Skip to content

Brevlik, questgiver at Elfsong Tavern, is supposed to be a gnome (not a dwarf)

LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
edited May 2014 in Not An Issue
I see via EE Keeper, and appearance-wise (Thief Male Dwarf) in-game, that Brevlik at the Elfsong Tavern is supposed to be a gnome according to the text but the game uses a dwarf .CRE file for him. (He offers the quest to steal the telescope at the temple of Gond.)
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I'm not sure I would call this a bug, to be honest. Sure, it's not technically correct, but since the sprite appears to be the same, the only difference is going to be in the paperdoll—which you're never going to see unless you force him into the party using CTRL+Q. I just checked the original BG1 and BG2 and it is the same there as well. In the case of the former it is even worse since the paperdolls are identical.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    This happens for lots of gnomes, because BG1 used the same animations, even the paperdolls are the same.
    I don't think that this is a bug nor that it's worth changing.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    No, it's not a bug but not sure where else to report it. :-)
    edited April 2014
    @Lemernis,

Feature requests would be my guess, along with anything else that appears out of the ordinary. Such as Coran (Chapter 6) having an Invoker kit, even though he's not a wizard class. Due to the ease at which character stats can now be viewed in (the as of yet unreleased version of) Keeper, I dare say people will probably find a lot of funky stuff that they never knew about before.

In BG2, there's also an Alu-Fiend whose class is Tanari but also has a Berserker kit (perhaps those sort of classes automatically default to Fighter?). Arny Max, (an unused resource, MDK2MAX) is also a Conjurer but has a Fighter kit. Levin Ryan is a Paladin class, but he's Lawful Neutral—albeit that the alignment system is more or less irrelevant, it is an impossible Class-Alignment combination.

There is a lot of other stuff, but it's all mostly irrelevant and may even have some reasoning behind it. Like the rationale behind camels being classified as ships in Age of Empires II so as to avoid being treated as cavalry. Using Keeper is all well and good but, in-game, none of this stuff is actually noticeable. In this regard, as they say, what you don't know won't hurt you.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    No worries then I would say! Thanks!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Not an issue then I guess? I will send it via a desert boat (aka Camel)
    @Tresset, I was going to make a feature request, but never got around to compiling a list of weird stuff that might warrant changing.