falls in love.
  • jacobtanjacobtan Member Posts: 655
    I have faith that the ingenuity of humankind will transcend known limitations... including pushing back the boundaries of ludicrousness.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    edited April 2014
    Tome said:

II: An inner dark side called the Destroyer, a remnant of a ritual done upon her by her evil wizard slayer cult family. Every now and then, she will become the Destroyer, who can only be defeated by Charname and if he kills her it's game over. Therefore the only way to defeat her is to bring her down to low HP and then use a new innate ability : 'kiss Mary'.

Sexually assaulting a PMSing young lady. That might just be worse than having consensual sex with a 15-year-old.

Nice.
    I aim to please/disappoint/horrify/amuse.
  • Glam_VrockGlam_Vrock Member Posts: 277
    How about sexually assaulting a 15-year-old? 'Cause you can do that in the Saerileth mod.

I'm not even talking statutory here. You can grope her against her will and she puts an unremovable curse on you and runs away.

So yeah, the worst mod ever should include rape, because nothing says "mature" like shoehorning in extremely sensitive subject matter that's completely beyond your level of competence.

• LoubLoub Member Posts: 471

How about sexually assaulting a 15-year-old? 'Cause you can do that in the Saerileth mod.

I'm not even talking statutory here. You can grope her against her will and she puts an unremovable curse on you and runs away.

So yeah, the worst mod ever should include rape, because nothing says "mature" like shoehorning in extremely sensitive subject matter that's completely beyond your level of competence.

Bonus points if that rape is portrayed as redemption.
    Huh. Never knew you could do something to Saerileth against her will...
    Guys, I feel genuinely bad about making a "joke" about sexual assault... :/
    Yeah, to be honest I never intended it to come across that way. I still think 'kiss to redeem' is cheesy enough and non-rapey to be acceptable, but I think we should draw a line there. I'd much rather not have anything approaching actual sexual assault in a humorous mod.
    Maybe to snap her out of it Charname should get her attention off of party members first by a non-damaging spell. Then Charname just has to be smacked around for a bit while being all Zen *without fighting back* and when under a certain amount of hp (near-death, to make players freaks out) she comes to her senses.

Mary: "Oh my love, what have I done? Thou hast been hurt by these wicked claws of mine curse! And yet, thou hast not even risen thy blade at me!"

Charname: "My dearest, *cough* 'tis but a scratch. How could I have lived with myself if I injured you? Why, I would surely die of heartbreak."

*insert npc interjections showing their concern for MARY only*
    Hmm. We have about 5-6 dialogues so far. Excellent!
    @Tome gold.
  • iuventasiuventas Member Posts: 95
    Suddenly there's an image of Sarevok annoyedly staring into camera (The Office style) in my head.
    Roll 1d6:

1. Sarevok takes 1d8 damage
    2. Sarevok is blinded permanently (scour my eyes!)
    3. Sarevok is diseased (it's that sickening)
    4. Sarevok is feebleminded (duuuuh)
    5. Sarevok turns to stone (he's petrified)
    6. Sarevok dies of heartbreak. Only a wish will revive him.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited April 2014
    jacobtan said:

Roll 1d6:

1. Sarevok takes 1d8 damage
    2. Sarevok is blinded permanently (scour my eyes!)
    3. Sarevok is diseased (it's that sickening)
    4. Sarevok is feebleminded (duuuuh)
    5. Sarevok turns to stone (he's petrified)
    6. Sarevok dies of heartbreak. Only a wish will revive him.

Please make it 1d7 and add a 'Sarevok gives you back your soul saying "Have it back, better to be dead" and dies', then mary revives with biased ideas on Sarevok's head so he wants you two to be together.
    edit: changed my idea to a more appropriate one (threesome could be have been funny but just no).
    edited April 2014

Currently not caught up on this topic but I just thought I'd recommend using instrumental versions of metalica and nickelback songs as their main character theme, at some point you should be able to ask her about an odd song shes humming (You literally have no choice. The text mentions shes humming and all your choices are asking her) and she'll talk about how much she likes those real life bands and try and pretend they exist in her world.

Because nothing ruins immersion of a setting like attaching real life things to it.

Mary also loves watching plays.

Plays about a particular good-looking, male vampire falling in love with a young girl, who is also loved by a werewolf. She sees such a relationship for her in the future with Charname.
    jacobtan said:

Currently not caught up on this topic but I just thought I'd recommend using instrumental versions of metalica and nickelback songs as their main character theme, at some point you should be able to ask her about an odd song shes humming (You literally have no choice. The text mentions shes humming and all your choices are asking her) and she'll talk about how much she likes those real life bands and try and pretend they exist in her world.

Because nothing ruins immersion of a setting like attaching real life things to it.

Mary also loves watching plays.

Plays about a particular good-looking, male vampire falling in love with a young girl, who is also loved by a werewolf. She sees such a relationship for her in the future with Charname.
    Plot twist: the "werewolf" in our story is...
    Wilson...
    The last time she watched this play was when Haer'dalis' Sigil Troupe performed it, starring:

1. Haer'Dalis as the vampire
    2. Lunisia as the girl
    3. Biff the Understudy as the werewolf. Originally, Wilson the bear was the werewolf, but the stupid bear ran away.

This is all getting more and more ridiculous lol
    Nooo..! Biff was trained by Wilson, just before he had to leave, on a mission... to save the alliance between lions, tigers and bears...
    @LordRumfish‌ No worries about it, we will probably need everyone's help if we really want to actualize this mod, but in the meantime, we'll just indulge in the most absurd of ideas... it's a sport to try to outdo Saerileth you know :P
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    @LordRumfish - I'd play that mod
  • AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 269
    Plot twist: Jack has a portrait because he's actually the antagonist.
    For the TOB epilogue, Jan made Jack his personal turnip farmer...

Plot twist: Jack has a portrait because he's actually the antagonist.

He's Bhaal's OTHER High Priest! If he is in your party when you defeat Melyssan, he takes the divine power but uses it to resurrect Bhaal as she was meant to.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    *starts his lighter to bring on the flame*
    Why make a really bad NPC mod when you can just use Jan Jansen?

On a more serious note, just create Abdel Adrian.

/thread